PDA

View Full Version : Oink! Oink!

MomToDolly&Madison
02-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Well, that's what my li'l Madderoo was tonight. I was cutting some ham for dinner. I was at a rather awkward angle, but then I'm an awkward person. Anyway, a good size hunk of ham fell on the floor. Now both doggers were there and it's usually Dolly who is the Grub of the family. Well bust my buttons, for a change Dolly LISTENED to me when I said NO NO NO. She waited patiently for me to pick up the ham off the floor, however, before I could bend down, Maddie had munched it ALL down. I was shocked at how fast she gobbled that meat up. Well, so far, so good. She hasn't gotten sick but I'm watching. These dachshunds, I swear they'd eat until they exploded.:shocked:

jenfer
02-12-2006, 11:55 PM
That's doxies. :D They will eat everything if allowed.

Helen
02-13-2006, 12:57 AM
These dachshunds, I swear they'd eat until they exploded.:shocked:

So true! I have a piggy story: My BF's family was in town for his graduation. Some of us were leaving earlier than others. We told BF's mom how much to feed Charlie before she left to meet us down there - we told her there was a cup in there, and to "fill it up to the black line." (I had marked a line on a plastic cup that we kept in the food container.)

Well, we all come back, and as we're sitting around, we remark, one by one, over the course of an hour or so, how fat Charlie looks. His little tummy was much rounder than usual! :scratch: We finally ask his mom, exactly how much did you feed Charlie? She says, I filled up the cup. :shocked: The lucky little doggy got about 3-4 times his normal amount! No wonder his belly was so round! http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/animal/animal0026.gif

I bet Dolly wasn't too happy she listened to Mom!

Lisa
02-13-2006, 06:52 AM
I hope Dolly got a big treat for being such a good girl and listening to her Mommy - what a little :angel7: . I don't even know if ham would hit the floor in my house and you should be very proud of Dolly, no way would mine leave it if I asked them too. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Dolly!!

Mama S.
02-13-2006, 10:11 AM
You dropped HAM and expected drop it? NOT IN MY HOUSE:rotfl: :rotfl: The herd would drop you a throw some more down here quote!! Must work on that - glad that some sweet ladies listen like they are supposed to!
Sandi

Nancy
02-13-2006, 10:33 AM
you have a doxie that listens to you when there is food on the floor?! :rotfl:

isobelsmom
02-14-2006, 10:33 AM
Yeah, What Lisa and Nancy said...and me a trainer. :bcake5: :ashamed:

My other dogs do "leave it and drop it" very well...but the dachsies?! HA! I believe there shall be snowball fights in H*** first if ham was involved. :seeya:

Frzframe
02-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Yep what Mary said about that snowball with my crew.

Good girl Dolly. :hearts: Maddie says to slow Dolly it's mine.

LUVMYGUNNER
02-14-2006, 11:29 PM
Gunner and Petunia always wait for me to drop some food.

oceangirls
02-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Poor Dolly - see where being good got her!?

Mine will stalk you while you are in the kitchen. :D

Jen
02-15-2006, 11:41 AM
If it hits the floor, its in Tasha's mouth! Unless its lettuce....a girl has to have her standards.

Yes, you never need to pick up dropped food with a doxie in the house!

Otto'sMom
02-15-2006, 12:11 PM
I find myself being sloppy for their benefit. I was pouring the cat food into the bowls before I left to go on the boat the other day, and when I spilled a few bites, I was thinking "no problem Otto and Austin and Grrt will get it" but they were already at the sitter's house :(

JanUet
02-15-2006, 12:21 PM
I am NEVER in my Kitchen ALONE! Sophie is ALWAYS with me.

When I chop stuff on the counter I can feel her next to me leaning on my leg waiting for something to drop. *even lettuce*

When I open a Lower cupboard door she has to see what I am doing in there.
I open the fridge....she is right there!

I have seen her catch something that I have dropped BEFORE it hits the floor! AMAZING! :rotfl:

Otto'sMom
02-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Austin got impatient when I was eating a chicken leg the other day. I'd given Otto a piece and Austin was waiting for his. I took a bite first, and he came right up and took a bite from the other side of the leg, WHILE IT WAS IN MY MOUTH. It happened so fast, I barely was able to get the leg away from him. He got a good bite of chicken!