PDA

View Full Version : Reese is signed up for his CGC prep course!

Jill
07-04-2008, 07:52 AM
It starts this week. I figured I'd take him to class and then see if I can work with Bailey at home. I have doubts about Bailey being able to pass the seperation part of the test, if I am there. If I had Dan handle him, we might have a chance.

Anyway, Reese willl start class on Thursday!

lotsadox
07-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Good for you! I took both Cash and Miller through the prep class before they got their CGC. Miller was a trial and I never thought that he would pass. I just figured it would be good training and socialization since the basic obedience had helped him so much, but he did! It may take a lot of work but I'll bet you can get him past the separation part. In class, there were several dogs that has a lot of SA problems and they gave some really good ideas on how to work with them on it.

Courtney
07-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Yes, good luck! My dogs would never be able to handle the greet a stranger holding another dog part....they are freaks. :sosad:

lotsadox
07-04-2008, 11:33 AM
You know, Courtney, I expected mine to be terrible about that, but with the exception of one poodle that Cash hated they did fine. The only problem I had was Miller hated that long leash and he didn't want to come to me with it on. :rolleyes:

jenfer
07-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Good luck with the course and the test. :crossfin: :crossfin: Gigi flunked the supervised separation the first time (passed all the other items), so I was really nervous when we did the test this time (with no prep course... we didn't even practice. lol), but it was only $10 so we gave it a try, but she made it! I also think that now she is older helps.

Jill
07-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Well, the class got postponed due to low enrollment, so we will not be able to participate now. :(

Patt
07-24-2008, 03:24 PM
What a bummer, I hope they start another class soon. :crossfin:

Linus
07-24-2008, 04:30 PM
Well, dang! That sucks!!

I am starting to train Bailey at home. Waco doesn't offer CGC classes, but my obedience trainer does private consults for it. Maybe you can do something similar?

Jill
07-24-2008, 04:44 PM
Well, dang! That sucks!!

I am starting to train Bailey at home. Waco doesn't offer CGC classes, but my obedience trainer does private consults for it. Maybe you can do something similar?

Yeah, I was really looking forward to it. It was supossed to start back on the 10th, then they postponed it to the 24th, and now it's postponed until 8/7. Who knows if it'll run then, but even if it does, it now would go into September and my classes start that first week, so I can't go.

I had been inquiring about the advanced obedience at our petsmart, but they never had it running. I should look into it again.