PDA

View Full Version : I miss you, sweet Suzie.

Teddysmom
12-10-2008, 10:04 AM
It's been 7 years to the day since I helped you to the bridge my sweet little girl; and the pain is still so fresh in my mind it feels like it was yesterday. You were the first doxie I ever owned, or should I say the first doxie that owned me, and you were absolutely the best friend I ever had. I got you as a puppy and watched you grow, you stole my heart from the moment I laid eyes on you. You welcomed your "brother" Buster (the other doxie) into our family with open paws; you helped welcome you 2 hooman siblings into the family with no resentment and protected them like they were your own babies...I think you worried about them more than I did. You welcomed all the day care kids into the "family' as well and never had any ill feelings towards any of them. You used to sleep at the foot of our bed each night, but would go into the kids' rooms to check on them before coming back to bed (I heard your little paws tapping the floor as you walked from room to room). You were the friendliest dog I had ever seen but guarded your family with the fierceness of the lion, especially against those rat snakes that would occassionaly find their way into our yard and hide under the play toys. You gave us your all for so many years and when I saw you were ill with cancer and in pain that could not be taken away, I made the ultimate sacrifice of love....I helped ease your pain so you could run and play pain free at the bridge. I sometimes regret doing it but then I think about how selfish it would have been to "keep her around" knowing that she was in so much pain, you could see it in her eyes and she was ready to go. I still miss you baby girl. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :candle3: :sad125: :heartbk:

Barb
12-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Awww Eva-Marie - it is never easy. Will be thinking of you today :hug99:

JanUet
12-10-2008, 10:24 AM
What a lovely tribute to Suzie :hearts: :hug99:

lotsadox
12-10-2008, 10:54 AM
That is a lovely tribute. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: Sweet Suzie :candle3:

AgileOllie
12-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Thinking of you today.:hug99:

Alex's Mom
12-10-2008, 11:35 AM
:sad2: :hug99::hug99::hug99:

oceangirls
12-10-2008, 12:32 PM
The price we pay for loving them as much as we do. Thank you for sharing your girl with us :hug99:.

Kasianni
12-10-2008, 03:51 PM
:tissue: Lovely tribute to your sweet girl :hug99:

bittyup
12-10-2008, 09:15 PM
What a beautiful tribute to such a special friend.:candle2:

Rileybugg
12-11-2008, 12:01 AM
:bighug: That's beautiful. :hearts: :hearts: