PDA

View Full Version : Dozens of Wieners!

Pokey's Dad
05-25-2008, 01:21 AM
Last Sunday, we had the sweetest experience since we lost our little guy. Here in Los Angeles, they did the "Walk for the Underdog" charity event for rescue dogs. The local doxie group attended and they invited us to walk with them in honor of Pokey. We took Marta with us and walked around the La Brea tarpits and surrounding area on an extremely hot day. I thought you all might like to see the pictures since there were lots of wieners (and even a celebrity or two - hey it's LA). You can view them here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcardani/sets/72157605128691712/).

Enjoy!
Darrin and Renée
(aka Pokey's Dad and Mom)

Sophie and Lili's Mom
05-25-2008, 02:30 AM
Last Sunday, we had the sweetest experience since we lost our little guy. Here in Los Angeles, they did the "Walk for the Underdog" charity event for rescue dogs. The local doxie group attended and they invited us to walk with them in honor of Pokey. We took Marta with us and walked around the La Brea tarpits and surrounding area on an extremely hot day. I thought you all might like to see the pictures since there were lots of wieners (and even a celebrity or two - hey it's LA). You can view them here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dcardani/sets/72157605128691712/).

Enjoy!
Darrin and Renée
(aka Pokey's Dad and Mom)

Great pictures! What a wonderful tribute to the Grand Ol' Man!

Rileybugg
05-25-2008, 02:59 AM
What a fun way to honor Sir Pokey. I'm jealous that you got to hang out with all those weiners! Thank you for sharing. :hearts:

Lisa
05-25-2008, 07:12 AM
That is so awesome! :thankyou: for sharing with us, we miss you both.

oceangirls
05-25-2008, 08:57 AM
that is just the way I would like to start every Sunday morning, by watching a slideshow of adorable wieners and a gorgeous Marta :hearts: . Thank you for sharing!! We really miss you guys, stop by anytime :)

TheDoxieHaus
05-25-2008, 10:41 AM
I love seeing all of those weenies! Wonderful Pictures!

Tex
05-25-2008, 11:13 AM
What great pictures! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Thank you for sharing them!

Patt
05-26-2008, 02:21 AM
What a neat event. Good job on the picture taking and thank you for sharing. I loved seeing all the dogs especially Marta. :hearts:
Please keep in touch.

Rae
05-27-2008, 09:08 AM
what a great tribute. Was just thinking about BSP yesterday.
Enjoy your trip... miss you guys.

Jen
05-27-2008, 03:12 PM
I've missed you--thanks for sharing a fun day out and pics of the lovely Marta and tons of weens!

Mama S.
05-27-2008, 04:08 PM
So glad you remembered us and shared great pics! You are still family after all!!! Doo miss you - wish you were around more often!!

Mama

Pokey's Dad
06-09-2008, 03:31 AM
Thanks for all the kind words! Sorry we've been so quiet lately. I still get a little sad (and a little happy) whenever I see another wiener dog. I sure do miss our little guy.

Also, sorry it took so long to respond. We went on vacation a day or two after I posted, and we just got back.

Pokeys Mom
06-09-2008, 03:46 AM
Also, sorry it took so long to respond. We went on vacation a day or two after I posted, and we just got back.

PD and I were having a very relaxing lunch on a restaurant patio while on vacation and saw an a d o r a b l e doxie strutting by with his owner. After PD took a few pictures I called out, "Hey, nice wiener!" :D The owner was pretty far away, but turned around and laughed. It felt good to see a little doxie again, make silly jokes and laugh.

AgileOllie
06-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Looks like alot of fun!!! I wish we had something like that here!

michelehbc
06-09-2008, 01:01 PM
What Fun! :cheer3: We miss you guys!