PDA

View Full Version : Saving Animals Across Borders

lotsadox
02-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Some of you remember when I was working at SNAP (Spay Neuter Assistance Program) that there was a big upheaval on the board and they ousted the founder (my original boss). I was not happy about this or about the new management and the things they were doing. In the meantime, my old boss has gotten some backing and started another non-profit benefitting animals, Saving Animals Across Borders. His first funding was to do work in Mexico, which he has been doing for about 6 months now. Now he's started working with the local county shelter to help them adopt out animals. Previously they had no adoption program and basically housed them until they put them to sleep unless someone came to pick them up. Most of the dogs that we get in dachshund rescue here come from the shelters in the area. Sean (my old boss) has set up a Saturday adoption program at a local mall to get animals adopted. I know that this is not an optimal situation, but it's a step in the right direction. I've volunteered to work with Sat and help with adoptions. If it goes well, I plan to work one or two Saturdays a month with them. I'm really excited about it. It makes me feel good to be helping animals that might otherwise be PTS find homes. :hearts: I just wanted to share with my DLC friends.

I'm also hoping to help out in the office one or two days a month. They are in dire need of office staff and can't afford to hire anyone. The Business Manager is my old administrator from SNAP and she has set up most of the systems like they were at SNAP so it should be fairly easy for me to go in a help them.

Anatresia
02-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Sometimes, bigger, better, stronger, way more awesomer things come from upheaveal and ousting!

I hope all goes well with the new program and it becomes bigger and better than the old one!!! The important thing is that you're all still helping animals, instead of letting the politics stop you- kudos to your old boss!

Linus
02-01-2006, 09:46 PM
That's great!!! You're such an :angel7: to go and help them out on your weekends, too!!!

Lisa
02-01-2006, 09:52 PM
:bigang: That is so great Patrice!! Good for you for volunteering and big kudos to him for starting this program.

Lots of success!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Helen
02-01-2006, 10:15 PM
It sounds like y'all are doing a lot of good work. :appl: Imagine all the animals that will be saved because of your old boss helping to set up an adoption program. :boogie:

Let us know how the adoptions go Saturday!

Nancy
02-02-2006, 09:38 AM
You are such an angel for helping out! You should be proud every time one of the puppers is given to a good home!

Yolanda
02-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Go for it and volunteer. I am sure anything you can do will be greatly appreciated.

lotsadox
02-02-2006, 09:58 AM
It is appreciated. I have tons of respect for the people that are running this non-profit. They have very little money and are working miracles with what they've got. My old boss tried to hire me and I would have loved to have gone back to work for him, but the location is bad for me. Too far to drive every day. :( So I"m going to go over once in a while and help out.

LUVMYGUNNER
02-02-2006, 10:58 AM
Thanks for helping those puppers.

doxiechick
02-02-2006, 11:02 AM
That sounds wonderful! I know you will be a great help to them. Keep up the great work and mega adoption :bigrayz: :bigrayz: sent to all that cross your path!

Mama S.
02-03-2006, 11:44 AM
You rock!! Hope you get lots of babies new forever homes!!
Sandi