PDA

View Full Version : 2nd AKC trial

areese
04-13-2008, 09:42 PM
The Weens and Salsa and I were at our second AKC trial this weekend. Although I do think I enjoy CPE and USDAA more (you get to run more!!) we had a good time. Laika and Owen qualified everything they ran (two standards, two jumpers with weaves) and Salsa qualified in one JWW (she doesn't run standard in AKC cuz they use a pause table which she can't do. Yes, she can jump, do the teeter, climb the a-frame etc etc yet her delicate belly skin and girly parts can NOT touch the unfinished wood of the pause table or she may well perish)
SOOOO Laika and Owen have new titles! Laika was the star, receiving her NAP (Novice Agility Preferred) and her NJP (Novice Jumpers Preferred) and Owen got his NAP. Preferred is cuz they jump the lower jump height which is 4 inches.
Salsa needed 2 Jumpers with weaves runs this weekend and she got one saturday but today she didn't qualify. Poor little thing had to wait until 4:30 pm to run and she was so geeked and ran so fast she blew right by the weaves...not a huge deal but when I called her back she just ran so fast in a big circle, came back around and blew right through them again, then made ANOTHER big circle, took an extra jump or two and came back around and finally did did them but that was two refusals and an off course. She was hilarious..she was running so fast I could hear her little breaths huffing like a tiny train. SO bery darn cute she is...

Tex
04-13-2008, 10:46 PM
And I'm assuming that the pics from said agility trial are loading as we speak......

:congrats: to Owen, Laika, and Salsa!!!!

Opaleyz
04-14-2008, 12:57 AM
I just :love9: how you describe little Salsalita's antics--it paints such a perfect picture of her!

:woonana: on a great job done by all four of you! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Alex's Mom
04-14-2008, 07:55 AM
I'm sitting here smilling at Salsa's antics...bery bery cuteness, even if she didn't qualify (and I LOVE that it's so much fun for everyone, that it doesn't matter...).
:congrats: to the divine Miss L, and Owen Weenie!! WE're so proud of ALL of you (esp their mom!) :hug99::hug99:

areese
04-14-2008, 08:28 AM
And I'm assuming that the pics from said agility trial are loading as we speak......

:congrats: to Owen, Laika, and Salsa!!!!

I haven't taken any yet but the photographer got SOME.
http://www.rayduttonphotography.com/gallery/4708445_2fpDM#278616408_aUTCa
Look at laika's silly ears coming out of the tunnel! Not to mention a rare picture of Laika on the teeter. Of course he coulda taken 50 of them. She HATES that teeter. BUT Sunday she did it very nicely and pretty fast for her. I am very proud of her. We had a long talk about how I won't let it hurt her and I won't make her hurry-she can take her time but she has to do it. Maybe that worked..
http://www.rayduttonphotography.com/gallery/4707437_b233P#278527831_g2fGh

lotsadox
04-14-2008, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the explanation of preferred. I was wondering. :scratch:

Miss Salsalita, what ARE we going to do with you? You are just too cute for your own good. :hearts: :hearts:

I just love hearing you describe her antics. I can just see her.

lizzieb38
04-14-2008, 02:21 PM
:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: For my lil niece and nephew. I can just see Salsa running around at full speed. You do such a good job of describing her. Give them all hugs and kisses from me.

Barb
04-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Oh my gosh - I just love The Weens and Salsa antics - the descriptions are perfect - I can just "see and hear" them !!!!

Congrats to all of you !!!! :cheer3: :appl: :cheer3: :appl: :cheer3: :appl: