PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have puppers....

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-03-2006, 09:20 PM
that can communicate with you vocally or do they mostly use body language?

My puppers do both at the same time! Reesee is very vocal, dances on hind legs & makes different pitched sounds for what she wants & if she' s bored/sleepy/aggravated. She groans, moans, growls, yips & barks. She groans, barks & yips in her sleep. She even makes noise yawning! Reesee shows me she loves me by licking ny nose! And she brings me a ball or toy to play Fetch. She' s the only 1 so far that will get a toy that I tell her to & bring it to me & put it in my hand.

Shadow does spins, bounces, begs, while vocalizing Rowwwl Rowwl Rowwl.
He runs to his dish, pokes it w/ his nose, comes back & Rowwl Rowwl Rowwl, then runs to dish & spins around & begs. He' s whiney too. Shadow also tells me he loves me. He puts his head on my shoulder & rubs his face on my cheek & goes HmmMMmm HmmmMMmm!!!!:hearts:

The puppies yip & dig on the door/crate gate. They howl & whine too.(ALOT)
They do bouncies to tell me they want a treat & when they wanna cuddle on my lap. And are trying to beg!

Nancy
02-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Molly is not very vocal at all. She only barks when someone is coming into the house, that's it! As far as body language is concerned when she wants me dinner, she pounces on me and put's her nose VERY close to my plate and just stares! and when she is wants to play she runs into the livingroom, jumps on the couch and drags her head against the pillows! very weird! :rotfl:

LUVMYGUNNER
02-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Gunner is very vocal--i know when he wants to play frisbee-he walks us to it, same when he wants to play ball-brings the ball and drops it on your foot. Petunia comes and barks when she wants e to follow her and go outside.

Mama S.
02-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Mine are a typical herd - they are all different! Hershey uses his nose to bonk you when he wants something! THen he does this silly dance where he throws his head WAY back while danincgin around! Sam who has found his voice won't shut up! He whines, barks, growls, just makes a racket! Oscar grumbles and growls - when he rally wants something he whines A LOT!
Sandi

Lisa
02-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Pixel does not shut up. I swear he will speak full English sentances soon. I honestly think he said "Pogo" the other day (and I was sober at the time!).

Pogo is strickly body language. He will look and me and look at the light telling me to turn off the light. So of course I do. He will claw my leg when he wants to be picked up.

JanUet
02-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Casey does what we call his Chewbacca talk. It is quite funny!

Sophie is being more vocal as she scratches my leg to tell me I have spent way to much time on the DLC and She DEMANDS her cuddle time.