PDA

View Full Version : OK this is NOT cool.

Rae
02-02-2006, 11:54 AM
I took HRH to Dr Chuck's to get her stitches out on Tuesday, and there was a man in there with a little pupper doxie. I was of course enthralled. Got to talking to this guy and he has... 29 (or maybe he said 39, I was floored so I can't remember) doxies. He had had 2 girls each have a litter the night before and I asked how many he generally breeds (I am thinking mill.... BYB at the least) and he said he's not a breeder.

Being my demure self, I popped right off with "mister, if you had two litters of puppies last night and you have 29 doxies, you are a breeder".... He launched in about his world champion this and 50# original doxie from England, etc. He stared naming off this champion and that champion and more..

Said he has every color- b/t, red, longhairs, piebald (asked me if I even knew what piebald is! the nerve- some of our best friends are piebald!) etc..I was sure he was going to tell me about some beautiful double dapples, but thank dog he quit.

I do not want to judge,and he WAS at the vet... but sheesh. I can't help but wonder if this was the guy married to the woman Duchie and encountered in our Great WalMart Caper back in the fall.....

What should I have done/said?

bumpergirl
02-02-2006, 12:07 PM
You're pretty shy aren't you? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good for you for speaking up! You go, girl!! :appl:

Jacqueline
02-02-2006, 12:07 PM
I would have said, "Really? I am sure my brother in law would be facinated! He's with the American Kennel Club registry, and animal control. Can I send him out to meet you?" But that's just me. :scratch:

Nancy
02-02-2006, 12:15 PM
I would of knocked his teeth down his throat, but then again, i'm not much of a "lady".

I hope HE'S neutered. We don't need more stupid like that in this world!

Frzframe
02-02-2006, 12:16 PM
He's not a breeder? What the heck?!!

I don't know what I would've said to him but I think you did what you could and he's just in la-la land.

Fluffy
02-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Am I missing something?? Great Walmart caper?? I would have been floored too Rae!! That's just insane. These people just make me want to :vomit:

Jen
02-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Not a breeder my :bleep:! Gee, how many dogs does he thing breeders have?

I admire your self-control Rae. It must have been tempting to :lowblow: the :loser: !!

Rae
02-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Am I missing something?? Great Walmart caper?? I would have been floored too Rae!! That's just insane. These people just make me want to :vomit:

Bex- you remember,when I ws getting ready to go to the big pet show I took Duchie in a beach bag to get her ready to learn to travel in a pet tote bag... We went to WalMart and ran into a lady in the pet aisle who was talking about all her dachshunds and then told me this big tale about how she bred the "purtiest" dapple to another one and "you know what? they was blind"...

I about had a stroke in the WalMart Store.

Rae
02-02-2006, 12:22 PM
I would have said, "Really? I am sure my brother in law would be facinated! He's with the American Kennel Club registry, and animal control. Can I send him out to meet you?" But that's just me. :scratch:
Drat Jacqueline- I WISH I had thought of that- that is the perfect answer!

quavec
02-02-2006, 01:27 PM
:mad: shoulda asked since he wasn't a 'breeder', if he was a hoarder!:mad:

lotsadox
02-02-2006, 01:37 PM
I love Jacqueline's answer! :banana: :banana:

What a :loser:! Unfortunately, stupidity isn't illegal! :scratch:

K2
02-02-2006, 02:54 PM

:appl: :rotfl: Great answer!!! I bet that would have shut him up!!

Linus
02-02-2006, 03:39 PM
Dang....people just irk me!