PDA

View Full Version : Agility trial and Laika news

areese
02-01-2009, 09:15 PM
We were at an agility trial today. CPE, all games, nice judge AND Sonja (the woman who puts on the trial) followed through with her promise to let Laika run after the trial with the bars down!
O my gosh...it was the best thing ever. It was a level 1/2 jumpers course so only 13 obstacles and not really twisty or anything as it is for novice dogs. They took the bars off the jumps for us. When I took Laika's collar off and put on her agility leash..her face was like...she couldn't believe it. She just stared at me with her lovely eyes for a minute then began jumping up and down.
Laika ran so fast. I forgot how much I love to run her..she is so responsive to my body movements and she was so so so so happy. Just flying....
At the end I swear she was smiling as she flew through the last "jump". Everyone cheered. Everyone who was still there, that is, which wasn't many!
She ran in circles, jumping and smiling and raced out to the cooler for her treat.
The founder of CPE, Linda Eickholdt, was there (she lives in the area and is always at the trials around here) and she was crying. So were my friends Becky and Kim. I did not cry :) I feel like it now though, cuz I do miss running my girl sooo much. And to see her so happy...such a small thing it took to make her feel whole and well and happy.... my poor sweet beautiful girl....
Salsa once again went 5 out of 5 in the Championship level. She's amazing. O went 3 out of 5; a knocked bar in Jumpers and wildcard kept him from qualifying but he ran very nice and overall jumped very well. I got to see video of him running to day and it is hilarious-his tail goes in circles like a propeller or something. O and Salsa got all first places.
I also got to run my friend Becky's dog Macy in snooker. It was awesome. She's so fast (she's a golden mix, about 40 pounds so a lot bigger than my dogs) and fun to run. We got a 3rd place-she was the fastest of all the 20 inch dogs but didn't have the highest points but of course more than enough to qualify.
it was a good good day.
I'm SOOO tired so I'll catch up on posts tomorrow.

LUVMYGUNNER
02-01-2009, 09:25 PM
OMG I can't believe she is already running so soon after her surgery. What a girl:cheer3:

Frzframe
02-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Okay I got all teary eyed reading about Laika. I so wish I could've been there to cheer her on.

Go Owen and Salsa!!! :woohoo:

Barb
02-01-2009, 09:38 PM
Woman - you made ME cry. I can just imagine the happiness she felt ! I would just love to watch the kids run one day, and even if Laika ran with the bars down, it would be such an awesome treat :)

oceangirls
02-01-2009, 10:29 PM
That is so cool Amy! I know it is good for her (and you) to get out there and RUN!!! :woohoo:

Alex's Mom
02-02-2009, 07:24 AM
Yup, all teary here too :sad3: And of course, :congrats: to your other 2 stars!! I laughed at the thought of Owen's tail as a propeller...maybe that's why he goes so fast! :)

Lisa
02-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Another welly one here. I am so happy you got to run your girl. She really is amazing. :bow: :bow:

:congrats: to O and Salsa too! :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

Tex
02-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Add me to the teary list.....I'm beginning to think this thread might need a :tissue: alert...happy tears though!!!!

:way2go: Laika and :congrats: to Owen and Salsa!!!

ebmw1975
02-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Iwas a teary one as well, sniff. How awsome, I was hoping that the lady would remember and let her run. I know her heart was soaring with her from being so happy. I am also so happy for Salsa and Owen :cheer3: :cheer3: and I have a mental picture of Owen's propeller tail just a going :rotfl:
Way To Go ALL of YOU!!!:cheer3: :cheer3:

wawailc
02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
:tissue: :tissue: Good girl Laika! :appl: :appl:

michelehbc
02-03-2009, 02:24 AM
o, now ya done donneit. Im all misty eyed. :appl: :appl: GO Worm! :hearts:

Jen
02-03-2009, 11:12 PM
I know how much you wanted to do that! Sounds like a wonderful experience for both of you.