PDA

View Full Version : Good report from Dr Chuck today

Rae
10-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Since Duchie has been off the prednisone (bad for liver/kidneys) and on rimadyl, she has been doing some better, which lead us to believe her problem is primarily arthritis with a side order of IVDD, not the other way around.

SO she was on 1/2 a 25 mg pill 2x a day and was getting around *some* better. I increased her to a full 25 mg pill 2x a day and she is bouncing back... (thanks for the Wonderdoggie Pep-talk, Alex. I miss you already.)

Long term use in that dosage seems to be fine from the studies Dr Chuck has found, and she is friggin 14. If she can get up, walk around without pain and not fall over when she poops, and if that cuts come time off her life but gives her QUALITY of life, well then OK.

So all is good, and for more breaking news on HRH Duchie Wagoner, check out The Hot Dog, 'cause we went to the Sonic afterward :)

lotsadox
10-15-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm so glad that HRH is doing well on the rimadryl. :cheer3: :cheer3: Quality of life is what you have to consider primarily at this point.

Alex's Mom
10-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Well, alex's Wonderdoggieness had to go somewhere, and where better than her cousin HRH??? Yup, quality of life is where it's at!!! :hug99::hug99:

Rae
10-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Quality of life is what you have to consider primarily at this point.

that's what I say about myself every time I get on the scales with a beer in my hand, Patrice.
Life is a series of trade offs.

Lisa
10-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Totally second quality of life! Glad to hear our HRH is doing so great. :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

With you as her Mommy, she has, top choice, grade A, could ask for better quality.

Barb
10-15-2008, 04:47 PM
That is simply AWESOME !!!! Go Duchie, Go Mommy, Go Dr. Chuck !!!! Making you mo beddeh to get through each day and be able to go get that cheese is the most important thing ! :heart:

Jen
10-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Quality of life is much more important than quantity in my book! Glad to get a good report on HRH~~

oceangirls
10-15-2008, 05:31 PM
that's what I say about myself every time I get on the scales with a beer in my hand, Patrice.

oh gosh honey.... NEVER weigh yourself with a beer in your hand :shocked: . That just makes the number on the scale go up.

On second thought, just subtract three pounds for each beer you're holding. I think that's about what one weighs :shooter:

::skipping merrily off into my sunset of delusions::

Great news for Duchie!!! Definitely quality of life is most important :)

areese
10-15-2008, 06:09 PM
Great news!!!! My old dog Kerby had severe arthritis and took rimadyl for at least 4 years with no problems. It did wonders for her.

Patt
10-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Wonderful news! :appl: Good to hear HRH is doing well on Rimadyl.

In the past I've used Rimadyl & Deramaxx. Both meds were were used long term with no side effects.

Tex
10-16-2008, 09:42 AM
Glad that HRH had a good report!!!:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

I know that HRH will have the BEST quality of life since she has da bestest mommy!!!!:hug99: