PDA

View Full Version : Bailey - NDR

bsquared
10-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Many of you remember that my friend Gloria passed away over the summer. I just received an email from her husband John letting me know that he had to put their golden retriever, Bailey, down yesterday. Bailey was Gloria's dog through and through...he lived and breathed for his mommy. John said that Bailey was acting off on Saturday and having trouble breathing. He took him to the emergency vet on Sunday morning and discovered he had multiple tumors; one had burst in his abdomen and there was another large one near his spleen. The vet gave him two months at best but at age nine, John couldn't put him through the pain and suffering and made the difficult decision to help him to the bridge.

Bailey was my buddy, I dog sat for him and spoiled him rotten with peanut butter treats. I was scheduled to dog sit again the first weekend in November for him. Please light a candle and keep a good thought for John. He's been through so much in just 3 short months. Bailey and Gloria are together again and both are free from their pain and that gives me so much comfort.

Alex's Mom
10-13-2008, 09:45 AM
Oh Robyne, this must be so hard for John, but he did the kindest thing. Alex will show Bailey the ropes at the bridge...:candle2: Godspeed, gorgeous boy...now you and your mom are together again. :hug99::hug99:

Lisa
10-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Robyne, I am so sorry to hear about Bailey. Godspeed handsome guy.

Tex
10-14-2008, 07:55 AM
*sniff* I've really got to stop opening these threads....

Godspeed sweet Bailey :candle2:

Many healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for John's heart!

bittyup
10-14-2008, 12:46 PM
LOTS OF HEART HEALING:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: FOR JOHN AND OF COURSE A CANDLE FOR BAILEY:candle3: :candle3: :candle3: . HE WILL FIND SOME WONDERFUL FURFRIENDS WAITING TO HELP HIM OVER THE BRIDGE AND THEN OF COURSE HE WILL BE WITH HIS MAMA.:hug99: FOR ALL WHO MISS THEM AND LOVE:hearts: THEM.

Rileybugg
10-19-2008, 02:05 AM
I just saw this. I'm going to light a nice Bailey sized candle in his honor. Lots of :hug99: :hug99: for you and your friend John, too.