PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Animal Planet Hero of the Year

bsquared
12-12-2008, 10:12 AM
As you know, my friend has three rescued greyhounds and is about to add two more to her pack on Sunday. All of these greys were rescued by Eileen McCaughern of REGAP of CT, and now Eileen has been named Animal Planet's Hero of the Year! :cheer3: http://animal.discovery.com/convergence/hero_of_the_year/2008/nominees/eileen-mccaughern.html

In my opinion, everyone who works in rescue is a hero and :angel: . Many times rescuers are not acknowledged for their dedication, their heart and their love of animals...so to everyone out there who rescues...THANK YOU! :hug99: :hearts: :hug99: :hearts:

Lisa
12-12-2008, 10:25 AM
That is so cool. I think next year we should nominate our Andrea.

TheDoxieHaus
12-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Excellent! I also think we have lots of hero's on the DLC!

lotsadox
12-12-2008, 10:44 AM
How cool is that? :cheer3: :cheer3: That is so great! :congrats: To your friend and :thankyou: to all the rescuers out there. You are truly :angel:

mom2reds
12-12-2008, 01:57 PM
WOW! That's sooo cool. I want to adopt a greyhound someday. I have already started researching adopting one.

Otto'sMom
12-12-2008, 01:59 PM
I haven't done NEAR the stuff Tonya or Shonda or Yolanda does. Tonya, who is eleventy months pregnant ready to take in a 2 week old behbeh puppah. Tonya, with little behbeh Adan locking her out of her house taking in doggies because stoopid preggo dog owners suddenly decide they don't think the dogs they've loved like children for the past 6 years would be good around new kids. Tonya is my hero cause she keeps enabling my hoarding:duh:

And Shonda gived me friggin Darwin

And Yolanda's group gived me Dolly- non dachshund.

And Courtney....well Courtney gave me a hat that friggin darwin ate.

And Lins taught me the danger of peener staying outerness....and she has a female friggin Darwin