PDA

View Full Version : What are your favorite moments with your furkids?

Anatresia
02-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Together moment:

In the morning, if Paul lets them out, they crawl back into bed with me and try to wedge every inch of themselves up against me to warm up. Usually Butters will go inbetween my arm and my body, forcing me to hold him, and Riggers wraps herself between him and my arm a little bit higher up, so that she can put her face next to mine. It's such a sweet moment, when they want to cuddle.

Mr. Butters moment:

I love when Mr. Butters tries to communicate with me. He stares me down and if that doesn't work, he hits me with his nose, or grabs my sleeve and growls. Then we talk. Whatever words I say make his head bob from side to side as he tries to comprehend (and he often does!) He gets so frustrated when I "can't understand" that he wants food. :curse:

Miss Rigby moment:

When I get home from work, I greet the dogs and then they run around and wrestle. So I go to check my email & the DLC. She will always jump up onto my lap and stand with two paws on my shoulders, kissing me and pressing her cheeks or neck into my mouth so I have to kiss her. She will do this forever if I let her, and, although it is very annoying, it's just about the cutest thing ever.

So, what are your favorite pupper moments?:pinky:

K2
02-11-2006, 09:55 AM
I have to pick one?????

Well, if I had to pick one it would be when I'm sitting on the couch watching TV and Pippit crawls up onto my lap and nudges my arm with his nose so I'll pet him. Then, he lets out his "old man groan" while I pet him. After a good petting, he'll stand up with his front paws on my chest and gives me kisses.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I love how I get the "Movie Star Welcome" whenever I return home!
(better than the red carpet!)
I love how the pups bounce in front of me to get picked up & they wanna be cradled in my arms.
I love when Reesee gets on the sofa, climbs onto my lap & gives me sweet kisses (the nose licks!)
I love when Shadow lays between my legs with his head resting on my knees & staring at me! (until the circulation gets get off to my foot!) And when I hug him he says Hmmmm Hmmmmmm!

JanUet
02-11-2006, 10:28 AM
I would have to say.........(Only on week-ends) First thing in the morning when I open my eyes.
I swear my 2 dance around like it is Christmas! I just look at them and laugh as if to say "Yup Mommie is alive and well -- Good Morning you 2!"

Sophie wags her tail furiously and does this little jumping dance( her version of the happy dance)
Casey gets all excited and presses his cheek against my face for a kiss. He will then roll his whole body on mine until i rub every inch of him.

Then and only then am I permitted to get out of bed!
After I get dressed, Casey gets off the bed and Sophie will lay on her back waiting for her Tummy rub and then I pick her up and carry her downstairs ready to go out for walkies.

Thru the week is has to be cuddling on the couch. They both try to get on my lap at the same time. It's a shoving match! If Casey gets on first, I get a kiss as if to say "Look Mommie, I made it here first"

Bella's Mom
02-11-2006, 11:23 AM
"One" of my many favorite times with Bella is coming home from work. Bella's little tail is whipping back and forth and her little face looks like she grinning! I'll pick her up and hug her and yes, talk baby talk to her and she'll give me kisses and then she'll give me hugs and put her head on my shoulder and snuggle into my neck. She makes me feel like a queen and she's my little princess. Oh how I love my little girl.... :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Jen
02-11-2006, 02:43 PM
When I come home from work, and after the 5 min of ignoring Tasha are done, I sit on the couch, she runs up the ramp, plants her forepaws on my shoulders and waits for the loving. Also, her new cute walkies avoidance technique is to get on my lap when I sit down crosslegged to harness her up, she settles into my lap and snuggles up. She still has to go walkies evenually though!!

Alex's Mom
02-11-2006, 03:23 PM
After I feed Alex her midday meal, she always has to have a cuddle. This is really special to me, cuz she isn't a cuddler by nature. But she jumps up against my leg and won't quit til I've picked her up, given her smoochies, rubbed her tummy in the vertical lovin's (she won't flip on her back if she can help it, but she DOES luv to have her tummy rubbed :rotfl: ) done the neck nuzzling thing, and told her about a million time that she's the most bee-oootiful doggie on the whole planet Arf! Tail waggin' a mile a minute, and lots of excited little "wheekin's". Then she's had enough and hops down. She hasn't been an easy dog in so many ways (I always say that she's been my "rescue dog practice pup"!), so I think this is her way of saying "t'anks, mom, I :heartbt: you lots 'n' lots". And the feeling is entirely mutual. I'm :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: about my little girl. (they do say you always love the problem kids the most :) ) No matter how bad the day is going, that few minutes of snuggles fixes everything right up!

Otto'sMom
02-11-2006, 03:38 PM
My favorite Grrrrt moment: When she makes her little 'pay attention to me Mommy' moans and wants to sit by me. It isn't easy for her to propell her body up on those little legs of hers but she tries so hard! She'll even do a happy feet circle dance when she gets excited.

Favorite Otto moment: When he looks for me at the dog park, he'll go up to skinny blonde women with long hair and ask them to hold him. If someone picks him up, he always looks at me and leans towards me to come get him.

Favorite Austin moment: When he snuggles with me in bed and stays there.

Favorite Dolly moment: When she gets in the recliner with me and falls asleep, snoring on my shoulder.

Favorite Buddy moment: When we're alone, Buddy will get on the bed with me and wants to get his belly rubbed. He gets very close to me and I sing his song to him and he streaches out his legs and moans softly, so happy.

Favorite Lucy moment: (she's my ex bf's dalmatian) I love playing lion tamer with her. She has me put my chin in her mouth and say her name, making her wag her entire butt.

Mama S.
02-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Guess my favorite is when I wake up in the morning -
Sam is draped across my throat squeezed as tightly to me as he can get - upside down with just his back feet peeking out form the covers. Shadow is squnched into my side snoring like a chain saw. Hershey is spooned up against her also upside down wif feet hangin in da breeze (you should see the tangle my bed is!) oscar is at me feet doing a snore/huffling sound. Pete is curled up in a ball on the pillow next to me and Stinker is on the floor on the pillow she has chosen for the night!
PURE LOVEEEEEEE
Sandi

Fluffy
02-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Together: When I come home, and let them out of their crates they are wild! They run all over sniffing this and that..."Ok the toys are still where I put them" etc. Buddy does the best butt wiggle, as I tell him to "Shake yer bootie" (YES I shake mine too :lol:). Heidi grabs the closest bone and goes to town on it until Buddy's done dancing. Then she comes a-runnin for some lovin and major belly rubs.

Heidi: Shes not a huge snuggler but when she wants love she is the cutest thing ever! She'll walk up to me (i'm usually sitting on my bed) and lower her head and thrust the top of it into my lap, leg or arm. I'll start by rubbing behind her ears and neck and slowly work down her back. Never fails before I get even half way down her back, she flops over on her side like a lead brick rolls over and its time for tummy rubs!! All the while she's giving kisses and letting out the sweetest moans and groans.

Buddy: My velcro baby...he LOVES to snuggle w/ da mudder. He'll curl up in between my arm and my torso, head on my chest and get his belly rubs. My favorite thing EVER that he does is when I stop and he's not had enough, he raises his wil paws and grabs at my hand for more...with the sweetest look on his face, mouth half opened, eyes trying so hard to stay open. As soon asI think he's out, I stop and up go the paws.

Ok I think I need to go get some snuggle action!!!!!

areese
02-12-2006, 11:28 PM
This was such a nice thread to read...
it's hard to even think of my very favorite moments with my dogs cuz I enjoy them so much. I guess my very favorite moments are:
with Owen, when I first come home. And he does this crazy backwards hopping-he can go SO fast in reverse and he is crying and hopping and he's such a shiny little black bug boy...makes me think of how he was when we first got him-so shy and afraid that it seemed he had no personality. A close second favorite moment has to be when he gets in my lap. He likes to put his front feet on my chest and he puts his face really close to mine, ducks his chin so he gets like 3 double chins and looks at me all serious like he's got something important to say. He's so sweet.
Laika...I love her so much all the time but I think I like best how in the middle of the night she comes up (she starts out always sleeping right behind my knees, on top of the covers so I can't move!) and gets under the covers, curls up right by my chest, and just sighs and falls asleep. She's so soft and warm, she's my baby :)