PDA

View Full Version : Buster blind 10 week old (photo)

Frzframe
02-06-2006, 08:37 PM
So it looks like I'm bringing him home on Saturday (that is if this dad doesn't back out and decide to keep him).

I think he is 9 weeks in this photo.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/frzframe88/Mizti/Buster.jpg

JanUet
02-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Oh What a heart breaker! I have just fallen in :love5: for the upteenth millionth time!

What is his story? Blind at birth?

He sure is a :cutiepie2

LUVMYGUNNER
02-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Ohh, he is adorable.

Frzframe
02-06-2006, 08:48 PM
J -
Not sure of his story all I know is the man took him to the vet and the vet declared him blind and that it wouldn't be safe for their 1 year old human child because she might come up on him and scare him and he might bite her. Hmm, I think this vet is confused with a death dog but any ways the man called the breeder to return him and she told him that she would PTS him and the man didn't want that to happen. They considered keeping him but don't think they could handle a blind dog. That's all I know so far.

Anatresia
02-06-2006, 08:52 PM
OMG! That is a cutie peanut!!! LOVE HIM!

Mama S.
02-06-2006, 09:11 PM
What a doll! You won't have him long! BLind or not -he'll go fast!! I am toally in love!
SAndi

Courtney
02-06-2006, 09:34 PM
He's adorable! Just teach him a few audio clues. He should be very adaptable. Dax would come when I made a kissy noise. I also taught him that I would give him a cookie after I tapped it on the floor...then he would follow the noise to get in the crate or go through the door or something. Before I picked him up, I'd rub my fingers together so he would hear that I was about to pick him up and not be surprised. He'll follow his nose and the other dogs to get around. Can't wait to hear how he does! He WILL go fast!

Nancy
02-06-2006, 09:35 PM
he's so friggin' cute!

lotsadox
02-06-2006, 09:41 PM
He's adorable! :hearts:

Linus
02-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Oh goodness!!! He is so adorable! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Courtney
02-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Hey Shonda, here's some more info for ya: http://www.blinddogs.com/support.htm

Frzframe
02-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks so much Courtney!!!

Patt
02-07-2006, 03:28 AM
He is a little :cutiepie2 I'm sure he will be a fast learner. :hearts:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-07-2006, 08:48 PM
:awww:

:cutiepie2

:kisses:

Frzframe
02-08-2006, 02:46 PM
So he'll be going to my friends who just happens to be my hairdresser until the 13 puppies are gone which should be about a week. She has been owned by dachshunds and just recently lost her 14 yr old pug mix and isn't up to getting another baby of her own. She also works part time for my vet and is awsome with doggies. I'm secretely wishing she'll fall head over heels in :hearts: with little guy and want him for her very own. Awww wishful thinking. :rotfl:

BethMH
02-08-2006, 04:16 PM
This little :angel7: is just too freakin' adorable! I melt just looking at his photo! What a precious wittle baby!:hearts: :hearts:

Keep us informed!!!!

Rae
02-08-2006, 04:48 PM
So he'll be going to my friends who just happens to be my hairdresser until the 13 puppies are gone which should be about a week. She has been owned by dachshunds and just recently lost her 14 yr old pug mix and isn't up to getting another baby of her own. She also works part time for my vet and is awsome with doggies. I'm secretely wishing she'll fall head over heels in :hearts: with little guy and want him for her very own. Awww wishful thinking. :rotfl:

that sounds totally do-able to me, Shonda... could you rub him down wtih Fritos before you drop him off just to seal the deal?

He is adorable, and I bet her maternal instincts will kick right in. Good save, as usual.

Ummm.... how's Ruby? :hearts:

Frzframe
02-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Rae,
Ruby is doing great. I'm still keeping her in her crate at night because I don't want Yankee to step on her (Yankee is just a big puppy and can be quite clumsy) so she's not happy about that. But, her back is great and she'll be done taking her meds this Sunday. :cheer2:

Thanks for asking about her. :)

Jen
02-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Wow, what a cutie Buster is. I would not be surprised if a wiggly puppy in need manages to break through youtr friend's grief.

Lisa
02-10-2007, 11:08 PM
I don't think Buster's foster will be able to part with him. He is just too awwwdorable.

How are they doing together?

Frzframe
02-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Buster was adopted almost a year ago and turned one in December. He was renamed Miles and is in New Jersey with another CCDR member. He is doing great and travels with his momma to help raise money for the rescue. Many do not realize he's blind until they are told. He loves people isn't shy at all. I get updates from his mom all the time and let's just say Miles is a true blue doxie who loves to cause trouble. :)

Tanya
02-11-2007, 12:58 AM
Awesome update...that put a huge :D on my face! We'd love to see recent pics! (hint, hint!)

JanUet
02-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Wonderful Update! Makes me really happy! :snoopy:

laura
02-11-2007, 11:16 AM
I must say, my first experience with a blind dog here recently has "opened my eyes" (pun intended) as to how well they can get along. really shocked me!

Chris
02-11-2007, 11:29 AM
I must say, my first experience with a blind dog here recently has "opened my eyes" (pun intended) as to how well they can get along. really shocked me!

As long as their sniffer still works, they do just fine :)