PDA

View Full Version : More agility feats (this got very long...as usual)

areese
09-08-2008, 07:01 AM
We got back last night from three days of agility...yeah I know..I don't "do" three days but Salsa is so close to her CPE Championship...I wanted to get the runs she needs so had to go three days. We took the little mushroom trailer and camped out at the place. It's an apple orchard! But they do agility training there and have an outdoor ring. Really nice people and we love going there. And "we" means the weens and Salsa and myself. Rob went to Chicago to Astrofest.
We had such an awesome day Friday. Salsa ran in just one run (due to money concerns, I can only enter her in what she needs for her C-ATCH) but qualifed with a first place. Owen (still being on some unexplainable agility strike) just ran one run (jumpers) but it was SOOOO wonderful. SO fast and smooth and perfect and he was very very happy with his silly tail wagging wildly. I was sososos happy :) First place also. In fact, all my dogs and the min pin I was running for my friend, qualifed in everything they ran and they all got all blue ribbons! It was so very cool. All those blues hanging on the pen...I was proud.
Alas, Saturday, Toots (minpin) was a jerk and not paying attention to me much at all. Kinda pissed me right off. He's a strange dog. No personality. Or not much. He's very hard to "read". He mostly thinks about eating and smelling things and peeing on them. I don't know what the problem was. Just 2 runs but they both sucked.
Salsa had a lovely standard run :) Jackpot was too difficult for her. That's a course that is not numbered except for a series of obstacles that are on one side of a line. The dog runs the other obstacles for 40 seconds gathering points, then when the whistle blows must go perform the sequence away from the handler cuz the handler must stay on the other side of the line. Salsa was so very cute. She ran out toward the first jump. Nope. Dat is too berry far for me. I tried again. Go jump salsalita!!! She ran a little bit, then stopped and got all huffy. No I sed dat was too berry far. SOO cute. Laika was one of the only dogs that did it (it WAS a very hard gamble-that's what that last part is called). She did it quite nonchalantly too. Cracked me right up. NOt running fast enough to mess up her hair...just loping along, no problem,...who needs mom to do agility anyway??? :rotfl: Gosh she is a funny animal.
Sunday it was raining which filled me with despair cuz I needed Salsa to get 2 more Standards and a Snooker and she doesn't like the rain or wet grass. None of them do. And for some unknown reason I entered them all in the first Standard. So ran them all back to back in the rain and they all did wonderfully!!! Owen did beat Salsa so she had to take a red. I was proud of Owen again..it was a beautiful run. Salsa had to run one more and was great again! Ran on 3 legs half the time cuz who can have all 4 paws in yucky wetness?? I had told the judge ahead of time she would do that...lame dogs aren't allowed to run of course but they know some little dogs do that sometimes. I was so berry proud of her.
Ran Laika, Salsa, and Toots in Snooker. Toots was only in level 2 thugh and we managed to qualify although he ran out of the ring to visit his mom. Thank doG he is SOOO fast, we still ended up with time to spare after the visit. Salsa was perfect. Another 1st. And only 4 runs to go for her C-ATCH!!!!!!!
Laika was pure evil during snooker. Barking and barking. Everytime I got her running again she would let out one more evil bark. We qualified by the skin of our teeth. She gave me the evil eye through the whole course. People were laughing and laughing at my bad dog. On the way to the table to stop the clock, she decided to run over and do the weaves for no apparent reason except to show off. Weaved faster than lightening, than ran to the table where I was waiting. Enjoyed the laughter and clapping. She is so dam funny.
It was a great weekend...still have to unpack the truck and trailer. I have to say camping was fun, Pat and another friend, Nancy were camping too so we hung out in the evenings and talked and got KFC one night :) I locked myself out of the trailer somehow and we bungied and duct-taped 3 poop rakes together, took a screen out of the window, and Nancy somehow snagged my keys off the counter. It was an amazing moment. 3 women and duct tape can figure out anything I think...

Lisa
09-08-2008, 07:45 AM
After oodles of :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: and :congrats: :congrats: I think the obvious question is WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?!?!

You made me :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: I can picture 3 women and duct tape going for the keys - hilarious.

areese
09-08-2008, 08:18 AM
O gosh Lisa, there are never any pictures...
I could take ribbon pics :) But aren't you guys tired of those???
There was a photographer there...I think in a few days she'll have pictures up. I didn't even look to see if there were any of my dogs although Toot's mom was showing me some of him..he's such a big jumper some of his pics are amazing... I'll post the links when they show up.
I should have a picture of the amazing tool eventually...Nancy took one with her phone and she's gonna send it to Pat who will send it to me but who knows when that will happen.

Barb
09-08-2008, 10:00 AM
:love9: 3 Women and Duct Tape....... makings of a good movie ?!?!?!?!

:weee: Happy Dance.... :way2go: GREAT JOB ! And BIG :congrat2:

to the trio !!!! Someday I would just LOVE to see all of them run !

(And of course a HUGE thumbs up to you mommy.... they couldn't do it without ya' !)

Otto'sMom
09-08-2008, 10:47 AM
:love9: 3 Women and Duct Tape....... makings of a good movie ?!?!?!?!

Yeah, cause we all know how well 2 girls 1 cup turned out....:vomit:

Seriously, glad all went well and a good time was had by all.

Patt
09-08-2008, 11:45 PM
:congrats: to all and the "locked out of trailer" was quite an adventure too. :lol: