PDA

View Full Version : Brought Tyronne home today. (in a box)

laura
02-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Sorry to sound so morose in my title, but dammit, I should not have had a friggin BOX with my dog's ashes in it...I should have had him in his car seat with his head out the window, starting to get all excited the closer we got to home. Today I am all wigged out again. I found a few pics of him from an older computer.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/forhrss/243-1.jpg

What a beautiful, HEALTHY, dog!
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e319/forhrss/P1010015-1.jpg

Lisa
02-03-2009, 07:12 AM
Laura, I am so sorry this happened to you. I am not sure if there can be resolution for your broken heart. Tyronne had the best life with you, Todd and your family.

He was a very handsome, special boy, and I am glad we got to know him through you. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

oceangirls
02-03-2009, 09:38 AM
I am so sorry. It's okay to sound morose. It sucks. :hug99:

Otto'sMom
02-03-2009, 09:40 AM
I hope the box you got wasn't smirking. (stoopid cat tins)

In all seriousness, there may have been a hidden health issue that was ticking away. You can try to blame someone, but it doesn't bring Tyrone back, and only hurts you in the process. I would've loved to have some reason as to why Michele died so suddenly. Why didn't she tell me she was going to? So many times I've just blown off barfing for a day. I wasn't going to blow it off, I was just waiting for the vet's office to open. She couldn't wait that long, and I had no idea.
So many easy ways to place the blame, but it does no good, and she certainly wouldn't want me dwelling on 'what could have been' like some ghey Tiffany song from the 80s. I am in no way telling you to get over it. I am not over what happened to Michele. I just placed her picture on the mantle the other day, in tears. All we can ask, and I think all that Ty would want is for your heart to heal and never blame yourself. You didn't create a bad reaction to the drugs, and you didn't place him in any more danger than you would've doing any mundane task.... It simply was an accident of chemistry, and we will cherish the short time we got to enjoy your boy.

lotsadox
02-03-2009, 09:50 AM
I agree with Andrea. Knowing the why's of life doesn't change what is. We do our very best for our little ones, but it doesn't always work out like we want. The blame game only hurts us and turn healing into bitterness.

There very likely was some small hidden problem just like the teen athlete here who died. He was a seemingly healthy boy who had a heart attack and died while playing basketball. They found a small heart defect that had gone undetected until that day.

I can't even imagine losing a doxie the way you did. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for you and Todd.

Yolanda
02-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Laura, Noothing I can say will bring him back or even heal a broken heart. For what ever rason his purpsoe on life he with you was gone.

My only advice is to place all of his sweet memories in your heart and smile ever time you think of the joy he brought to you.

laura
02-03-2009, 12:15 PM
I guess it is still hard for me to accept that I took him there, I put him in that situation and then whatever happened, be it over anethtisised (sp) or a bad mix or a blood clot or whatever. My intellectual mind understands what both andrea and patrice stated. My emotional mind is all over the dial with messed up feelings.

lotsadox
02-03-2009, 12:28 PM
:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: Laura

Barb
02-03-2009, 12:30 PM
Laura,
My heart goes out to you. I understand what everyone has said, but I would be a huge mess too. You will get through this and your boy is watching over you, and in time, you will remember him with loving thoughts and not rage at what happened to him. Or maybe not, that will be a tough one to get past. Main thing, you can't blame yourself. Just know we are here for you :bighug:

laura
02-03-2009, 12:35 PM
I revealed my true feelings to this group because you all are so supportive and helpful. I seek solace here. Thank you for letting me be honest and real.

Yolanda
02-03-2009, 12:49 PM
I revealed my true feelings to this group because you all are so supportive and helpful. I seek solace here. Thank you for letting me be honest and real..

Laura, I am so glad that you feel like you can talk here with us. I honestly feel your pain to a small degree. I wish I could rach out and give you a big hug but the best I can do is say we here really care.

Lisa
02-03-2009, 12:57 PM
:ditto: I can't say I have experienced your pain, but I can totally empathize with it. We get they aren't "just dogs" they are connected to our soul and their loss has a profound impact on those of us left behind.

Otto'sMom
02-03-2009, 01:09 PM
:ditto:
The empty bed, the silenced bark and feeling somehow, some way, you could've done something more, done something different. It's hard to get others to understand, but here, we do.:hug99: I KNOW what you're going through. Michele's loss was a hard one on me.

Frzframe
02-03-2009, 02:55 PM
:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: I'm glad you know we are all here for you for however long you need us. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Alex's Mom
02-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Laura, I've lost animals in this manner (horses, cats) and I totally get how you feel. There really aren't any words that can speak to your heart, not your head. You just have to endure, and it will lessen as time goes by, but maybe never completely go away. And know that of course we're here whenever you need us. :hug99::hug99::hug99:

Goob
02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Laura,
I cannot imagine how broken your heart feels now. :hug99: I only got to meet Big T for like an hour, I remember petting him in Lee Ann's yard and he flopped over and let me love on him. Such a sweet, giving soul.

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for you and Todd.

michelehbc
02-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Laura, This sucks. I know it does. Feel free to rant, yell scream cry. We're here for you big time. :hug99:

Red Haired Girl
02-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Laura, Please don't beat yourself up for taking him there. You were doing what was best for him. He knew that then and he knows it now.

Tyronne wants you to remember where you took him from and how much he loves you and Todd for making him a part of your family.

Jen
02-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Well said Tracy. It is too easy to blame yourself when something unexpected and horrible happens. You gave him love and an amazing home.

Time will slowly, far to slowly, help you heal.

areese
02-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Laura, Please don't beat yourself up for taking him there. You were doing what was best for him. He knew that then and he knows it now.

Tyronne wants you to remember where you took him from and how much he loves you and Todd for making him a part of your family.

I agree totally. I can barely imagine how you must feel, but you did the very best for him and it is not your fault that something tragic happened.

doxrox
02-04-2009, 12:15 AM
:hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Tex
02-04-2009, 08:32 AM
:bighug: for Laura and Todd

LUVMYGUNNER
02-04-2009, 11:01 AM
I feel for you.:hug99: