PDA

View Full Version : Our guest

areese
08-04-2008, 08:08 PM
My friend Pat (Salsa's old mommy) is having heart surgery today...well I guess she has already had it...so we are watching Nou Nou. I don't take care of her dogs anymore (unless it's an emergency) but she would worry about Nou with Tom taking care of him. Tom is a man who lives in her barn. Long story. But he does love her dogs and takes care of them for her and helps out a lot but sometimes he just doesn't use common sense with the dogs as far as letting them out without leashes and stuff. One ran away a couple of weeks ago (Tom found him and all was ok but still...) So despite instructions to not let any of them out of the fence, she still would worry. So Nou is here.
He's a good boy but he did pee in the house (marking) once. I think he's settling in now though.
Laika's not looking all that thrilled...
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT1505.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/badbweff.jpg

O wouldn't join the rest of them but is lurking there in the background...
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/PICT1506.jpg

Lisa
08-04-2008, 08:14 PM
:holyshp: He is incredibly stunning! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I :love9: Laika in the first picture....I'll sit here and look pretty, but I am NOT happy about it :)

areese
08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
:holyshp: He is incredibly stunning! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I :love9: Laika in the first picture....I'll sit here and look pretty, but I am NOT happy about it :)

Isn't he gorgeous. He's a good boy too...he seems happier now but he was a bit anxious about staying here at first. Without mom, that is. He loves to come over with her. He's very nosy and has looked in every cupboard and room and corner :)

Mama S.
08-04-2008, 09:03 PM
WOW! He is gorgeous!! I'm a weenie lover but boyo could i ever love him!!!!!

Otto'sMom
08-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Salsa's got a serious lean going on there.:rotfl:

Patt
08-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Nou Nou IS very handsome. :hearts: He looks like he's settling in nicely.
Thanks for pet sitting. I'm sure Pat will recover faster without having to worry about him running away from Tom.

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Pat.

TheDoxieHaus
08-04-2008, 09:30 PM
Wow, he is gorgeous! It's great that they all seem to get along. Salsa seems to be giving the evil eye also.

areese
08-04-2008, 09:46 PM
Wow, he is gorgeous! It's great that they all seem to get along. Salsa seems to be giving the evil eye also.

It's funny...she (Salsa) usually loves him and she was so excited shen he got here but then when Pat didn't come in with him...she got all huffy and is very jealous of any attention. Salsa lived with Nou Nou for 8 months...she used to sleep with him when she was a tiny puppy but I guess she doesn't want to share me with him in her own house!

RosaC
08-04-2008, 10:16 PM
Wow, he's gorgeous!!!!!! Great pics.

Tanya
08-04-2008, 10:37 PM
I love Salsa's expressions...she's a riot!

Alex's Mom
08-05-2008, 08:05 AM
What great pics...the bug makes me literally :rotfl:. Such a drama queen!!! :rolleyes: Nou is a gorgeous boy, all right...but I can't help looking at him and thinking "all that hair!" Which would be why I prefer short-haired nekkid dachsies :rotfl: (You're such a good friend, Amy...Pat is SO lucky, in so many ways.)

areese
08-05-2008, 08:31 AM
What great pics...the bug makes me literally :rotfl:. Such a drama queen!!! :rolleyes: Nou is a gorgeous boy, all right...but I can't help looking at him and thinking "all that hair!" Which would be why I prefer short-haired nekkid dachsies :rotfl: (You're such a good friend, Amy...Pat is SO lucky, in so many ways.)
Hair indeed!!! But actually he's kinda out of coat at the moment (summer makes them shed out the undercoat) and it looks like she brushed him before he came (and washed him too-he's really clean!) so the shedding is minimal. but I'm glad I don't have to take care of it!!! His only other problem is he drools. It's so funny..cuz he is really a clean and rather fastidious dog so the saliva dribbling seems to out of character for him.
Pat called last night, they put a stint in her main artery-was 80% blocked so I am sure that is why she was feeling like crap lately. They talked about her coming home today but I think they forgot she drove herself and was supposed to stay another day....we'll see. He's being a very good boy. I'm glad she is ok...I would have a hard time giving Nou to someone else although we have someone picked for him and I don't really want a big dog. He's getting to be a bit of an old man..he'll be 11 this fall.

Anatresia
08-05-2008, 08:32 AM
OMG your girls are too funny! So expressive!:rotfl:

He looks like a lion! What a cool dog!

Tex
08-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Nou Nou is very handsome!:hearts:

And would someone please give Salsa her V-8 before she falls over!:rotfl:

Barb
08-05-2008, 09:29 AM
He is gorgeous and what a good friend you are ! The captions and the looks on your kids faces are hysterical !

bittyup
08-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Gorgeous house guest. Salsa is definitely saying get a tic-tac. Laika has a very interesting expression too. Is he a tervuren?

areese
08-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Gorgeous house guest. Salsa is definitely saying get a tic-tac. Laika has a very interesting expression too. Is he a tervuren?

Yes he is a tervuren :)
Here's all his titles and such:
http://winjammer.brinkster.net/NouNou.htm

Click on "more photos" then on "the saga of Nou Nou" at the bottom for his story. He truly is a wonderful dog. Although he's driving me nuts a bit cuz he insists on being 6 inches from me at all times!! He has to stay an extra day cuz Pat is going to have some tests done while she is at the hospital.

bittyup
08-06-2008, 06:53 AM
:tissue: What a beautiful site and such an inspriational story. She truly has a kindred spirit. Your house is filled with champions.:hearts:

OurLilRascals
08-06-2008, 12:18 PM
:sad1: I cried so bad. Thats such a touching story!

ebmw1975
08-06-2008, 10:44 PM
You are such a good friend.
In the first picture there is a book on doxies on the bottom of the bookcase and Owen looks ALOT like it, and he is right next to the book in his bed, just had to point it out, cause at first I thought it was a pic of Owen.

Chris
08-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Yep, Da Bug doesn't look too thrilled sharing the spotlight. Laika looks like she is saying "um...what is this?"