PDA

View Full Version : Snoopy's allergy serum

mamaw
02-13-2006, 04:36 PM
is in and he begins the shots tommorrow. As far as the food allergies I have switched him to Eukanuba RF which is fish and potato he is doing real good on it but lordy does it stink. What dachsie or any other breed doesn't like something that stinks. This serum is for the enviormental allergys the vet said I could drop him off or make a appointment as they want to watch him and make sure there are no reactions for at least 30 min, I made the appointment I am going to camp out in the morning in the vets office. We need rays and prayers that he won't have a reaction to these shots and it will ultimatly give him relief from his itching and chewing himself. He only has 9 teeth left, none in the front but still last spring summer and fall he managed to chew hair off his feet and his hind quarters, and was constantly itching. Benadryl and predisone only gave temp relief.

jennie_c_d
02-13-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm considering doing that for Emma in the future. If she gets much worse, I may have to:(

You might consider Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Fish. It has fewer ingredients than the Eukanuba formula.

mamaw
02-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Right now I am not that concerned with the food allergys as he is doing great on the Eukanuba FP my concern is he going to have a reaction to the serum which is supposed to take care of the enviromental allergies. I do not need to change his food again at this point, I just need to pray that this serum will stop my babies itches. I will be in the vets office tommorrow and the song that will be going thro my mind will be as I wait to get the results.
You are my shunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy when skys are gray
You'll never know how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

Anatresia
02-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Fattypants is on doggie benydryl when the seasons change and I am constantly switching his food to find one that he won't react to. He does well on the wet food, but Rigby's intestines don't like it, and I can't feed him the wet that they love while feeding her dry kibble- she would not appreciate that.

He is on Natural Balance now, but he's already biting the hindquarters, so I might have to try something else.

(Lisa- I wanted to add- I tried finding the raw medallions and it has not been easy. I don't know that there are any stores around me that carry it- the one that is listed is down Elmwood, which is this hippie street with all these weird artsy fartsy people who remind me of my college days and I'm not comfy going there every time I need food! I will keep searching.)

lotsadox
02-13-2006, 06:54 PM
I can sympathize. Bogart has chewed and scratched the hair off of his hiney and sides from allergies. Sending rayz that Snoopy won't have a reaction. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

HotDogMama
02-13-2006, 08:12 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Lots of Big rayz for your little guy!! I hope it all goes well!! Keep us updated please! :pray1:

Patt
02-14-2006, 05:23 AM
Sending no itch :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to Snoopy and hope the day goes well.

mamaw
02-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Snoopy got his first allergy shot this morning and didn't have a reaction. He will be getting a shot every 3-4 days for awhile.

Nancy
02-14-2006, 02:15 PM
:cheer2: snoopy! good to hear there was no reaction to the shot!

jennie_c_d
02-14-2006, 03:44 PM
That's great news! I hope it helps him out. I've heard really good things about the serum shots.

Yolanda
02-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Whew!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Nice to read he did fine.

squirrel818
02-15-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm glad he's able to tolerate the shots! Cricket has really terrible environmental allergies also, she's allergic to everything! I have been giving her the serum shots for close to a year now and I'm really beginning to notice a difference. It takes a while but when it works it's really worth it! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Itchy keep away rays for Snoopy!

oceangirls
02-15-2006, 10:37 AM
Jean, that's great!! The allergy shots really helped our cocker spaniel. You might be able to give them yourself at home if that would make things easier for you.