PDA

View Full Version : Life after Scooter

bumpergirl
02-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Only a couple of more hours until Scooter goes to his new home in Arlington. I'm very excited and happy to have had a part in finding him his forever home. It's been an absolute joy having him with me, even when I was crying my eyes out over the thought of letting him go.

Now I have to re-focus my full attention back to my precious girls, Bailey and Peanut. :hearts: They have been so wonderfully patient and tolerant while Scooter has been with us, but I can tell that they are ready to have their home and their life back to normal.

I went and bought them their own donut bed on my lunch hour today, because they were always jockeying for position in Scooter's. Every time he'd come out of it, one of them would go in! I think they'll be pleased.

I picked up a copy of "Dachshunds for Dummies" while I was out on lunch today, too, for Scooter's new parents. They've had dogs before, but never a Dachshund, so that will be my "Gotcha Day" gift to them.

Wish me luck that I get through this process tonight without making a complete blubbering fool of myself! I'll post about how it went as soon as I can.

HotDogMama
02-06-2006, 04:35 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: heres some Mega rayz for a good night!! I'm sure you will be able to keep in touch with scooter's new hoo-slaves, won't you(hopefully)? I couldn't imagine myself in your position, I'd have to have a new house just for dachshunds! Good Luck tonight! That is a very thoughtful present also! :bighug:

Yolanda
02-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Kelly, Here is a group hug for you. :gphug1: :gphug1: :gphug1:

Believe in what you are doing and smile. Scoots will be totally loved and spoiled at his new forever home. Your girls will be glad to have your totally attention for a while.

Remember the paper work, I sent you, please. Take pictures.

Call me if you just to chat and to tell me all about how things went.

mamaw
02-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Here is some :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you Kelly, he will be in a good home and not to far away so maybe you can see him once in awhile. I hope his new parents will join us and post pics and let all of us know how Scooter is doing. Hang in there Kelly you and Yolanda have done a terrific job with Haas/Scooter.

bumpergirl
02-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Remember the paper work, I sent you, please. Take pictures.

Yep, I got it. I changed the date to today and printed out two copies. I'll call you on my way home. I'll be the person sobbing uncontrollably on the phone...just like Saturday!

lotsadox
02-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Just think of the wonderful thing that you've done in sending Scooter on his way to a loving home. :hearts: There's another dachsie out there that needs your help and you couldn't help him if you had kept Scooter! :angel7: Go home and snuggle with your two and have a good cry. You're an angel and angels always fly above things. :angel7:

JanUet
02-06-2006, 06:57 PM
I don't know about anyone else but If i was on the receiving end of getting a Rescue Doxie, I would be honored to have the Foster Parent crying in front of me. That would show me that I am getting a very special pupper!!!!

I say.......CRY AWAY!

You (Rescue :angel7: ) have done something very special for Scooter and his new parents. Although he has wormed his way into your :heart14: he will do that with his new Family.
Scooter was a very lucky guy to have you.

I agree :gphug: :gphug1: :gphug:

Patt
02-06-2006, 07:04 PM
All I can say is you have done a wonderful job with Scooter and sending lots of :hug99: :bighug: :hug99: to you.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-06-2006, 07:05 PM
You' ll be fine! I don' t think you' ll cry (at least not until you get back home) Love on your pups & tell them how good they are! You' ll be OK!!!!
I' m sure they' ll really love the little beds too!

Don' t worry!

LUVMYGUNNER
02-06-2006, 08:48 PM
You have done so much for him--will we see pictures of him in his cart???

Mama S.
02-06-2006, 09:12 PM
Kiss the babies and get set for the next sweetie that you can be an :angel7: for!!
sandi

Anatresia
02-06-2006, 09:23 PM
You are such a wonderful, strong person to be able to do rescue! :angel7: Just be happy that you've been able to help the little guy! (Although, I'm one to talk- I could NEVER foster because I'd keep them all!)

I hope you give the new owner our website address! I will miss pics of that sweetheart!:hearts:

Frzframe
02-06-2006, 09:29 PM
:hearts: It's a hard thing to do (turn the babies over to their new families) but it's so worth it when you get that first update saying that the family loves their new member of their families so much already. Then the next update comes and it's even better and they are even more in love with their new baby!! Just remember however sad you are the new family is just as happy or even happier then you are sad.

Nancy
02-06-2006, 09:56 PM
he's going to be great kelly! just think of how much you've done for him and smile!

oceangirls
02-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Awww, I don't blame you for being sad. :( You did a great job with the little sweetie.

Definitely go hug your girls :hug99: :heart: :heartbt: