View Full Version : long lost weiner finds his way home..

Michelle
02-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Hello,
A member from our local doxie group saw this story about a weiner that found his way home.. a very touching story,, made me cry like a baby..
you have to read both links one at a time, there are 2 parts to the story..

Here’s a nice story:

Part One (Tuesday):

http://www.patriotledger.com/articles/2006/02/07/news/news04.txt

Part Two (Thursday):

http://ledger.southofboston.com/articles/2006/02/09/news/news04.txt

Frzframe
02-10-2006, 02:26 PM
awwwwwwww I'm so glad they found his owner. :)

Patt
02-10-2006, 03:26 PM
:awww: I love happy endings, what a sweet looking little old man. :hearts:

HotDogMama
02-10-2006, 03:36 PM
:shocked: What an amazing story!! I think I might print it out and take it to the vet with me Monday when we go to get Molly's chip!

K2
02-10-2006, 03:38 PM
:hearts: Awww...what a great story!!!

lotsadox
02-10-2006, 03:42 PM
What a sweet story! :hearts: It's kind of scary to think that microchips could register wrong though.

Alex's Mom
02-10-2006, 03:52 PM
I wonder how the poor old guy reacted to his mom...did he recognize her after so long?

Goob
02-10-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm so happy Buddy found his way home! :angel7:

Yolanda
02-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Now that is a story worth reading.:cheer2: :cheer2:

It does bring two things to mind however.

1. Register your chip and ensure it is done properly.

2. Keep the information current. If you move and change address and phone number let the chip people know.

I cannot tell you how amny dogs come into rescue with a chip where the information is bad. Sometimes you are lucky and can trace the owners but others you cannot.

Romandachs
02-10-2006, 04:47 PM
I am glad that Buddy found him a home, but I really don't believe the story. I have had dogs leave here and not see them for a year and people have changed their names (Twistifer is one of them) and you better believe that dog STILL knows its original name and they also know their people. Being with someone for 14 years straight, I just can't see it. I used Twistifer and Twistie with Girrl when I saw her at the NEOD pictnic and she remembered the name AND she remembered me!
JMO

Michelle
02-10-2006, 05:00 PM
I am glad that Buddy found him a home, but I really don't believe the story. I have had dogs leave here and not see them for a year and people have changed their names (Twistifer is one of them) and you better believe that dog STILL knows its original name and they also know their people. Being with someone for 14 years straight, I just can't see it. I used Twistifer and Twistie with Girrl when I saw her at the NEOD pictnic and she remembered the name AND she remembered me!
JMO

It is possible that Buddy did not find his real owners....you are right, a dog would still remember his owners after 14 years being with them and would remember the name. Maybe he looked so much like the dog the owners lost and just think he is there dog... something to think about,, I am glad he got another home though and it not wandering the streets, he looks so cute in his blue jacket :angel7:

Romandachs
02-10-2006, 05:12 PM
I am ecstatic for Buddy and his family, it was just my observation of the story. I am sure ALL will be extremely happy and who knows, maybe some angel sent him to this home. You never know, his true owners may have died and the family set him loose. it is sad his travels took him a year to find a warm and comfortable place to call home. It is definately a Win/Win situation for all concerned :)

BethMH
02-10-2006, 06:58 PM
AAAAwwwww, what a wonderful story!!!:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Mama S.
02-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Perfect way to end my week!! and they lived hapily ever after!!!!!
Sandi

LUVMYGUNNER
02-10-2006, 10:57 PM
great story-love it.