PDA

View Full Version : Tito and Jazmine / Topeka, KS

KansasDoxieMama
02-26-2009, 02:11 PM
Here are my two babies. Tito is a 5yr short hair blk and tan. His adopted sister we just got in Nov.2008, she is around 3 yrs old. Long hair wire hair mix. She has spunk and doesn't like the outside.

I dont know how to add their photo

Lisa
02-26-2009, 02:18 PM
I can't vote without pics. Is there a link where the pictures are? I can help you post them.

areese
02-26-2009, 03:31 PM
It's generally decided by weight. If at a normal weight, your dog is at or under 11 pounds, it's a miniature. Over 15 (or is it 16...can't remember) is a standard. There's an inbetween area there that some people call tweenies but actually it's correct to call them small standards (as I was informed by all these conformation people I met at field trials).
Laika is from two miniatures, but at 12.5 pounds, she is a small standard.

lotsadox
02-26-2009, 09:35 PM
Amy's right. There are only two sizes of dachshunds. Standard and miniature. No such thing as a teenie dachshund. And it is decided by weight.

Otto'sMom
02-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Um....Jethro is a teenie doxie:hearts:

lotsadox
02-26-2009, 09:43 PM
Um....Jethro is a teenie doxie:hearts:

Jethro is special :hearts:

Tex
02-26-2009, 10:29 PM
I would have to guess that the "teenie" doxie choice was supposed to be "tweenie"? :dunno:

Otto'sMom
02-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Probably, someone in Kansas needs to go to photobucket and download her pics there so we can see these pups she's taunting us with:D

Jacqueline
02-27-2009, 12:39 AM
It's generally decided by weight. If at a normal weight, your dog is at or under 11 pounds, it's a miniature. Over 15 (or is it 16...can't remember) is a standard. There's an inbetween area there that some people call tweenies but actually it's correct to call them small standards (as I was informed by all these conformation people I met at field trials).
Laika is from two miniatures, but at 12.5 pounds, she is a small standard.

Daisy must be trying to be a standard, because she has put on weight. The vet's tech suggested she is fat. Daisy is indignant. Uh.....I think she is a tad fluffy, myself.

We really need some photos. They could be overweight minis at 12 pounds, or skinny standards at 12. Have you tried photobucket? Use the 640 size for the message board.