PDA

View Full Version : Cleburne Dachshund Days

TheDoxieHaus
10-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Any of the Texas gang going to this?

http://www.campfireusatesuyacouncil.org/Dachshund_Days.php

If I am not mistaken that is Courtney and Po that won 2nd place last year?

Sophie and Lili's Mom
10-05-2008, 10:57 PM
I will be judging Earthdog that weekend...so not I

Courtney
10-05-2008, 11:11 PM
We did! Wish I could go again and wish CTDR could have a booth there again, but I will be at earthdog too!

Barb
10-05-2008, 11:20 PM
I had not seen this before..... I had planned to go watch Earthdog that day too..... Sandi - maybe you and Randy should go to McKinney and check out Earthdog !!! I will probably go on the Sunday, which is the 19th.... I will most likely have to work the 18th - but you could have a doxie filled week end !
Zandra - do you have the link handy? If not, I will search and post.

bittyup
10-05-2008, 11:33 PM
TEXAS SURE DOES HAVE ALOT OF FUN DACHSUND STUFF. WISH I COULD GO.:cheer3:

TheDoxieHaus
10-06-2008, 02:59 PM
I had not seen this before..... I had planned to go watch Earthdog that day too..... Sandi - maybe you and Randy should go to McKinney and check out Earthdog !!! I will probably go on the Sunday, which is the 19th.... I will most likely have to work the 18th - but you could have a doxie filled week end !
Zandra - do you have the link handy? If not, I will search and post.

I would love to see how the earthdog stuff works. Are we allowed to bring dogs that are not competing? I think Ries would do good at it, but I have to get his ILP before he can enter.

Flower Mound is also having a dog day festival that day, we went to it last year, it was fun but really small.

Courtney
10-06-2008, 09:17 PM
I do not think non-entered dogs are allowed at AKC events, but Zandra will know for sure.

If you guys come, I'll have my ez-up tent, so bring some chairs and we can make a day of it!

Sophie and Lili's Mom
10-06-2008, 09:39 PM
I do not think non-entered dogs are allowed at AKC events, but Zandra will know for sure.

If you guys come, I'll have my ez-up tent, so bring some chairs and we can make a day of it!

Well, it is not recommended to bring non-entered dogs. Honestly, you really will enjoy it more if you come sans dogs. There will be terriers at ED tests as well as Doxies and they can be a bit aggressive at times. Plus if you have a dog with you, you cannot let them near any tunnels so you might miss out on some better observations (depending on the judge).

TheDoxieHaus
10-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the info Zandra and Courtney. Not sure if we will make it, but will find you guys if we do!

Barb
10-17-2008, 03:49 PM
What time does Earthdog start on Sunday? I looked at the DFW website, but didn't see anytimes?

Courtney
10-17-2008, 03:55 PM
If you look at the premium list, there are times. think everything gets going around 8:45 am.

Barb
10-17-2008, 04:15 PM
If you look at the premium list, there are times. think everything gets going around 8:45 am.

LOL - you would be correct.... that is about the only link I didn't click on... I figured it was the list of participants !!! Thx!!! Who will you have there? Sandi and Randy I believe are going to go check it out too.

Courtney
10-17-2008, 04:24 PM
I am bringing Thor and Fred, and MIGHT bring Angus along as well because he is so bored sitting at home all day. Hoping it would be OK if he's in an x-pen. (Zandra?) But Thor and Fred are competing. I will have a green EZ-UP tent and the X-pen. Be sure to bring some chairs!