PDA

View Full Version : Earthdog Sunday, 8/10

Jill
08-10-2008, 06:25 PM
2 for 2 baby!:cheer3:

Reese stole the show again, and got another qualifying performance in Senior!

Today was a little more interesting then yesterday though...Reese flew into the tunnel, and then all of a sudden, there he is. He came back out, looked around and went back in and apparently flew to the rats. Barked his cute little head off for his 90 seconds and then they told me to recall him. Well, just like yesterday, I blew my whistle, called for him and rapped on the entrance to the tunnel, and I could hear him. He was making his way out. Then I could see his eyes. Then he came out. Just as I am about to grab him, he shot back into the tunnel. At this point I am frantic, because you only have 90 seconds from the start of recall to actually get the dog back. Calling and calling and calling, and there he was, he came out the false exit. I called him over to me, and he trotted over and again, just as I am about to grab him he tried to turn around...but I dove and got him! As soon as I got him, the judge and the rat steward (again the trainer we worked with) started cheering and laughing.

Bailey had more of the same action as he did yesterday and walked away from the weekend with no ribbons. But, I know what we need to work on, and we'll practice some more.

Bailey did decide to venture into the pond to go swimming, not once, but twice! I think he was trying to catch frogs.

I might have a few pics if I get them emailed to me.

Otto'sMom
08-10-2008, 06:34 PM
:awww: Bailey would rather let his brudder have the spotlight. I think it's adorable he went froggin:hearts: He's totally humoring you:rotfl:

Reese is so proud of himself, having a really good time and I'm glad there were no attacks this time:appl:

Jill
08-10-2008, 06:41 PM
he's totally humoring you:rotfl:

Andrea, seriously, do you get a sense that he doesn't like earthdog? He seems to be having a good time, but I don't know. He gets into the tunnel and to the rats with no issues, but he keeps backing up/out of the tunnel or, he's not barking close enough to the rats. he's lunging back and forth, so he's working too far away.

Reese is so proud of himself, having a really good time and I'm glad there were no attacks this time

Reese is LOVING it. I can tell he really enjoys it. He does seem proud of himself too. Today when he got to pick his toy, he kept carrying it around and wouldn't drop it.

We did see the dog that attacked him, but we stayed clear. But I did observe the dog being aggressive towards other dogs as well. one woman asked her to remove her dog from the circle we were talking in, because the dog was snarky and making her dog nervous. Bailey and Reese were snoozing in their pup tent.

Otto'sMom
08-10-2008, 06:47 PM
He doesn't NOT like it, he's just not into competing. He's doing it for the FUN of it, and to make you happy, just a bonus it amuses him too, and he got to go swimmin.

Barb
08-10-2008, 06:52 PM
That is so fun !!!! Bailey has frogs on his mind...not rats this week end !!! Would have loved to have seen a video of Reese.... and mommy making the wild dive to keep him under his time - Good job mommy !!!

Congrats !

areese
08-10-2008, 07:18 PM
WOW!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go, Reese!!!!
Frogs are fun, too :)