PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Earthdog Brags!!!

Jill
10-27-2008, 03:07 PM
We had a terribly exciting weekend, both good and bad...

On Saturday we had an earthdog funday. It was setup like training, but there were "judges" and you could "qualify" and earn ribbons. Reese was running Master for the first time and Bailey just needed some training.

Reese was awesome in Master!! I was worried about the off-leash in the woods, the other dog, the constriction and roller, and the honoring. Well, I was worried for NOTHING. Reese was just awesome. I think he had so much fun too. He did the walk-up great. Totally found the scent, while the other dog kinda wandered and did his own thing. Was showing signs of really hunting. When I felt he wandered a bit too far for my liking, I called him, and he came right back. He was a little hesitant to mark the rats at the den entrance, but once we removed the smooth fox terrier, he marked great. So, he had to honor first. I did have to hush him a few times but he was much better then I thought he would be. Then it was his turn. I expected him to get stuck at the roller. NOPE. He made it to the quarry in 8 seconds!!! 8! Worked great and even let me remove him. So, Reese earned his first "Q" in Master! Very exciting.

Bailey did great in his practice. Didn't Q, but we really worked out his issue of going in and back out etc. So it was great. He's not backing out, nervous like he was. he just needs to gain some confidence. he was a little slow to the quarry. But, once he gets there, he works great. So, we'll work on his time to quarry! I was hopeful for Sunday's trial!

We tied for 1st in the costume contest!

It was a lot of fun. Great weather.

Otto'sMom
10-27-2008, 05:55 PM
:Woot: That is GREAT. I knew they were going to do well, and have a great time :D

areese
10-27-2008, 06:07 PM
That's so cool! Sounds like a really fun time. I am really hoping that maybe Laika can still do earthdog next year....at least Junior with the shorter tunnel and working time...I'm thinking she could handle it.