PDA

View Full Version : Scooter found a home!

bumpergirl
02-05-2006, 11:21 AM
The home visit went very well yesterday. The family is lovely, and it's a perfect situation for him. The wife only works part time on weekends, and the husband works from home, so someone is always there. They couldn't have been more excited about meeting him, and had tons of questions about what they could do to make him comfortable and happy. He goes over there tomorrow after I get off work. They wanted some time to "Scooter-proof" their house first, which made me happy.

I, of course, was a wreck all day after we left there. I cried all the way home, and off an on all day until I finally wore myself out and went to bed around 9:00pm. It was a combination of sadness for having to let him go, and happiness for finding him a home.

I don't know how Yolanda and Courtney and all of you foster parents do it over and over again. After yesterday I've been thinking that maybe I'm a failure at this fostering thing and would be better off volunteering my time in other ways.

I will take pics tomorrow night and get them posted as soon as the swelling on my eyes goes down, probably sometime Tuesday. :rotfl:

JanUet
02-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Oh Kelly :hug99:

What you did was absolutely WONDERFUL!
Scooter now has a Forever Home and People that are willing to love on him and make him comfortable.:hearts: :hearts:

You did not FAIL! Just because of a few tears? I don't have any Fostering experience, but I'm sure it gets better.

You are an :angel7: for what you have done for Scooter. YOu have made him Happy :snoopy: and His new family Happy :penguins:

Fluffy
02-05-2006, 11:40 AM
Oh Kelly!! I'm so happy for Scooter!! I can't even imagine how you must feel right now!! I think I'd make an awful foster mom...I'd never be able to let anyone go!! You are now amongst the :angel7: for taking Scooter in, and finding him a loving home. If you need anything tomorrow, please, let us know and we will brighten your spirits in chat!!! We :hearts: you!!!

lotsadox
02-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Kelly, I cry every time I let a foster that I've had for any length of time go. It's just part of the process. :sad2: As you said it's partially sadness at letting them go and partially happiness that they found such a good home. You're an :angel: for helping Scooter. I just keep thinking about something a rescue lady told me.

If you keep each one, you can save 5 or 6 dogs. But if you find them homes and send them on you can save hundreds.

It helps me to realize how much good I'm doing and that make me feel better.

Courtney
02-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Ditto what Patrice said!! I am not a big cryer, but that's just me. BUT when I found out Dax was going to be adopted, I burst into tears AT WORK! And cried for like a month after that! Please don't think you can't foster...you rock at it! The world needs you and even more fosters too!

K2
02-05-2006, 01:43 PM
That's great news for Scooter!!! :banana: :banana: I know it'll be tough to say goobye~you did such a great job with him. :bighug:

mamaw
02-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Kelly I am so happy for Scooter. I know you are sad but it sounds like he has a wonderful forever home. You and Yolanda are :angel7: :angel7: Maybe his new mom and dad will join us and post pics every once in awhile. everyone who has seen pics of Scooter has fell in love with him.

Linus
02-05-2006, 02:57 PM
That is so great for Scooter!!! You'll have to let his new parents know about the DLC so they can give us updates on him!

Mama S.
02-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Oh honey, I'm the failure - my first time out - Sam stayed!! I am so thrilled that there are :angel7: like you out there who take theses guys in to your home and love them unconditionally and them find them a new forever home! I sure hope you twist their arms into joining us so we can keep up with him!
Sandi

Goob
02-05-2006, 03:31 PM
:bighug: for you Kelly! Great job with Scooter. :appl: You made a difference his his life, and he'll always have a special place in his heart just for you. :hearts:

:heartsign

Bella's Mom
02-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Good job Kelly! I'm so happy to hear Scooter found his forever home. I applaud all of you who foster. You are like their special angels taking care of them so lovingly. Thank you! :appl:

jennie_c_d
02-05-2006, 06:44 PM
I failed at my most recent foster:) She bonded too fast, and bonded to my dog. I couldn't help it....

If you hadn't cried, we'd be more worried. It's always hard when fosters find a home. Always. It's so great to see them a couple of months later, so happy and well cared for:)

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Where is his new home? Don' t worry, just remember you can always visit him!
And I'm sure you' ll get updates on him often.

Sounds like he is getting a great home! Someone will always be there for him, he won' t need a pup sitter! He' ll be spoiled the way he deserves to be spoiled!

LUVMYGUNNER
02-05-2006, 07:23 PM
Good job hon, Did he get his cart yet???

Frzframe
02-05-2006, 08:40 PM
That's great news!! Don't worry crying comes with the territory. :)

Nancy
02-05-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm so happy for Scooter! Think of how lucky he was to have you foster him and then have you choose a PERFECT forever home! Big hugs to you!

Patt
02-05-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm happy you found a loving home for him. :appl: If for some reason it doesn't work out will you take him back? This is exactly why I am unable to foster, I just couldn't handle them leaving. Sending many :hug99: :hug99: to you and :thanx: for being a rescue/foster :bigang:

Lisa
02-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Phenomenal news Kelly,

I am so happy he found his forever home! You will always be his special :angel7: .

Wonderful job!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

doxiechick
02-05-2006, 11:05 PM
I am so happy for Haas/Scooter. I heard Yolanda say something about sending him to Atlanta; so I am glad to hear he will stay close to home.

Yes, fostering is tough. It would bother us to hear that it didn't bother you to give him up. You have to tell yourself everyday several times a day that you are just his temporary home; you are getting him ready for his forever home. There are so many out there that need your help.....you have to keep telling yourself that.

Great job Kelly! :appl: :appl: I'd like to see him in his new chair too

Jill
02-06-2006, 09:07 AM
Awesome!!! I am so happy for you and Scooter!:hearts: