PDA

View Full Version : One Rigby for Sale (A long, gross tale of dachshunds and diarrhea)

Anatresia
02-03-2006, 05:31 PM
If you are queasy about poopie stories, close this now. Last chance.

I did what the vet said and gradually reintroduced the wet food to the dogs. They were doing fine. I stayed up later than usual last night, doing my grades for five hours (I teach over 350 students.) I was really tired. At 4:30, Rigby hops off the bed. This is our cue to get the heck up and let her outside or she will just let loose on the rug. Paul gets up and, look! Poopies on the floor. He's angry, but he cleans it up and we go back to bed. Rigby curls up by me for about ten minutes, then moves. I figure she's just moving to someplace else.

Instantly, the smell of death permeates the room. We turn the light on. I can't see poop anywhere, but I know I smell it. I flip back the covers and start to climb out of bed and as I lay my hand down to push myself off the bed- it landed in DIARRHEA. Oh god- wet, slimy, chunks of poop were literally clinging to my hand. Definitely the grossest thing to happen to me yet in my life.

I washed up instantly and then came in to take care of the comforter, which I had to instantly throw in the wash due to the wretched smell of death. I then took her down to try to go outside again and as we hit the living room, it just dropped out of her rear end on my carpet. Another mess. Now it's 5:00, I'm so cranky, I'm shampooing the carpet, she's cowering and refusing to come to bed (thinking we'd be angry- and we darn well should be- pooping on the bed....) She's being so cuddly and sweet today to try to weasel her way back into our hearts.

So we're back to the bland diet. Sigh. This dachshund food situation is getting really old.

K2
02-03-2006, 05:33 PM
:bighug: Oh Tracy~what a way to start the day!!! At least it's the weekend and you can catch up on some sleep!!

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Rigby!!

quavec
02-03-2006, 05:34 PM
eeeewwwwwwwww:yuck: I should have headed the warning! Poor Ms. Rigby. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: belly rayz to her. As for getting back into your heart, I'm sure she never left.....she just has to work her way back into your BED!

Goob
02-03-2006, 05:41 PM
:shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

WOW!!!!

Kerie
02-03-2006, 05:57 PM
ooooh! do you mix the wet food with dry? wet food alone is difficult! sorry this happened!!

Jen
02-03-2006, 05:58 PM
:shocked: :shocked: :huh: :holyshp: :faint: What a horrible way to start the day!

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Rigby!

Anatresia
02-03-2006, 06:00 PM
I mixed it with dry and alternated with pumpkin every other day. I think I'll have to do dry/pumpkin then wet/pumpkin, then dry/pumpkin, then wet/dry, etc. Wet only every other day until they get used to it.

I have to get to Petsmart and see if there's anything better they could be eating. I'd like to stay away from dry, as Mr. Butters has allergies to the fillers. But Miss Rigby gets poopies with the wet!!! It would be terribly difficult to feed two different kinds of food.

Tanya
02-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Oh Tracy! :bighug:

If it makes you feel any better I spent 40 minutes cleaning our carpet last night after Peaches had an issue with diarrhea on the carpet. She couldn't go the extra one foot and hit the tile! :mad: She too was super cuddly the rest of the night becasue she knew I was mad. She had her head jammed into my neck all night in bed! Of course I melted and forgave her! :hearts:

jenfer
02-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Poor Rigby, Tracy and Paul. It's gross, but it's not your fault nor Rigby's. Sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for little Rigby and more :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your sanity. :D

Nancy
02-03-2006, 06:47 PM
gosh! my heart goes out to you and rigby! :bigrayz: 's for a full nights sleep!

Lisa
02-03-2006, 06:49 PM
What is the asking price for Miss Rigby? I would love a beautiful red smooth girly girly.

Kerie
02-03-2006, 06:56 PM
Oscar has been okay, not wonderful, but better, on a sensitive skin and stomach formula kibble.

JanUet
02-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Mommie,

Dis is Rigby. I sowwy i pooped in yer bed. My tummy feels awful and i just kan't help myslef. I cudn't run to da baffroom in tyme. (not like u hooman do when you haf da sh--its) Pwease forgive me Mommie, I no you twies bewy hard to help me. Maybe I nead a diaper? Dats whot Auntie Janet says.

I will twy bery hard not to do it agin. Pweas forgib me.

Anatresia
02-03-2006, 07:08 PM
What is the asking price for Miss Rigby? I would love a beautiful red smooth girly girly.

We'll pay YOU to take her!!!!:rotfl:

Lisa
02-03-2006, 07:16 PM
Well, I get my new vehicle on Monday, so I will be there shall we say 4ish?

Anatresia
02-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Well... I'd be okay with this scenario, but I think you'd have to bring some powerful weapons to get her out of her Daddy's arms. He came home tonight and was singing (yes SINGING) about how she "has a sweet kissy face and a stinky muddy butt." He is soooo lame with her. I can't stand it.

Why did I have to get a second dog when I had perfection in the first one? At least she's pretty!

Linus
02-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Ewww!!! I'm sorry about all of that!! :bigrayz: for Rigby's tummy, your hand, and your bed!!

Mama S.
02-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Poor Riggy Poor Mommy Silly Daddy! Me thinks he's related to Jamie! HIS girl NEVAH does anything wrong!! Here's some tummy :bigrayz: :bigrayz: dat her bewwy will be better!
Sandi

LUVMYGUNNER
02-03-2006, 10:17 PM
You ought to check on the canned foods by Merrick--only ones that Gunner will even try he won't touch any other canned food, they look like homemade.

Mama S.
02-04-2006, 10:01 AM
How is our girl this morning?? DId anybody get any sleep last night?
Sandi

Anatresia
02-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Her tummy seems fine so far today, but she's driving me crazy. She insisted on going out at 2:30 last night and now I'm so paranoid that everytime she changes positions, I wake up, assuming she's going to poop the bed again! It was not a restful night!

Hopefully I can tire her out enough today to get some sleep for tomorrow.

Patt
02-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Sorry I thought I replied to this. Tracy I can't imagine how awful that must have been to wake up like that. :shocked: I hope she is feeling better today and a couple of good long walks will tire her. Sending :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-04-2006, 11:20 AM
I' ll take the little one if you can bring her to me! She would love my pack.

I' m so lucky I don' t have anybody having tummy troubles! Shadow did for a while & my vet said to feed him the Puppy Chow again 'cos its better for him to digest easier.
So he' s been on the Purina Puppy Chow ever since & no more tummy troubles!

lotsadox
02-04-2006, 06:37 PM
Eeeewwww! That is so disgusting. :shocked: That's worse than the time I put my hand in puke under the covers of the bed (at least I think it's worse, hmmmm, I'm not sure).

I'm glad that Miss R is feeling better today. :cheer2:

Pokeys Mom
02-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Oh Tracy! We had a few rounds of diarrhea here, so I know a little of what you are going through. During the worst of it, we just covered large sections of the floor with paper and pee pads.

Did your vet give any meds for Miss Rigby? :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: I hope she is feeling better!! Big hugs for you!:rayz: