PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Dachshund Festival--Danville, IL

Opaleyz
08-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Anyone planning on going to this (http://www.drna.org/wwwDRN/MWDF.asp)? I just found out that it's only about an hour from us, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get work off that day. It's being sponsored by DRNA :)

Otto'sMom
08-07-2008, 04:01 PM
You're lucky to only be an hour from it! You MUST go to take photos and share them with us.

Azaren
08-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Oh, me me!! :cheer3: We really wanted to go to it last year, but it fell on the only weekend that the moving company had open :sosad: As long as nothing comes up, we should be there. It's about an hour and a half from here, so the trip isn't too bad for us either!

Rusty Hat Trick
08-11-2008, 09:59 AM
Is anybody going to the BDFest in Frankenmuth MI? I only live 10 miles from there.

Otto'sMom
08-11-2008, 12:29 PM
I know Amy is (check out the costume thread)

RosaC
08-11-2008, 01:22 PM
OH wow, that looks like tons of fun. I'd love to find a meetup in my area...

Anyway, I'd love to go, but that's like 8 hrs from us.

Lisa
08-11-2008, 01:26 PM
We were supposed to go to the BDF in Frankenmuth, but we had to change our plans. :sosad: I was looking forward to seeing Amy, Rob, the Weens and Salsa again this year. We had so much fun there last year, and I really need a new hug a dox too!

:welcome2: to the DLC Rusty Hat Trick

areese
08-11-2008, 01:55 PM
We were supposed to go to the BDF in Frankenmuth, but we had to change our plans. :sosad: I was looking forward to seeing Amy, Rob, the Weens and Salsa again this year. We had so much fun there last year, and I really need a new hug a dox too!

:welcome2: to the DLC Rusty Hat Trick

We are so sad too that you aren't coming :(
We are going of course. The Detroit Dachshund Meetup group is donating a basket of dog stuff for them to auction off...we haven't had any luck getting ahold of anyone so I will just show up with it and hopefully that will be ok. 80 members of the group say they are coming!!!???
So, I am setting up two tents. Anyone who wants to find me, just find the tents with the detroit dachshund flag on it.
Are you SURE you can't go, Lisa and Rafi????? It was so fun seeing you last year.

Michelle
08-18-2008, 03:43 PM
WOW I think I am going to go to this, very close to me as well, probably about an hour away. Thanks for posting this info. I also passed this along to two of my co-workers here that have doxies. One of my friends just got her doxie a week ago, and my other friend has 4 doxies and they foster for MWDR.

By the way,, How do you like living in Champaign/Urbana??? Are you getting all settled in????

Michelle
08-18-2008, 03:45 PM
We are so sad too that you aren't coming :(
We are going of course. The Detroit Dachshund Meetup group is donating a basket of dog stuff for them to auction off...we haven't had any luck getting ahold of anyone so I will just show up with it and hopefully that will be ok. 80 members of the group say they are coming!!!???
So, I am setting up two tents. Anyone who wants to find me, just find the tents with the detroit dachshund flag on it.
Are you SURE you can't go, Lisa and Rafi????? It was so fun seeing you last year.

OMG!! Amy are you really going?? You mean I finally get to meet you?? I am going too!!!! I just saw this and realized it is close to me and coming up very soon!!!,

I am so excited,, who else from this group is going besides Opaleyes????

Rusty Hat Trick
08-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Amy, were you the one with the dogs jumping over each other? That was really cute! Many, many wieners there. I stoped by the Detroit tent, but there were only a couple of people there.

Michelle
09-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Anyone else going to this?? It's coming up soon.. I can't wait to go, this will be the first time that I am going.

Azaren
09-06-2008, 08:24 PM
It's almost certain that my fiance and I will be going with Willow and Cocoa. It's only a week away! It should be a lot of fun. I know some of the people we worked with at MWDR will be there, including Cocoa's foster mom.

areese
09-08-2008, 06:28 AM
Amy, were you the one with the dogs jumping over each other? That was really cute! Many, many wieners there. I stoped by the Detroit tent, but there were only a couple of people there.

Yeah, that was us!!! And they played the piano some too :rotfl:
yeah, prob. only 6 people were really hanging out at the tent. We were gonna have name tags but the organizer forgot them. I'm always to antsy to sit around so I was always walking around looking at dogs and stuff :)
Sorry we missed you!

Barb
09-08-2008, 10:03 AM
It's almost certain that my fiance and I will be going with Willow and Cocoa. It's only a week away! It should be a lot of fun. I know some of the people we worked with at MWDR will be there, including Cocoa's foster mom.

PU-LEEZE take some pictures !!! I love the doggie get togethers !!!

Michelle
09-08-2008, 11:53 AM

That's great, we will have to look for you there, I hope they will have a stand set up so we can have name tags.

I will be taking lots of pics with my new camera and posting them here afterward!!!

Azaren
09-13-2008, 09:26 AM
This was today and we didn't go :pout:

The weather here is horrible - not as horrible as other places in the country, of course - but still, not something you really want to drive three hours in. And that's the other thing, we completely misjudged where Danville is, so it would've taken us much longer to get there than we originally thought. It was still doable, but we decided not to go.

I don't care - next year we're driving down Friday night and getting a room so the drive is not an issue! :hissy:

So, I'm :sosad: I was looking forward to this very much. I hope Michelle got to go and will take lots of pictures.

Michelle
09-14-2008, 09:57 AM
We did not go either!! The rain here is awful and I for the first time ever am getting water leaking into my basement from the crawlspace. Danville was probably all rained out as they were supposed to get bad rain and storms as well.

:sosad: :sosad: :sosad: :sosad: :sosad:

Opaleyz
09-14-2008, 10:03 AM
We weren't there either--I had to work yesterday :sosad: