PDA

View Full Version : Miss Dog

BethMH
02-10-2006, 12:39 AM
Did anyone see the Miss Dog 1st Annual Beauty Contest on Animal Planet tonight? It was too cute! The contestants represented states just like in other pageants. There was a talent contest and an evening gown contest. Some of the dogs actually looked precious in their evening gowns.

It was really a cute tribute to girlie puppers.

The white haired guy who won the first Dancing With the Stars contest - John ... - was the host.

Anyway - I sure enjoyed it. I wanted little Missy from Missouri to win - she was the oldest - I think 11 years old - a bull terrier (I think - small, pudgy, black and white with pointed ears). She came in 2nd place. She must have arthritis in her front paws. Her legs were very bowed and she walked funny, but she sure was a doll.

Tanya
02-10-2006, 01:02 AM
OMG! I never even heard of that! It sounds so cute! :hearts:

Were there any doxies in the pageant???

Goob
02-10-2006, 01:12 AM
OMG! I never even heard of that! It sounds so cute! :hearts:

Were there any doxies in the pageant???

:ditto: and who won? Sounds too cute!!!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-10-2006, 09:34 AM
I saw them come out & I fell asleep :confused: I was snuggled on the sofa & it was sooo comfy I just couldn' t keep my eyes open. I hope they show it again! This was the 1st one & they' re gonna have it every year now!:appl:
It was on Animal Planet.

Nancy
02-10-2006, 11:12 AM
Oh, I totally want to see that! Hopefully we can catch the show when they re-run it!

BethMH
02-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Gosh - I forget the pupper's name who won - she was black and white with long fluffy fur - looks like the puppers who herd. She had some great tricks! I did not see it from the very, very beginning, so I don't know if they showed a pupper from every state, but the semi-final contestants I saw had no doxies - boooooo!!!!!

Little Missy was funny. Gosh - I hope I am remembering their names. It may have Lady who won and Missy who was the bull terrier who came in 2nd. She howled when her mommie sang. That was her talent. She was a senior. She walked slow and had the funny bowed out legs. I think the audience really really liked her. Her dress looked absolutely adorable on her! It was so darn cute!! I liked how her dress looked on her better than all of the others. I think she scored pretty high for evening gown competition. Her talent wasn't ranked as high though. The pupper who won - she had really high talent scores.

Anyway - this was the first pupper pageant. It is going to be an annual event. Hmmm...maybe some of our DLC puppers should submit their application for next year's contest???? I think the winning prize was $10K!!! Surely, Animal Planet will run it again.