PDA

View Full Version : Auggie the Bird Hunter

Auggie's Mom
02-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Auggie and I were on our late night walk last night, around 1:00 AM. He did his business, and as I bent down to pick it up and throw it a way, I saw a flurry of motion out of the corner of my eye. It was a pigeon, who was desperately trying to get away from us. I looked at Auggie, and he was standing there with two feathers in his mouth! I think he attacked the bird while it was sleeping. He was very proud of himself!:woohoo:

Yolanda
02-01-2006, 01:16 PM
Sounds like good doxie to me. :boogie: :boogie:

Jen
02-01-2006, 01:28 PM
WTG Auggie!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Tasha will chase them, even corner wounded ones, but then turns to me like, now what?

Does Auggie go after mice and rats too? You must see rats if you're out at 1 am!

Lisa
02-01-2006, 04:07 PM
What a great hunter!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

A 1:00 a.m. potty break? Doesn't he know it's a work day? :potty3:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-01-2006, 04:55 PM
I took Shadow & Reesee into PetSmart to see how they would act. It was nice, they didn' t "touch" anything...until he got to the hamsters, mice & gerbils. Shadow tried to "dig" on the glass to go after the "rodents"
He will dig mole tunnels in our yard too.

Jill
02-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Ha, Reese's favorite thing to do when we go to Petsmart is to check out the guinea pigs, gerbils, chinchillas etc. He likes the birds too. He barks and barks and barks at them, and does the scratching thing on the glass.

Lisa
02-02-2006, 12:35 PM
So we know he doesn't like birds....how is he with other furry things? Does he go after mice etc?

lotsadox
02-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Another great dachsie hunter! :hula1: Cash is my hunter and he doesn't corner stuff and look at me. He corners it and kills it! Thank God he doesn't eat it. :vomit:

Frzframe
02-03-2006, 11:53 AM
"bird breath." She's gotten a few robins and then I was able to rescue a few too. Yep stinky bird breath. :)

oceangirls
02-03-2006, 12:05 PM
A pigeon, wow!! That's a pretty large target!! Especially a tough, seasoned street pigeon.

I just want mine to kill giant cockroaches, that's all I ask. Mine prefer to follow their prey around and pick them up and put them down and mouth them. You do not want death at the hands of my dogs... :rolleyes:.