PDA

View Full Version : Dusty, One Year Ago

Otto'sMom
08-31-2008, 07:07 PM
It was one year ago this weekend that I lost Dusty, the dachshund mix I'd rescued from Stennis Space Center. He gave me a wonderful gift of love, fighting heartworms for a little over a month and he just couldn't fight any more.

You were a sweet little dog Dusty, and I'm sorry your crappy people couldn't be bothered to give you heartworm preventative. I tried so hard to save you but my best just wasn't good enough. You didn't deserve to suffer even for a minute, and you had that wag for me. I knew it was time when you lost that wag and your heart couldn't take it anymore.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/Mississippi2171.jpg

Lisa
08-31-2008, 07:33 PM
I am so sorry Andrea, I know time does not heal all wounds. Out of all the people he could have spent his last month on this earth with, it is great that he got to know true love and compassion with you and the Anipals.

Otto'sMom
08-31-2008, 07:36 PM
His ashes are on my mantle, right underneath the crittercam. He enables you all to see the lounging that goes on, and all the peeing.

I just wanted to give him so much more, and couldn't.

oceangirls
08-31-2008, 07:37 PM
:hearts: such a gorgeous boy :hearts:

I know he is keeping an eye on his mom :)

Barb
08-31-2008, 07:42 PM
Don't ever doubt that you gave him the world his last month here......you gave him a piece of your heart and for his last month he was loved by the best. I am sorry for your loss and know that handsome man is watching over you....

Alex's Mom
08-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Sweetie, never doubt that your best is the best there is. He fought hard to stay with you, but sometimes love just isn't enough (unless, apparently, your name is Alex the Wonderdoggie!). You gave him peace and your magnificent heart in exchange for his poor, battered one. And that IS the best anyone can do. You know he's waiting for you :angel7: and watches over you and the Anipals until then. :hug99::hug99:

Linus
08-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Such a handsome boy. :hearts: :hearts: I am sure he knows you did the best you could, and appreciates that his last month wasn't spent alone and outside in the heat.

LUVMYGUNNER
08-31-2008, 08:06 PM
You were so good to him, for the month you had him.

areese
08-31-2008, 09:09 PM
While I am not at all a person who believes everything happens for a reason, I do believe each animal that touches our lives is a part of a journey and teaches us something...some lessons hurt a lot more than others.
You can't doubt that you tried your best and that no one on earth could have done more but he touched your life for a reason. And you gave him a peaceful end instead of him leaving alone and unloved. Maybe that's reason enough...

bsquared
08-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Andrea, during Dusty's time with you, he experienced love and affection and I believe you gave him so much more than you give yourself credit for. :hearts: There is no doubt that he is watching over you. :hearts:

michelehbc
08-31-2008, 11:56 PM
RIP Dusty man, I can't believe it has already been a year.

My friend, you showed him how good life can be. I know he was grateful.

:hug99:

Jacqueline
09-01-2008, 08:03 AM
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: Dusty. Still in our hearts. Always.

ebmw1975
09-01-2008, 09:11 AM
:angel: Dusty, you will always be in our hearts :hearts: .
You did all you could for him and showed him unconditional love, which I am sure he didn't know till you. He also got to be an Anipal, which by itself is a wonderful thing. He was only here for a short while, but will be in our hearts forever, and you know he is watching over you and the Anipals till you all get to meet up again one day.:hug99:

Yolanda
09-01-2008, 09:21 AM
Andrea, has it really been a year. Time went by so fast.

K2
09-01-2008, 09:27 AM
Andrea, you did all you could for Dusty~and he did all he could for you. In the short time that you had together, you gave him everything that he could ever want, everything he should have been given before he got to you. You gave him the best month of his life.
Rest in peace, sweet Dusty.
And Andrea, :hug99:

TheDoxieHaus
09-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Very handsome boy!:hearts: I'm sure his month with the anipals was the best of his life!

Jacqueline
09-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Dusty knew someone cared from the first pan of lasana and tin of sardines appeared out there in the swamy weeds. It just took him a while to figure out that he needed to be with her full time. Because of Andrea, Dusty is up at the bridge telling newcomers what they missed by not being Anipals.

And sending chocolates her direction :hearts: :hearts:

Rileybugg
09-02-2008, 03:40 AM
You gave each other love. That is as good as it gets.

Thank you for sharing him with us. :hearts:

Rae
09-02-2008, 09:07 AM
SUCKS.
He deserved more than a month of Anipal-ness, but he was a lucky boy to get that much. You did all you could and then some, sister. He was loved. A lot.

Amanda
09-02-2008, 11:44 AM
I'm sorry to hear about Dusty. You gave him the best last month, remember all the good times with him. He knew you loved him and he loved you.

Jen
09-02-2008, 12:27 PM
A month was not enough, but it was a wonderful time for him, learning to trust and love again. I know he was grateful for all you gave him.

Otto'sMom
09-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Dusty knew someone cared from the first pan of lasana and tin of sardines appeared out there in the swamy weeds. It just took him a while to figure out that he needed to be with her full time. Because of Andrea, Dusty is up at the bridge telling newcomers what they missed by not being Anipals.

And sending chocolates her direction :hearts: :hearts:

That was the BEST gift of all...all these chocolates :D

Jacqueline
09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
That was the BEST gift of all...all these chocolates :D

You know, we have enough between all of us, we should have an official DLC chocolate calendar. And at the rate we are going, it could be a chocolate a day one :rotfl: :rotfl:

AgileOllie
09-02-2008, 07:27 PM
I know you might not like it, but I'm gonna :hug99: you anyway. He was a beautiful pupper.