PDA

View Full Version : Well...we are off!!

areese
08-23-2008, 08:35 AM
to the 3rd Annual Bavarian Dachshundfest!!!!!!
Got the:
costumes
piano
treats
water
tents
chairs
fans
mats
poo bags for all
aluminet sun shades
did I say treats?
dog beds
gift basket to donate to the raffle
camera (Like I'll take any pics :( )
x-pens
TREATS
It's going to be undoGly hot which really sucks.
But we shall be home this afternoon, victorious. Maybe. LOL
Hope DRNA makes a LOT of money. 88 people from our meet-up are supposed to be coming!!!!!!!!
Wish us luck!

Jill
08-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Good Luck

K2
08-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Stay :cool:, have tons of fun :cheer3: and take lots of pics!! :photo3:

Barb
08-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Will be waiting patiently (NOT) to see your blue ribbon for the best dang costumes EVER !!!!!!

I have to ask..... piano?????

Have a weinerful time !!!

Azaren
08-23-2008, 09:59 AM
:goodluck: and I hope you and your three have a great time! I can't wait to hear all about it.

oceangirls
08-23-2008, 09:59 AM
have a great time! I'd give you trouble about knowing you're not going to get any pics taken, but I do the same thing :rolleyes: :o

lotsadox
08-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Piano? You're taking a piano? :scratch:

:goodluck: I can hardly wait to hear about it. And don't forget the TREATS. :D

Otto'sMom
08-23-2008, 10:58 AM
The piano is for the dog trick competition. :cheer3:

Barb
08-23-2008, 10:59 AM
The piano is for the dog trick competition. :cheer3:

LOL - I asked the same question...... so which one plays ?!?!?!?!?! :rotfl:

areese
08-23-2008, 06:27 PM
They all play the piano :)
They did win the cutest trick contest but I think the judges liked the jumping over each other trick the best although they did play the piano really well :)
LAME prizes though. Dollar store stuff....
We won best costume (pair/group) also. We didn't race, cuz it was so friggin hot and Laika wasn't feeling great this morning (tummy problem).
Owey and Rob entered the bobbing for weenies contest but Owen thought he had to drink all the water to get to the hot dog...
SOOOO many dachshunds. Unbelievable. SOOOO many minis. Laika started looking gigantic to me. LOTS of really small minis...I'm talking 6-7 pounds...it's strange seeing such a small dachshund.
But one of those teeny meenies shared the x-pen with my dogs and OWEN found her to be quite attractive...got his hummpy boy ears on and they played and played....SOOO cute :)

Barb
08-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Oh Amy, Owee, Laika and Salsa - Congratulations !!!! OMG - I am praying that Rob filmed the tricks - jumping and piano !!!! I HAVE to see both !!!! Too funny about Owen and the bobbing for hot dogs - mine wouldn't have a clue !!!

Is there a website where pictures will be posted? Were you or Rob able to get any? I know how hectic it gets.... but I am sure - but I hope, I hope !!!!!

Patt
08-23-2008, 11:51 PM
:congrats: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Rusty Hat Trick
08-24-2008, 02:54 AM
Loved the jumping over trick. Much better than those 2 POODLES who tried it. The prizes were cheapo. Rusty did not even leave the start line in the race. Too much stuff going on. I will post pix tomorrow.

Rileybugg
08-24-2008, 03:52 AM
:woohoo: :thumbsup: :party5: :congrat2: (I figured you could use a nice drink after a hot day!) Hope somebody got pictures!

Jacqueline
08-24-2008, 04:59 AM
How did Salsa react about Owen turning his eye, among other things, to another girl? You certainly deserved to win best costurmes. I hope at least the ribbons were nice. Sorry about the cheapies prizes. But you have all of our great admiration.

Yolanda
08-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Glad you had a good time and the kids did so well. Sorry about theprizes however.

It made me think about the upcoming MADP event since I am doing the prizes for them. I am posting a question after types of prises and hope you vote.

areese
08-24-2008, 08:50 AM
Glad you had a good time and the kids did so well. Sorry about theprizes however.

It made me think about the upcoming MADP event since I am doing the prizes for them. I am posting a question after types of prises and hope you vote.

I for sure will vote. It doesn't matter that much...but the prizes last year were a lot better ...a few dollar store toys in a paper gift bag just really isn't too nice... The Wiener race winner got a free hug-a-dox I think...THAT was nice! I know they couldn't do that for everyone but I think it could have been a bit better..

areese
08-24-2008, 08:55 AM
How did Salsa react about Owen turning his eye, among other things, to another girl? You certainly deserved to win best costurmes. I hope at least the ribbons were nice. Sorry about the cheapies prizes. But you have all of our great admiration.

She was laying there looking at them out of the corner of her eye-I should say out of the corner of the most evil STINK EYE you ever saw! It was hilarious. She most certainly did not join in fun but was obviously in a big snit about the whole thing.
But who could blame Owen??? Molly not only was tiny and adorable, she was a shiny black and tan just like him!
Gosh..she really was so very cute. So little...but very well proportioned and dachshund-y except for having somewhat pricked ears. She had a very smiley face...
Why o why didn't I take a picture???????

areese
08-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Loved the jumping over trick. Much better than those 2 POODLES who tried it. The prizes were cheapo. Rusty did not even leave the start line in the race. Too much stuff going on. I will post pix tomorrow.

I wish we could have officially met!!!!!!!!!!! It was a bit chaotic though!

Alex's Mom
08-24-2008, 11:04 AM
:congrats: to all the Reeses!!! sounds like a wonderful (if snitty...Bug!! :rotfl: ) day...wish I could have seen it!!!!!! :appl::appl::appl:

Frankie'sMom
08-24-2008, 09:48 PM
:congrats: When we saw how hot it was going to be we decided to head north instead and followed Lake Huron up to Mackinaw. I wanted to go to Frankenmuth so bad but I don't do 90 degree heat well.