PDA

View Full Version : Little Mousie

Chris
08-25-2008, 05:08 PM
I am really a sap, I know.

We were not supposed to "get" Fay, and it was supposed to hit Orlando and then go off into the Atlantic. It changed its mind and turned towards us. Luckily, we didn't have much damage. We are pretty elevated but i am working on the cleanup of it.

Sadly, one little mousie did not make it. He climbed into the a/c for shelter and either drowned or got cut in there or both. I gave him a proper burial.

I know, I know wild animals eat other wild animals and they die and that's just the cycle of life for them, but i still thought it was sad that he didn't make it :( I wish I could have helped the little guy.

JanUet
08-25-2008, 05:41 PM
From one sap to another :hug99: :bighug: :hug99:

Da Brat
08-25-2008, 07:06 PM
Don't worry, I'm a sap too!! My DH thinks I'm nuts sometimes but he just sighs and pulls the car over so i can get the turtle/frog/insert critter here out of harms way! :rolleyes:

Mama S.
08-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Don't worry, I'm a sap too!! My DH thinks I'm nuts sometimes but he just sighs and pulls the car over so i can get the turtle/frog/insert critter here out of harms way! :rolleyes:
OR so she can take pics of the snake with her cell phone and watch it strike at her???!!!:holyshp:

Amanda
08-25-2008, 07:17 PM
Im a sap too, I would have done the same thing.

Barb
08-25-2008, 08:42 PM
So sorry...... they are all God's creatures and are here for a reason....they ALL matter. Thank you for sending him to the Bridge with love....

K2
08-25-2008, 08:53 PM
Sap here, too. Just the other day I pulled over (on a pretty busy street) to help a little sparrow that was stunned and lying in the road. Then, I waited to leave until she flew away~had to make sure she was okay.

:thankyou: for caring. :hug99:

Rileybugg
08-26-2008, 02:43 AM
How sweet of you to give it a nice sendoff. I don't see how being kind to animals makes you a sap. If so, we need a lot more of them....

bsquared
08-31-2008, 09:34 PM
Thank you for the nice sendoff for the little mouse. :hug99: I too am a sap. :) During the spring, David accidentally ran over a little mouse with the grill and I cried and buried the little cutie across the street at the tree farm. I wish there were more people like you in the world. :hug99:

oceangirls
08-31-2008, 09:54 PM
We had a little mouse in our house last month. DH and I chased it around all evening until we finally caught it and took it a couple of miles down the road to release by a creek :)

Thank you for caring about a mouse :hearts: