PDA

View Full Version : Alex

Alex's Mom
10-11-2008, 05:11 PM
My little girl is gone. Laura helped her to the bridge about 1/2 an hour ago. She's had a really up and down week, and although she was quite perky this morning, she deteriorated through the day. It was time. She fought so long and hard to stay with me, but she was in pain, and it was time for her to rest. Godspeed my little lumpybumpy wonderdoggie. She has taken my heart. The house is so very very very empty.

JuneyTrixie
10-11-2008, 05:18 PM
I am terribly sorry to hear about Alex. I know that she was well-loved. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Barb
10-11-2008, 05:19 PM
Oh Paula, my heart is breaking for you..... I just can't stand it. You gave her the world and loved her to the end and beyond. She will watch over you from the Bridge. My tears mingle with yours and my heart aches for your loss. You gave Alex the ultimate, you let her go. I am so so sorry...... Sending you strong hugs and the wish for strength to help you through.
Godspeed sweet Alex, I just lit a candle for you.

Love you Paula,
Barb

Otto'sMom
10-11-2008, 05:23 PM
The house is so very very very empty.

I know. This sucks. Even knowing it's coming, it sucks. She can say hi to Michele, Dusty, and of course Grrrt and the rest of the recent losses we've suffered. Your heart will heal, and you will cry when you don't expect it. She knows she was well loved, and she fufilled her purpose in this life.

Your sorrow is mine as well.

Andrea

michelehbc
10-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh, Paula. I don't know how to express how sorry I am. :hug99: :hug99:

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your heart

Lisa
10-11-2008, 05:26 PM
Dear Paula,

Sending you my condolences. I KNOW how much your wonderdoggie meant, to you and to the entire DLC. She really was a one of kind girl.

You are in my thoughts. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

RIP beautiful Alex girl, you will truly always be in our hearts.

:candle2: :candle2: :candle2: :candle2:

Frankie'sMom
10-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. She is an :angel: doggy watching over you now.

Frzframe
10-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Oh Paula, I am so sorry for your loss. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Kasianni
10-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Paula, I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I cried so much when I read this as I know how much you loved her. At least she is not suffering anymore. You did the right thing for her. I am lighting a candle for sweet Alex. :hug99: :hug99: to you.

Yolanda
10-11-2008, 06:35 PM
Paula,

There is nothing I can say to ease you broken heart. I think I can honestly say all of our hearts here are aching also for your loss.

Bless you for loving her so much and taking such wonderful care of her these many years. She will truly be missed by many.

RosaC
10-11-2008, 06:36 PM
:hug99: Paula, I'm so sorry about losing Alex...
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Here's plenty of heart-healing rays...

AgileOllie
10-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Oh, Paula. I'm so, so sorry. Thinking of you in this horribly difficult time.:hug99:

Rafi
10-11-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm sorry to hear the news about Alex. :hug99:

Linus
10-11-2008, 07:25 PM
Oh Paula, I am so very, very sorry. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Godspeed, Alex. Run free at the bridge, sweet girl!

bsquared
10-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Oh Paula...I am terribly sorry. I just want you to know that you are in my thoughts and in my heart during this difficult time. :hug99: :candle2:

TheDoxieHaus
10-11-2008, 07:53 PM
I am so sorry Paula. Alex was a special dog and will be missed.

RIP Alex the Wonderdoggie. :candle2:

ebmw1975
10-11-2008, 08:03 PM
I am so sorry Paula for your heart ache. You were the best mom Alex could have ever asked for and you gave her the greatest gift LOVE, unconditional. She is running free at the Bridge with all of the other loved :angel: :hug99: :hug99:

Fluffy
10-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Dear Paula,

I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. Alex touched everyone on this board and will be deeply missed. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :hug99: Godspeed Alex. :candle:

AnnMarieK
10-11-2008, 09:35 PM
Paula, I am so sorry.... she was a special girl and you were there for her ....
I hope your heart heals quickly as Alex is surely happy, at the Bridge playing with many of our loved ones who have gone before......:hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

LUVMYGUNNER
10-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Sorry to hear this. She had a great life with you and was very loved.
RIP:candle:

lotsadox
10-11-2008, 10:57 PM
I'm so sorry, Paula. Miss Alex is at the Bridge now with Bogart, Sweetums and Michele. They're waiting for us. We'll light :candle3: for her tonight to help light her way. :hug99: :hug99:

Rileybugg
10-11-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm so, so sorry.:hug99: :hug99: I lit a couple of candles for Miss Alex. They, too, are lumpy and bumpy and shine brightly. :heart1: :heart1: :heart1:

Otto'sMom
10-11-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm so, so sorry.:hug99: :hug99: I lit a couple of candles for Miss Alex. They, too, are lumpy and bumpy and shine brightly. :heart1: :heart1: :heart1:
That really is a beautiful sentiment.:hug99: There are so many candles shining brightly for Trooper, Martini, Michele, Teddy Bear, Piper (the springer spaniel) and now Alex, they are sure to find their way easily, warmly welcomed by all of those who have filled our lives with love. Be sure to check out the Doggie Drive thru at that new Sonic up there, Alex. I hear there's cheeze sticks on tap.:hug99:

Patt
10-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Oh Paula I am so very sorry for your loss....... I hope that soon you will find comfort in the amazing memories that you have of your dear sweet Alex.... I have lit a :candle3: to honor and celebrate Alex's life here and the love and devotion you shared...

Many hugs and many prayers.

Shared tears,

alfina
10-12-2008, 07:52 AM
I am very sorry Paula for your loss. She lived a great life with you.

JanUet
10-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Paula,

The tears are flowing here. I honestly did not want to read this thread.
She was a very special Gal and meant alot to all of us. :hearts: :hearts:
May she run freely at the bridge with all the :angel:s that have passed before her.
A :candle: will be burning for her today, In honour of a beautiful,lumpy & bumpy soul that stole our hearts and made us smile.

RIP Alex - Mommies Little Wonder doggie :hearts:

Tanya
10-12-2008, 09:00 AM
I am so sorry. :( RIP sweet Alex :candle:

:bigrayz: for your broken heart Paula. :hug99:

bittyup
10-12-2008, 09:04 AM
PAULA, I AM SO SORRY ABOUT MISS ALEX. SHE HAD THE BESTEST MOM SHE COULD EVER HAVE AND YOU GAVE HER A WONDERFUL LIFE. :hug99: THERE ARE LOTS OF SPECIAL FRIENDS WAITING FOR HER ON THE BRIDGE.:hug99: :hug99: FOR MISS ALEX:candle3: :candle3: :candle3:

Azaren
10-12-2008, 10:46 AM
:candle3: for your little Wonderdoggie.

The pictures you posted recently with her lying in the sun brought such a smile to my face. Enjoy the sun and Sonic across the bridge Alex. :angel:

:hug99:

Alex's Mom
10-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks SO much everyone, for all your kind thoughts, and PMs and calls, and :candle2:. There is so much comfort knowing that your grief is being held a little bit for you in other people's hearts. :hug99::hug99: It's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend, and the things I am most grateful for are all my friends here and everywhere, and for having the gift of Alex's life for 15 years.

It was a bit of a rough night...the other side of the bed was so empty. But when I got up it was to a beautiful fall day, absolutely perfect. I went to the barn this morning, and then went down to the beach where Alex and I used to walk. There wasn't anyone around, the sea was calm, and it was quite warm in the sun. As I was walking along, I stopped in my tracks because I could hear the noise that Alex used to make when she was in the car and I wasn't...what my friend Cathy called her seagull noises. I couldn't believe it...and then I looked offshore and there was a herd of seals, and the noise was coming from them. One of Alex's nicknames was seal puppy cuz when her ears were both flipped inside out (you know what I mean!), with her big brown eyes, she looked just like a seal. Of course it made me cry, but I was also very comforted, because I know she's still around somewhere, and I think this was a sign. I do know that when I came back home (which I was dreading, cuz the house is SO empty), it didn't feel empty at all...her spirit is here with me. Which, knowing Alex's tenacity, makes perfect sense :rolleyes:

As hard as it was, and will continue to be, I know it was time, and I also know she was at peace with it. While I was waiting for Laura to come out (she came to the house, bless her), I sat with Alex on the couch for about 2 hours...she was quite perky at first, and I held her in my arms and we cuddled, and she drifted off to sleep, and never really woke up again except to open her eyes a little bit when Laura came in. She said her goodbyes to me while we were cuddling, with little head butts, and then, to rest.

There will be others, but never another like her. She was and is my heart and soul, for all her loyal, cantankerous, cranky, ailing, stubborn ways. Godspeed, my :angel7: until we are together again. Run free with Rani and Maxe, Aster and Sally and George, and Djinn and your namesake Alex I, and all the others who have gone before and who wait for us.

(This has been a particularly dreadful weekend...my friend Jane lost her horse Shadow very unexpectedly to colic early Saturday morning. :candle2: for him too...we are mourning together.)

Barb
10-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Paula, my thoughts are with you..... they truly are a gift, aren't they? My thoughts are also with your friend Jane who is suffering as well. I like knowing that you feel Alex's spirit in your home, she is most assuredly watching over her mommy... :hearts:

Courtney
10-12-2008, 11:48 AM
GAH I just saw this...tearing up a bit. Paula, you and Alex are in my thoughts. I am glad her passing was peaceful. :hug99: :hug99:

Amanda
10-12-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm so sorry about Alex. :hug99: She's not in pain anymore though.

Tex
10-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Just saw this and am now crying while trying to eat lunch.....

Paula, I know there are no words to say I'm sorry, but please know that you (and Alex) are in my thoughts and prayers!

Godspeed Miss Wonderdoggie :candle2:

oceangirls
10-12-2008, 06:36 PM
crying with you Paula... I am so very, very sorry... you are such a good mom and she did not want to leave until she absolutely had to. I'm glad she showed you she is still keeping an eye on you.

:hug99: we definitely understand

K2
10-12-2008, 08:12 PM
I am so, very sorry Paula. :hug99: I will light a :candle2: tonight for your sweet girl.

Jill
10-12-2008, 08:18 PM
Paula, I am so sorry to hear about Alex. No words can ease your pain.

We have lit a candle for her.

:hearts:

Two Red Smooth's
10-12-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss :hug99: to you and to Shadows Mom too.

Teddysmom
10-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Very hard to read with tears in your eyes! So very sorry about Alex; my heart aches with yours right now. Nothing i can say will ease the pain of the hearache but we know that she's watching over you until you can re-join her at the bridge. It was her time and you gave the most unselfish gift you could ever give.....her freedom. She's exchanging stories with Sweetums, Michele, Dusty, Grrrt, and all the others who passed before her; and I'm very sure that Grrrt will show her the way to the Sonic for some cheese sticks. Will keepy ou in my prayers and sending lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your broken heart, and a bunch of :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: just for you.
Lighting a :candle3: right now for our Wonderdoggie, Alex. Godspeed sweetie.:angel:

bittyup
10-13-2008, 07:58 AM
:candle3: :candle3: :candle3: FOR SHADOW TOO.

phoria2
10-13-2008, 08:54 AM
Paula,
I am so sorry for your loss. :hug99: Alex was truely a Wonder.:hearts:

Rae
10-13-2008, 11:11 AM
like I said, it still farking sucks.
you did the right thing for her, you know that.

Love you.

laura
10-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Paula, I am terribly sorry to hear this! We will all miss her very much and please know you are in our hearts with as much love and concern as this board can muster! (which is a lot)

Love,

Laura

quavec
10-13-2008, 05:03 PM
OMG! Paula I am so sorry to hear this. :hug99: GodSpeed Alex.

May you and Michele dig many holes and run free at the bridge :angel:

Mama S.
10-13-2008, 05:08 PM
3rd time here today trying- still can't.
Mama

Jen
10-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Oh Paula, we're all grieving with you. So sorry to hear of your loss. :hug99: :hug99: