PDA

View Full Version : good grief.

Rae
02-14-2006, 10:17 AM
SOMEone has peed in her crate twice in the past two weeks- since it is only that often do you guys think it is safe to assume SOMEONE ought to be taking her out later in the evening?

She is pooping in the house too -once in her crate but generally on the kitchen rug- but I am reasonably certain that is because there has been snow on the ground (or at least it is realllly wet) and she refuses to let her precious tu-tu touch the wet ground.

ugh.

Washed the crate out and disinfected this morning and brought her to work so I can keep an eye on her. She does not act like she is having any health issues- wonder if this is just a mommy thing since I have been out of sorts with the spidey bite and not staying up as late to take her out?

quavec
02-14-2006, 10:24 AM
No food changes lately, huh? If my bottom were bare, I don't think I'd enjoy bringing my tush outdoors to do the deed (not that I enjoy it now either ;>)

Alex's Mom
02-14-2006, 10:42 AM
She does not act like she is having any health issues- wonder if this is just a mommy thing since I have been out of sorts with the spidey bite and not staying up as late to take her out?
I wouldn't be at all surprised...Alex is only good for so many hours, and if I don't put her out between 9 and 10, she won't last the night. They're sensitive little souls, all right! :rotfl:

Yolanda
02-14-2006, 11:15 AM
I suspect it is a combination of the cold, snow and her pouting that Mommy is not feeling well.

Our doxies have such a determined mind set at times.

isobelsmom
02-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Sounds like a scheduling potty conflict regarding her crate and your bite/bed time. The pooping on the kitchen rug may be a protest or she just holds it when outside. A little dog show trick I use on my herd when I KNOW they have to poop and just will not outside is to use a cardboard matchstick lubricated on the cardboard only (not the sulpher end) with vaseline and insert just a bit (about halfway). It will prompt pooping within 10 minutes---unless she is VERY stubborn and determined to use your rug instead.

If she does go outside...praise and then bring her in for a small treat. It may turn things around. I had to do this with Isobel and Maia who had things a bit backwards. Isobel's was easy...BUT Maia's was like an elephant had moved in. Yuck!!!!! :shocked:

Good luck and keep us posted.

Jen
02-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Oh my, it sounds like bad weather stubborns coupled with a change in bedtime. Can't DH take her out a bit later at night if you need to go to bed early?

How are you recovering from the spider bite??

Patt
02-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Is it possible for you to take a sample of her urine into the vets to check for UTI? Since she had surgery short time ago it's a possibility. As you suggested a late night outing before everyone goes to bed would be good too. Unfortunately my senior's were a bit forgetful "CDS" so the late night outings didn't work, it's just something I had to live with. Wishing you the best.