PDA

View Full Version : Frankie, Madi, Keegan, Cal, Lucky & the kitty Update

Frzframe
01-25-2009, 07:48 PM
I just got horrible news. Frankie one of my very first foster boys and his fur brothers and sisters passed away on Friday. Jen, Ben and their 8 month old son came home to discover some of the wiring in their wall caught fire causing smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning. Jen is heartbroken to say the very least. One cat did survive and is on the road to recovery.

Frankie will always have a very special place in my heart as he was part of my very first rescue and adoption. I will always remember him coming into the tv room looking like a wet seal pup covered in fish oil. That crazy boy. :candle2:

Frankie - Dachshund :candle3:
Madi - G. Shepherd :candle3:
Keegan - Dachshund :candle3:
Cal - Dachshund :candle3:
Lucky - Sheltie :candle3:
the Kitty :candle3:

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/frzframe88/Mizti/frankie2806.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/frzframe88/Mizti/frankie02082006a.jpg

Jen, Lucky, Keegan and Frankie on his gotcha day.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/frzframe88/Mizti/jenandfrankie1.jpg

Tex
01-25-2009, 07:58 PM
How horrible!!!! I have often thought about what would happen to my furkids if something happened to the house while John and I were at work.....

Please send her my deepest sympathies

:candle2: RIP sweet ones

Barb
01-25-2009, 08:01 PM
Shonda - that is so tragic. I can't imagine the loss they feel... lighting a :candle: for each and sending :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to the family.... :sosad:

areese
01-25-2009, 08:16 PM
That is so awful...it's my biggest fear.

Frankie'sMom
01-25-2009, 08:40 PM
Such a tragedy, I cannot imagine how they feel.

LUVMYGUNNER
01-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Sorry to hear that.
RIP:candle3:

Yolanda
01-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Oh crap - this is the house fire from Indanapolis, IN if I remember correctly. I saw it on the news.

Prays for the family.

Frzframe
01-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Oh crap - this is the house fire from Indanapolis, IN if I remember correctly. I saw it on the news.

Prays for the family.

Jen lived in Omaha, NE when they she adopted Frankie. I don't think they've moved but I hadn't heard from her in a while as she left the Omaha Animal shelter last year.

Red Haired Girl
01-25-2009, 09:37 PM
This is the saddest thing. I don't want to imagine what they are going through. :candle2:

Chris
01-25-2009, 10:19 PM
Was the house totally burned out?
Do they need anything (stuff for the kitty, stuff for them?)

This is incredibly sad. Words just cannot describe...

Frzframe
01-26-2009, 01:38 AM
I found a news article about the fire. Jen and Ben lost 12 total. They were fostering for two animal shetler it seems.

Animal-rescue family distraught after fire kills 12 pets
BY ANDREW J. NELSON
WORLD-HERALD STAFF WRITER

Pet lovers who had opened their Benson-area home to dogs that needed foster care came home to a fire that claimed all nine, along with one cat and two snakes, officials said.

One cat survived. Animal control officers took it to a pet clinic because the family was too distraught. The other animals died of smoke inhalation, said Capt. Shane McClanahan, an Omaha fire investigator.

The homeowners declined to comment Friday night, but firefighters and a spokeswoman with the Nebraska Humane Society described a grieving family that cared deeply for pets in need.

The homeowners have a permit that allows them to care for more pets than normally authorized by city ordinance, said Pam Wiese of the Humane Society. It allows for up to five dogs and three cats to live at the residence and does not limit snakes.

But boarders like the family on 67th Street, who took in pets temporarily for two rescue shelters, can have even more pets at a home if kept there for a limited period of time, she said.

Friday's call came shortly before 8:30 p.m. Firefighters found fire in a north wall of the home. An electrical wire inside had malfunctioned, officials said.

The house sustained mostly smoke damage. But smoke detectors and fire alarms alert people, not pets, Wiese said.

"I don't believe that they were home at the time," she said. "It's so hard for pet owners . . . Anytime you leave your animals it is a risk, but what can you do?"

Alex's Mom
01-26-2009, 07:54 AM
I was so upset reading this, Shonda. My absolute WORST fear. Many many many :candle2: lit here for all the newest :angel7: at the bridge, and just as many :hug99::hug99::hug99: for their humans, and you.

lotsadox
01-26-2009, 10:42 AM
This is so sad. And one of my worst fears. I'm so afraid of having a fire when we are gone.

Godspeed little ones. :candle3:

Mama S.
01-26-2009, 12:19 PM
The exact reason that my guys are crated - in an emergency responders can grab crates and get my babies out without having to run looking for them- I will light a special candle for this grieving family:(

bsquared
01-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Oh, that is so sad! That is one of my worst fears. My heart just aches for them. :candle2: :candle3: :candle2: :candle3:

oceangirls
01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
This is absolutely heartbreaking. I am so sorry for the family :sad2:

bittyup
01-26-2009, 07:22 PM
I am just dumbfounded.I can't even imagine the heart break. That is my biggest fear. Hugs for the family and Godspeed sweet furkids and snakes :candle3: :candle3: :candle3: :candle3: :candle3: :candle3: :candle3: :candle3:

Jen
01-26-2009, 11:12 PM
That is so awful...it's my biggest fear.

Mine too. My heart goes out to them, what an awful thing!