PDA

View Full Version : USDAA title!!!!

areese
04-27-2008, 11:33 AM
I am sure everyone is tired of my agility bragging but Laika got her first USDAA title yesterday :) There are only 6 dachshunds with any titles in USDAA as it is a difficult venue, prob. the most challenging as far as times and courses. Of course it's only her Starter's Jumpers title but still... I am proud. :)
And since the judge did not seem very respectful of the smaller and non-traditional agility dogs, it made it that much sweeter.
Owen and Salsa each got a "Q" too. So Owen needs one more snooker Q for a title, and Salsa needs one jumpers. Owen got a first in snooker, Salsa got a 2nd in jumpers with a lovely 31 second run. So there, Judge from Texas!
Laika now has titles in 4 venues.
It's silly...but I'd like to list all her titles just one time...
Some agility people do it all the time...like have that as their sig. line which I think is kinda silly but I'd like to see them all in print :)
so she is:
C-ATCH UAGII Laika Rocket PJ1, NAP, NJP, ChJ, ChST, ChSN

Jen
04-27-2008, 11:46 AM
That is a mouthful of titles!! :congrats: to you and all the puppers! Way to show that judge that doxies CAN do agility (and Salsa bugs too!). :woohoo:

Opaleyz
04-27-2008, 12:03 PM
:woonana: :woonana: :woonana:

Congratulations!! You have an awesome trio of great agility dogs and deserve all the accolades you get for working with them so well! So congratulations on all the titles and Q's--we're all very happy for you :D

areese
04-27-2008, 12:11 PM
That is a mouthful of titles!! :congrats: to you and all the puppers! Way to show that judge that doxies CAN do agility (and Salsa bugs too!). :woohoo:

Yeah, it seemed to be Salsa she had the problem with. Had to tell me how she wouldn't let a person with a tiny toy poodle train at her facility. Also the teeter that won't tip for Salsa was on the course, she said if I had a three pound weight they would test it (??) But someone actually did, the teeter did NOT tip in the required amount of seconds and actually didn't tip at all with the weight 12 inches from the end as it is supposed to and...they did nothing.
So...it doesn't work and nobody cared. But then Salsa and I messed up snooker before the teeter so it didn't matter anyway but still.

areese
04-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Some pics of the trial. Sadly he missed Laika's title run.
http://www.rayduttonphotography.com/gallery/4804501_rkKjk#285457785_Bbdy3

http://www.rayduttonphotography.com/gallery/4804501_rkKjk#285457484_kBzDd

alfina
04-27-2008, 01:08 PM
That is so awesome Amy. Wow, Laika sure has a LOT of titles. It is great you are having so much fin with your dogs.

Barb
04-27-2008, 02:34 PM
WOW oh WOW - that is awesome !!!! I love hearing about all threes accomplishments and of course you need to list all her titles !!! VERY kewl !

Patt
04-27-2008, 03:11 PM
:congrats: to all!!! :cheer3:

I am so happy for you. Ya'll make one heck of team. :hug99: :appl: :hug99:

Alex's Mom
04-27-2008, 04:06 PM
Om my gosh, Amy, I got all teary-eyed reading Laika's titles (Laika Rocket indeed!!!) I'm just SO proud of you, and the pups. And :nana1: to the stupid judge.

Azaren
04-27-2008, 06:22 PM
:appl: :appl: What a great accomplishment!

A big :congrats: for you and Laika!

Teddysmom
04-27-2008, 07:12 PM
:holyshp: that IS a mouthful of titles! Way to go Laika!!!:appl: :cheer3: :appl: :cheer3: Awesome job Amy!!! Keep those agility stories coming; they never get "old"!

Tex
04-28-2008, 07:05 AM
:way2go: Laika and Amy!!!! That's awesome!!!!:cheer3:

bittyup
04-28-2008, 07:24 AM
OMG! That is sooo exciting. Never too tierd of hearing about Laika Rocket and her friends. You must be running out of wall space for all those gorgeous pictures you have. I love Owens ears-one goes out and one goes up:hearts: A great big:congrats: :way2go: :congrats: :perfect10 :congrats: :congrat2: :congrats:

michelehbc
04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
:cheer3: :cheer3: YAYYY!!!!!!! GO LAIKA WIENER!!!!!!!!:cheer3: :cheer3:

Jill
05-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I am just catching up on posts, but as soon as I saw the title of this, I knew it had to Amy posting!!

CONGRATS!!!!! That is such an accomplishment, for both you and Laika! :cheer3: