PDA

View Full Version : What the !??!

Nancy
02-07-2006, 07:53 PM
So, I decided to take Molly out for a little strole this afternoon when I got home from work. I came upon a cute little park that had a fenced in area, so I decided to play/run with Molly in the little fenced in area. Anyway, two girls came over and were chatting with and patting Molly. While I was chatiting with them, I looked away for 2 seconds and Molly has something in her mouth. I gave her the drop it command, which didnt work, so I wrench her mouth open, reach in and grabbed a handfull of POOP!!
ARGHGHGHGHGHGHG! It was under my nails, on my hand. I'm totally grossed out. As we are leaving, she decides that hey, that was tasty, I want more and glup, another chunk down the ole' hatch.

At this stage, I just want to get home, throw up and bleach myself and possibly bleach Molly's mouth too! :rotfl:

This has NEVER happened to me! I've owned dogs in the past and they were not poop eaters! YUCK!!

Should I bring her to the vet? I'm totally at a loss here! She came home and ate her dinner and drank some water and she's running around like normal.

Anatresia
02-07-2006, 07:58 PM
EWWWWWWW!!!!!!! I know how you feel- I had poopies in my BED the other night!!! There are so many good things about having a dog, but the poop issues are one of the downsides, huh? ;)

I hope this was just a one time thing, and not a new habit!!!

Otto'sMom
02-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Welcome to the world of poop eaters anonymous. Grrrrt and even the Great Otto who can do no wrong in my eyes will snack on poop logs when given the opportunity. They act like we're starving them and gobble it up. I just give them a breath mint (yip yaps) and hope for the best. Grrrt will 'clean up' after herself, and Otto cleans up after Grrrt too.:mad:

JanUet
02-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Gosh! I was just eating a caramilk bar when i read your post! Just bit into the center as I got to the good part of your story. :yuck:

I'm so sure you let her kiss you after that buffet too! :rotfl:

No harm done, No need to take her to the vet either. Some dogs do that daily! Just be Thankful that Molly only did it once.............So far!

Goob
02-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Arg, my two would rather eat poop than a full on Thanksgiving dinner. :scratch: Under the fingernails... go immediatly to get a manicure!!!!!!:shocked:

BethMH
02-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Rueben's a pooper scooper too! Makes me sick! He ate cat poop the other morning. We were going on our usual "bye-bye" to take the kids to school. A cat had been wandering the driveway. He ran out, smelled the cat, started sniffing around, and found some poop. YUM he said and started chomping! That ended the "bye-bye" trip for him.

My vet said some dogs just do that. For some it is an instinctual thing - back in their wild days, they would eat the puppy poop to keep predators from smelling the babies.

Whatever the reason - it's just downright disgusting and gross!

Patt
02-08-2006, 01:34 AM
No need for a vet visit. Yes, it is disgusting to us :vomit: but such a treat for them.

MomToDolly&Madison
02-08-2006, 02:22 AM
And I'm ashamed and humiliated to say that I, too, have a poop eatin' dawg. Dolly is convinced that Madison is a pez er poop dispenser. I've seen her literally stand behind the Madderoo waiting for the (ugh) tasty turd to drop. Dolly was going to P.E.A. meetings but has since fallen off the wagon and now declares herself a member in good standing of P.E.U. Poop Eaters Unite. NO KISSES FROM DOLLY! :P

Nancy
02-08-2006, 08:43 AM
Trust me, Molly has NOT given me any kisses in the last 24 hours! :rotfl: I kiss her little head and belly and that's it!

areese
02-08-2006, 09:13 AM
I have to admit my dogs are occassional poop eaters too. Not dog poop but most other kinds. And we have a veritable poop smorgasbord going on at our house (we live in the country) Rabbit (a particular favorite), raccoon, possum, goose, fox, muskrat...you name the poo, we have it. I always felt so lucky that Laika didn't bother with the pig's poop (we have a pet pig, Scouty) but with Owen we weren't so lucky. One day he's scratching at the door to get in so I let him in and notice he has something quite large in his mouth. Yes, it's a big pig turd he just thought he'd bring in with him to snack on. Prob. wanted to eat it on the couch, too, I'm sure... Or better yet, my bed.:eek:

Amy, Laika, and Owen

Jill
02-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Been there, dealt with that. :rotfl:

Bailey is a poop eater. He's been doing very good about NOT eating it lately, but there was a time where he would try to eat every single poop that came out of his butt. :shocked:

Was it her poop?

K2
02-08-2006, 09:19 AM
After reading this post~I am so glad that Pippit is not a poop eater!!! EWWWW!

Jill
02-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Forgot to add, that Reese likes the occasional "kitty krunchy." :vomit:

One night, we were outside with them for potty across the street, where there is a bit of a sidewalk with grass. We were trying not to kill our grass...anyway, it's dark and I can't see very good. I notice that Reese is chewing on something. I go to get it out of his mouth and it's FRESH kitty krunchies, which were not so krunchy yet. :vomit: x 1 billion I ended up the same as you, under my nails etc.

lotsadox
02-08-2006, 09:26 AM
Unfortunately, I have to admit the mine like doggie tootsie rolls, too. Bogart and Scooter are the worst, but the others have been know to snack on them. Totally disgusting, but there it is.

Alex's Mom
02-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Alex is also guilty (although Maxe never did...too much of a princess for anything so disgusting!) Does make you wonder however, why dog food manufacturers spend so much money researching what tastes dogs like...never seen a poop flavoured variety yet!!:rotfl:

Nancy
02-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Does make you wonder however, why dog food manufacturers spend so much money researching what tastes dogs like...never seen a poop flavoured variety yet!!:rotfl:

:lol: so true, so true!

Rae
02-08-2006, 12:47 PM
ugh. Many dogs do this and I tell Duchie that "if your friends were jumping off a bridge would you jump too!?!?!"

She does on occasion, especially when she poops in the house. (cover your tracks, eh princess?) There are remedies at PetSmart that you sprinkle on their food that makes it not as.. errr. desireable? ugh.

and I have also heard that sprinkling meat tenderizer on their food is a good deterrent.

I think Coprophagic is the technical name, but at our house we just call it icky.

quavec
02-08-2006, 01:02 PM
:rotfl: I have to tell you, I laughed at all of your posts! :rotfl:

Frzframe
02-08-2006, 03:31 PM
I too have a poo eater. Mitzi out grew it thankfully but Dudley is still snaking away. Then Frankie started and he would stand right behind Mitzi waiting looking with his face close to her butt waiting. And now Ruby has started doing it too although Frankie has backed off on the fine dining.

HotDogMama
02-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Thankfully, Molly hasn't dined at the Doodie Corral yet, but I did catch her rolling one around one day like she was thinking about it~! But I got it before she did :shocked: but she does like to pop "Rabbit treats" at my mom's house when she has free run of the yard. YUCK YUCK YUCK!!

Nancy
02-08-2006, 06:04 PM
Was it her poop?[/QUOTE]

Nope, not hers. She never tries to eat her own, and last night was the first time. Must of been a "special blend"! :rotfl:

areese
02-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Was it her poop?

Nope, not hers. She never tries to eat her own, and last night was the first time. Must of been a "special blend"! :rotfl:[/QUOTE]

Not to be gross (cuz who'd wanna be gross in this thread LOL!!) but sometimes if the other dog has eaten a greenie or rawhide, the poop is just too tempting to resist cuz a lot of it goes right through....

Amy, Laika, and Owen