PDA

View Full Version : Chloe bit someone

mydachsies
02-10-2006, 12:56 AM
:shocked: Okay let's start with the begining.I took Cinnimon for a walk across the street to my mom's house(I am trying to get the pups use to leash)I am over there for like 2mins and here comes chloe jetting over to me.She knew I was mad but I didn't want her to run back across so my mom picked her up and walked with me back to my house.I didn't know where she got out from.I went inside for another 2minutes to tell my Dh what happened and I hear a car honking and I go outside and a man is trying to catch Chloe who happened to get out again!I was so scared!She was running circles around him barking cause he was trying to get her and give her to me.He was scared she was going to get runned over.When I called her name he kinda backed away so I could get her and she nipped him on his leg.My mouth :huh: and I right away grabbed her and put her in her crate.I apoligized and he was actually laughing cause she had a pretty good bite for such a little dog.He said he understood she was scared and he had dogs of his own and just left.I didn't know what to do.I left her there cause I had to walk my whole yard looking for holes or something that showed a sign of where she got out.I found that they found a spot in my chain link that wasn't all the way to the ground.I fixed that right away and tested it by letting her out and she went straight there and noticed it was impossible to get out.Like an hour later the man comes back with his wife and my DH is worried they are gonna sue or something.I go out there to talk with them and he wanted to make sure she had her rabies shot cause he works in a hospital.I get out her paper work showing him.He said he was fine and I apologized for the 100th time.We actually started talking about other things and his wife said they just moved here and have 2mini pinchers.They had a pitbull or bulldog that just died today from parvo.She said she didn't know anybody and would love to talk whenever we had time.I think something good came out of this scarey situation.I think my heart is finally slowing down from all the action around here!

Goob
02-10-2006, 01:23 AM
OMG Erika!!! What a day!!!! I'm glad for several things, that the guy wasn't too mad, that he was nice enough to stop and try to help Cloe, and that maybe, you have made some new friends. Plus, you found where they could get out. :angel7:

Anatresia
02-10-2006, 08:52 AM
It's a good thing he was cool about it! I am always scared that Rigby is going to decide to test out her chompers when she gets scared. So far her aggression has only been towards other dogs.

I think if my dogs were out loose and some guy tried to help catch them, they'd react the same way- that would be very scary to them!!!

So glad everything worked out okay!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-10-2006, 09:12 AM
Wow! Sounds really scary that Chloe got out :shocked: And biting!!!
I' m glad you found the fence problem & fixed it! It sounds like the bite didn' t worry that guy any. Did she break the skin?
I know my Reesee sounds agressive, so in a way I don' t trust her when strangers come to our yard. But I am sure she is fine away from home.
I guess she thinks she is the protector of our place!
Maybe you found friends out of the situation! Let us know how everything goes.

jenfer
02-10-2006, 12:08 PM
Scary! But it's great that the guy understands! I am glad you found the escape hole and fixed it!
Chloe, don't scare your mom any more!!!

Bella's Mom
02-10-2006, 03:53 PM
First of all, so glad to hear everything is okay. I would've freaked! Sometimes our little furbabies can drive us crazy AND scare us half to death. :shocked:

Alex's Mom
02-10-2006, 03:56 PM
How scary!!! sounds like a good guy...and how hard it must have been for he and his wife to have lost their dog to parvo that same day. He was a real :angel7: !! Naughty Chloe for scaring your mom to death!!!

areese
02-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Scary stuff! I'm glad your dog is ok. I'd be awful cautious if you do end up talking to those people more. Isn't parvo awfully contagious? It seems like the breeder we got Laika from said she lost a whole little of puppies cuz people came to see them and their dog had died from Parvo and somehow they carried the germs with them on their shoes or something...
But it's so great they were nice about it all, that's for sure.
Amy, Laika, and Owen

Helen
02-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Wow, Erika, what a day!! :relieved:

I'm glad Chloe is okay. Nothing makes your heart sink faster than when you unexpectedly see your baby running around leashless! :shocked:

I'm glad everything turned out okay. :crossfin:

Mama S.
02-10-2006, 08:25 PM
WOW! Good thing that he was ok with it! I'm sure that she was just freaked and bit out of fright. Our Houdini's! Gotta love em!
Sandi

JanUet
02-10-2006, 08:54 PM
Golly Erika!

What a Scare!:shocked: I am so glad that the man and his wife were nice to you and didn't come by just to cause Heck!

I would have been like :relieved: as I'm sure you were.

Glad everything worked out. Sending you a :bighug:

Linus
02-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh goodness!!! I'm glad the guy was understanding!!!

LUVMYGUNNER
02-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Your lucky he was so nice.

Alex's Mom
02-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Scary stuff! I'm glad your dog is ok. I'd be awful cautious if you do end up talking to those people more. Isn't parvo awfully contagious? It seems like the breeder we got Laika from said she lost a whole little of puppies cuz people came to see them and their dog had died from Parvo and somehow they carried the germs with them on their shoes or something...
But it's so great they were nice about it all, that's for sure.
Amy, Laika, and Owen

I was going to mention that too...parvo is HIGHLY contagious, especially with young dogs. (Don't want to be a scaremonger, but something to keep an eye on maybe.....)

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-11-2006, 09:02 AM
I was going to mention that too...parvo is HIGHLY contagious, especially with young dogs. (Don't want to be a scaremonger, but something to keep an eye on maybe.....)

Yes, it is. We had a neighbor who' s dog died from it & they were told to burn everything the dog came in contact with.
Also, the breeder Shadow came from didn' t let us near any of hers dogs 'cos she claimed we could bring in the germs.(But at this time we didn' t have any dogs)

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-11-2006, 09:04 AM
Oh wait! You had all yours shot done? They should be protected!

mydachsies
02-11-2006, 11:41 AM
All my dogs and pups have their shots against parvo and everything else.The only the the pups don't have is rabies.They get that in one week.It's a very scary thing!I heard it can live in the dirt for years!:shocked: