PDA

View Full Version : I bit Taffy

Jacqueline
02-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Does that make it a headline? Woman bites dog? :shocked:

I was playing toss with her, and apparently I did not pick up the toy fast enough, so she hopped up on the couch and nipped me on the side. She does this when I do not give her immediate attention. I gave her a look and told her that I do NOT appreciate, asked her how she would like getting bit, and reached over and gently bit her on the ear.

Well......she is now sulking over on the other footrest. Apparently she doesn't like it any more than we do. Of course, she did take all my afghan with her....show me.

Maybe the next time she decides to bring me around, she will just bark. That getting bit was really getting old. I didn't hurt her....except maybe for her feelings, but she has some really sharp teeth, and doesn't know how hard she bites. Anyone else ever do this?

Fluffy
02-07-2006, 12:47 AM
Yup...sure do...Buddy has the most ANNOYING habit of taking my sleeve, and nibbling on it. Quite often, he gets skin in there too, so I'll do the same thing (veyr lightly so its just annoying) to him. I always make sure i get something fatty so I don't really hurt him, but it does get the point across. Now, if we could just SHOW them how annoying licking is w/ out getting a mouth fulla fur!!!!!!!

Jacqueline
02-07-2006, 02:01 AM
Taffy sulked with her back to me for about a half hour, turned around facing me and pouted for about another half hour, then got up, walked over and crawled into my arms. :angel7:

I doubt this will be the last time, but now I know how to correct her.

Lisa
02-07-2006, 07:05 AM
It is actually how we got both Pogo & Pixel to stop biting / nipping. Rafi had to do it though 1) I am not fast enough (it has to be instantaneous) 2) there is no way I could ever bite them, I would be afraid I would hurt them.

It is a very aggressive training method, and I don't know if I would use it again.

Nancy
02-07-2006, 08:30 AM
"Well......she is now sulking over on the other footrest. Apparently she doesn't like it any more than we do. Of course, she did take all my afghan with her....show me."

I'm sorry, but am I not supposed to laugh at this? :rotfl:

LUVMYGUNNER
02-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Gunner does that sometimes.

lotsadox
02-07-2006, 09:34 AM
I've never done that, but it sounds like it works! :banana:

Of course, she sulking! The princess is not supposed to be corrected! Hmmmph! :shocked:

Alex's Mom
02-07-2006, 09:49 AM
I did that to :angel7: Maxe when she was a puppy(she was 12 weeks when I got her). She nipped me for something (can't remember what...it was, after all, 21 years ago!), and I nipped her back on the scruff of her neck. She sulked just like that for a while...I think she was processing this new info..."Hmmm, mom bites back. Need to find another way. I know!! Let's pee instead! " :rotfl: she never bit anyone human again! Alex on the other hand came with aggression issues so I had to be very careful to not use overly rough corrections with her...just lots of lovin', patience, and no teeth! LOL She has never offered to bite me though, although she has bitten (nipped) other people on occasion, much to my mortification.:rotfl:

JanUet
02-07-2006, 09:56 AM
Good for YOU!

I had an Aussie Shepard that would bite something fierce! I read in a book that if you bit your dog back they would stop! On the tip of the ear or the bridge of the nose. Just bite hard enough to make them yelp.
I used the ear. She learned quickly! Even thru ruff play with her, If i leaned over and had my mouth open and touched her ear...she would yelp! I hadn't even touched her yet!

I have not had to try this technique with Casey or Sophie yet, but I would bite them back in a heart beat!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-07-2006, 06:03 PM
Yup I did it! My pups were bouncing up into my face & 1 nipped my nose. It hurt! I said Owww! And the same pup later, did it again & this time a tooth caught inside my nostril & scratched me! I "yelped" again, grapped the pup, said NO! & nipped the end of his nose! NEVER nipped me again!

Anatresia
02-07-2006, 06:19 PM
Yup...sure do...Buddy has the most ANNOYING habit of taking my sleeve, and nibbling on it.

Butters does this when I'm ignoring him- he bites my sleeve and tries to drag me to wherever he wants me to go. Before Rigby, if I dared to use the telephone and not focus 100% of my attention on him, he would attack my sleeve and growl progressively louder until I got off of the phone to correct him.

Now, he's not as bad about it, but I've used the bite-his-legs technique. I used to bite his ears just for fun (just light, play biting) and I'd say, "I'm gonna bite your ear!" and he'd get all angry and walk away, so I do that when he's biting me. :) (Crazy dog people.)

jenfer
02-07-2006, 08:50 PM
In a way it make sense. In a pack, that's how they learn, right? if you nip someone, you get nipped too.

isobelsmom
02-12-2006, 10:49 AM
ITA with this method. You bite me...you get bit back. You sulk. I ignore you. If you do it again...out comes the Alum and I watch you turn inside out. So there...put that in your pipe and smoke it, wieners! I'll even furnish the pipe! :boogie: