PDA

View Full Version : Buda 2009 - The Count

lotsadox
03-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Okay, we're about 6 weeks out from Buda 2009. Let's get a roll call so we can plan what we're going to do on Friday and Saturday nights. I'll start off.

James and Patrice

3 weens - Cash, Miller and the Uberdax Scooter.

Edit: Let's add approx. arrival times so we'll know when everyone's getting there.

We'll get there sometime in the late afternoon, early evening. Probably between 3 - 6 depending on when the DH leaves the office. :rolleyes:

Jen
03-10-2009, 09:44 AM
ME!

Just Jen, no pup. :sosad:

(have permission to borrow Frey Frey from Andrea - :woohoo:)

Due in at 3:30 on Friday at the Austin airport.

Still wanna go boot shopping one of the two nights! :)

Barb
03-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Barb and 3 weens, Rudy, Brandy, Toby River !

ETA - appx 4:00

lotsadox
03-10-2009, 09:45 AM
Cash would love to be "borrowed" :hearts: :hearts: as long as you rub his tummy. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jen
03-10-2009, 09:53 AM
I can do that! :D

I think Robyne and I would be happy to borrow pups--right roomie?

Barb
03-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Brandy wouldn't mind if her Auntie Jen or Auntie Robyne held HER 24/7 :D

Otto'sMom
03-10-2009, 10:09 AM
Me! With 4 pups (Jethro, Otto, Freydo, Trudy)
Please Barb, like Brandy wants anyone but Mommy to hold her.:rolleyes:

Barb
03-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Please Barb, like Brandy wants anyone but Mommy to hold her.:rolleyes:

LOL !!!! You are right.... but she needs to learn that everyone else is just as loving :hearts:
(maybe in not such a rushed setting....where "someone" just had to get to the gate !!!!) :crossfin: Hoping that Georgann will have time to make my sling - so I can see how that will do !!!

oceangirls
03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Me... pupless :sosad:... (but I get to share Linsey's boy(s) and feed them pancakes)

I haven't made reservations yet, but will be in sometime Friday (have all day off, so it will probably be midday)

Tex
03-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Barb, I'm going to finish your slings this Friday! Promise!!!

Headcount:

3 humans, 4 weens

Me, John, & my mom...Julie, Jax, Jenni, & mom's doxie Kacie

Mom is coming up sometime Friday, and we live here, so no arrival time needed!

I can get anyone from the airport (I don't work on Fridays), and will happily take anyone boot shopping :).

TheDoxieHaus
03-10-2009, 01:19 PM
I'll be there with the DH, Randy. We will be bringing our 2, Lola and Ries, and whatever fosters we have at the time, which is Colby and Albert as of today. So put us in for 4 pups!

We will be arriving late afternoon to early evening.

Barb
03-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Barb, I'm going to finish your slings this Friday! Promise!!!

GOOODIE !!! Just didn't want to rush you..... :hug99:

bsquared
03-10-2009, 03:21 PM
I can do that! :D

I think Robyne and I would be happy to borrow pups--right roomie?

Yep! I will be more than happy to borrow/spoil any pup or pups! :)

I'm coming to TX solo and my flight gets in at 5:25pm on Friday...and I fly back out on Monday morning.

Jen, I'm with you...I want to go boot shopping one night.

Linus
03-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Me!! Hopefully with 2 dogs.

(Piper is not yet ready to meet the masses...I would go crazy.)

Otto'sMom
03-10-2009, 09:04 PM
I'll take Darwin if you take Piper. He bites, with :hearts: love:rolleyes:

Jen
03-10-2009, 10:46 PM
I can get anyone from the airport (I don't work on Fridays), and will happily take anyone boot shopping :).

Yes please!! Zan was going to get Robyne and me but I'm getting in two hours earlier than Robyne and would rather not hang out at the airport.....and don't want to ask Zan to do two trips.

Boot shopping Fri night? Guess it depends when we do dinner, and where...

How much of Sat do you normally spend at Buda?

lotsadox
03-10-2009, 11:33 PM
We're usually at the park all day on Saturday. Then back to the hotel about 4 in time for a nap and to get ready for dinner. Friday night will probably be a get together at the hotel with snacks and/or dinner. It depends on what everyone wants to do.

oceangirls
03-10-2009, 11:42 PM
We get there pretty early on Saturday so we can claim the big area under the tree!! So the nap before dinner is a good thing! :thumbup:

lotsadox
03-11-2009, 12:03 AM
We get there pretty early on Saturday so we can claim the big area under the tree!! So the nap before dinner is a good thing! :thumbup:

Oh, yeah, gotta get there early We need our spot under the tree. I think last year we caravaned out at about 8:30. :shocked: So the dogs and I had a nice nap on Sat afternoon.

Tex
03-11-2009, 08:05 AM
Yes please!! Zan was going to get Robyne and me but I'm getting in two hours earlier than Robyne and would rather not hang out at the airport.....and don't want to ask Zan to do two trips.

Cool!!! Send me a pm when we get closer and remind me what time your flight comes in....my house is on Zandra's way to the airport, so maybe we can all meet up and shop or whatever! I'm totally open!

Rae
03-11-2009, 08:28 AM
I suck. I'm out. I do however have a room at the LQ if anyone needs it.

doxyzoo
03-11-2009, 08:30 AM

Their loss is MY GAIN. Woo hoo Paducah with Rae! Yae!

Tex
03-11-2009, 08:42 AM
That's it woman, you owe me some whiskey.....:sosad:

Rae
03-11-2009, 08:48 AM
I know, I know. Is it legal to ship Jim Beam Fed Ex?

Courtney
03-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Jen, what time is your flight in? I will be going down Friday morning to help with setup.

Jen
03-11-2009, 10:32 AM
Courtney, I'll be in around 3:30. Always happy to help set up, whatever is needed.

Early on Sat is no problem for me. I'm used to getting up at 6:00 am.

Rae, darn it, I was so looking forward to meeting you! Tex and I can have a whisky in your honor. :D

bsquared
03-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Early isn't a problem for me either...I'm usually up around 5:30 or 6am (this morning it was 4am...but that is another story)...AND it will be an hour behind EST so it will be like sleeping in for me. :cheer3:

I'm game for anything and always happy to help with whatever is needed.

Rae, I'm bummed too that you won't be there. :sosad: I'll have a drink of whiskey in your honor...I'll probably need it from the stress of flying. ;)

Is there anyone I can bribe/sweet talk/ plead with to take me back to the airport on Monday...Or i can just take a taxi. :)

Linus
03-11-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm taking Monday off of work (legitimately this year...ha!) so I can take people to the airport. Not a problem at all.

Tex
03-11-2009, 01:40 PM
I don't know if you can fed-ex whiskey, but I'm willing to find out!

It's official, we will have to have a whiskey toast in Rae's honor. Maybe if we do it at a specific time, Rae can join in via the DLC....

mistyleemom
03-11-2009, 02:28 PM
we will be at buda sat will be at my neice house on friday

oceangirls
03-11-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm taking Monday off of work (legitimately this year...ha!)

:rotfl::rotfl: Whatever do you mean?? :rotfl::rotfl:

I will probably have a car as well.

lotsadox
03-11-2009, 04:24 PM
You just had a bad case of Doxiemia and couldn't possibly go to work :cheer3: :cheer3:

Jen
03-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Oh yeah, going home. My plane leaves at 2:30 on Sunday so hopefully someone will be able to give me a ride around 1ish.

Bourbon Board entry re shipping liquor via Fedex:

Must of us play "don't ask don't tell" when it comes to shipping bourbon. It is against policy of FedEx, UPS and USPS to ship hard spirits (and may be against your state law). Just don't tell them what is in package and package it well and you should be fine.

Sophie and Lili's Mom
03-11-2009, 11:28 PM

Jen...I work 10 min. from the airport and will be at work. It is silly for Tex to come all the way from north Austin when I am right there. Your hotel is also only about 10 min. away. We can hang at your hotel or if you are sick you can come look at my classroom then we can go get Robyn.

Sophie and Lili's Mom
03-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Cool!!! Send me a pm when we get closer and remind me what time your flight comes in....my house is on Zandra's way to the airport, so maybe we can all meet up and shop or whatever! I'm totally open!

It makes total sense for me to get her Tex. I work about a mile south of the hotel... and I get off work just in time to get her. I am totally right there so no point in your driving all the way there...

Jen
03-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Maybe we could all hang out or shop or something until Robyne gets in. I can't check in right away as Robyne made the reservation for the hotel. But if others are there I could stash stuff in a room.

Sophie and Lili's Mom
03-11-2009, 11:45 PM
Maybe we could all hang out or shop or something until Robyne gets in. I can't check in right away as Robyne made the reservation for the hotel. But if others are there I could stash stuff in a room.

I'm good with that! If no one is there yet we can stash stuff in my classroom

Tex
03-12-2009, 07:31 AM
I'm good with whatever. I'll be here, and probably bored and overly excited....so just let me know who needs what, and I'll be there!

Kerie
03-16-2009, 01:16 AM
Wow, Buda is fast approaching and my husband and I are still taking it day by day in terms of whether he will lose his job. His company may be sold and he has a shot at working for the new company but they are keeping everyone hanging! I said I might go to Buda if we know for sure that he won't be out of work for long. So far we don't know anything :sosad: I doubt I would be able to bring Oscar to Buda. He travels very well by car but I do not!!!!!!!! He'd be way too disruptive on a plane and I would only fly with a dog if he could be in the main cabin (just my opinion).

Jen
03-16-2009, 09:49 PM
I'll be there dogless. I know there will be plenty I can borrow. :D It would be great if you could come Kerie!!

oceangirls
03-16-2009, 09:53 PM
I can't check in right away as Robyne made the reservation for the hotel. But if others are there I could stash stuff in a room.

You should still be able to check in, Jen. Have Robyne give you the confirmation number (or she could even call them and give them your name). I had reserved our room in 2007 and Linsey got there first & had no problem checking in.

Jen
03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Oh yeah, great idea! Oh wait, she already did! :duh:

So, what night are we having jello shots??

Rae
03-17-2009, 08:53 AM
need to cancel my room - does anybody need one before I do so?

Going once

Going twice....

bsquared
03-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Oh yeah, great idea! Oh wait, she already did! :duh:

I'll call the hotel and let them know you will most likely be checking in before me. And terrific question...when are the jello shots being done...'cause I'm ready NOW. :rotfl:

oceangirls
03-17-2009, 12:33 PM

Night?? We can't limit Jello shots just to night. That would be a travesty :sosad:. They go great with neutered and un-neutered brownies :)

bsquared
03-17-2009, 12:35 PM
Night?? We can't limit Jello shots just to night. That would be a travesty :sosad:. They go great with neutered and un-neutered brownies :)

Ummmm...what's a neutered and un-neutered brownie? Do tell because I :hearts: brownies.

lotsadox
03-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Ah, new accolytes. The neutered and unneutered brownies were great! Tex is your mom making them again?

BTW, it's with or without nuts :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

oceangirls
03-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Yup... with/without nuts :)

I can't take credit for the terminology, but think it is genius!

bsquared
03-17-2009, 01:10 PM
That terminology IS genius! I love it! Ooooh...I can't wait! Jello shots and brownies. Yummmmmmyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yolanda
03-17-2009, 05:15 PM
Plans had to change - no Buda for me this year.

I HAVE to go to GA in May and can not do both trips.

lotsadox
03-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Oh, no! I'm so sorry you won't be there this year, Yo. :pout:

Barb
03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Plans had to change - no Buda for me this year.

I HAVE to go to GA in May and can not do both trips.

OH NO - please say it ain't so.......

Jen
03-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Oh NO Yo! I was so hoping to get the chance to meet you and da Gooseman. :sorry:

Jacqueline
03-18-2009, 02:14 AM
I really would love to be there, but my year is being taken up with other things....not nearly so much fun. But I expect to see lots and lots of photos. Who has pups entered in the races? I would love to see Taffy, my little greyhound in disquise, run for win.

bsquared
03-18-2009, 12:49 PM
Oh NO Yo! I was so hoping to get the chance to meet you and da Gooseman. :sorry:

Ditto...ditto...ditto...

Yo, I'll be in Winchester, VA just after Buda...perhaps we could do a mini doxie-meetup. :) I think Fredericksburg is only about an hour away.

Yolanda
03-18-2009, 07:18 PM
Yes, I am about 80 miles form Winchester. That would be great if we could.

Yolanda
03-18-2009, 07:19 PM
Yes it is so but in the case I have to put work and family before FUN.

Barb
03-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Yes it is so but in the case I have to put work and family before FUN.

Completly understand !!! You will be missed and Mr. Gooseman will be too...so many of us wanted to smooch on him some :hearts:

Jen
03-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Who has pups entered in the races?

Excellent question Jacqueline. Who is racing?

And when you're dealing with a major medical issue, that comes first.

Otto'sMom
03-18-2009, 11:50 PM
I would LOVE to enter Jethro in the fun runs they hold. I think they have "special olympics" type stuff for "special" dogs. I'd gladly hug him at the end of his race. Hims been practicing runnin' and hims super fast. Hims also makes me talk like I'm the speshul one:duh:

mistyleemom
03-19-2009, 12:28 AM
misty and i are comeing

Tex
03-19-2009, 07:25 AM
I'm in charge of jello shots, and they are usually offered all weekend. I think we figured out last year that you can't "officially" have alcohol on the fair grounds, but we've done it before, and as long as we're not too loud and obnoxious, they leave us alone. Of course, we're usually pretty loud and obnoxious (in some people's opinions) when we're all sober!:duh:

That being said, jello shots come to the fair grounds via insulated cooler. I'm sure my mom will make brownies again! Neutered and un-neutered. (I prefer mine without nuts (pecans), but mom likes nuts in hers, so she makes both!) I don't remember who came up with the terminology for those, but it stuck!!! :D

We usually do a cooler with beverages too, some adult, some not.........

I'll put together a list of what all we take when it gets a little closer.

For anyone traveling down for the first time, beware, this is Texas weather you will be dealing with. Temps could range from 40 to 90 depending, and it may be sunny enough to burn your retinas, or raining....you just never know. Please pack accordingly, or bring some cash and hit the Wally World!!! Just a head's up.....

lotsadox
03-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Tex is right. I"m packing T's and flip flops and capris and also a sweatshirt, L/S T shirt, jeans and socks. You just never know. :dunno:

We'll start another thread closer to time with who is bringing what.

Otto'sMom
03-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Barb has already started her list:rotfl:

Barb
03-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Barb has already started her list:rotfl:

Hey, Pat Rice has too :D

Barb
03-19-2009, 09:36 AM
I would LOVE to enter Jethro in the fun runs they hold. I think they have "special olympics" type stuff for "special" dogs. I'd gladly hug him at the end of his race. Hims been practicing runnin' and hims super fast. Hims also makes me talk like I'm the speshul one:duh:

:appl: :appl: :appl: We NEED someone to root for !!!!! Doesn't Courtney normally enter a few of hers? I know she will be working the booth, but not sure if she will be able to enter.

lotsadox
03-19-2009, 09:53 AM
It's true! My list is well under way. I"m even putting a note on it to remind the DH to bring his shoes. :rotfl: :rotfl:

I can see how Jethro would make you talk like you ride the little bus. Hims just sooooo cute :hearts: :hearts:

I don't think Courtney usually runs hers at Buda because she's so busy working. But she might :crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin:

Jen
03-19-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm rooting for our Jethro! (:D volunteering to hold him at the starting line before releasing him to run to mom).

Barb
03-19-2009, 10:31 AM
I'm rooting for our Jethro! (:D volunteering to hold him at the starting line before releasing him to run to mom).

:Woot: We have a contender !!!!! He will have one big fan club (I can whistle really loud with my fingers !!!)

lotsadox
03-19-2009, 11:01 AM

Buda is very sophisticated. They have a starting gate :shocked:

Otto'sMom
03-19-2009, 11:14 AM
I've printed out the regristration forms. There was no statement on age requirements, that'd be my only concern.

Courtney
03-19-2009, 11:38 AM
I've thought about entering Thor because he's so fast in agility :rolleyes: but that would mean I have to bring him, and he's getting that weekend off because we're doing lots of agility up to and after it. And then I'd enter Po, but that would be just mean. :D I will probably bring Po though.

bsquared
03-19-2009, 12:00 PM
For anyone traveling down for the first time, beware, this is Texas weather you will be dealing with. Temps could range from 40 to 90 depending, and it may be sunny enough to burn your retinas, or raining....you just never know. Please pack accordingly, or bring some cash and hit the Wally World!!! Just a head's up.....

I'm a notorious overpacker. :) But, I'm planning to only bring a carryon bag with me so I may need to shop while I'm there. Oh darn....(don't slip on that sarcasm! haha :rotfl: ) If I can bring anything, please let me know. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself! :cheer3: :cheer3:

lotsadox
03-19-2009, 03:04 PM
You won't need to bring any doxie t shirts with you, Robyne. You can buy a ton of them at Buda. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Jen
03-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Please do bring Po, I'd love to meet him!!

Starting gates? Wow, that is schmancy!

oceangirls
03-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Po's a cutie. I got to hold his leash for a little while while his mom was working :cheer3:

Otto'sMom
03-19-2009, 09:47 PM
I've got the check ready, going to the vet's tomorrow to get his shot records and am mailing it off :D
Gonna go on cafe press and see about making a CAPTAIN JETHRO MONKEYPANTS shirt and his supporters can get one:rotfl: (Barb's shirt is gonna say Captain Jethro Sausage Lips Monkeypants. Her idea was to tempt him with that, but they don't allow food in the arena. So we're just gonna lube him up to decrease wind resistance)

ebmw1975
03-19-2009, 11:29 PM
I may have to get a Cap't Monkeypants shirt even tho the DAH and doctors are preventing my Buda trip :(:sosad:
I also may send some $ to someone to buy me a pocketbook, as I need another doxie one, and maybe some other stuff too :) And I will be DEMANDING TONS of pics and stories as well. I am just so sad :sosad:

Otto'sMom
03-19-2009, 11:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/designalldll.jpg

Barb
03-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Captain Monkeypants RULES !!! :Woot: FUN !!!

Otto'sMom
03-20-2009, 12:16 AM
We probably won't even qualify, but I just want to do it for fun, and to have everyone shout GO JETHRO!!!

bsquared
03-20-2009, 08:34 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v289/Anewborg/designalldll.jpg

If I buy the shirt, will I look like the girl modeling it?! :rotfl:

Brooke! I'm so bummed you won't be there. :sosad:

Tex
03-20-2009, 08:42 AM
If I buy the shirt, will I look like the girl modeling it?! :rotfl:

My thoughts exactly!!!!

I don't think there is a specific age requirement. As long as they are old enough to have had all of their shots, they can race. I've seen some pretty cute widdle puppies entered before...I can't wait to root for Captain Jethro Monkeypants!!!

lotsadox
03-20-2009, 09:00 AM
Go, Jethro! Go, Jethro! :Woot:

Okay, just practicing. I"m going to definitely have to have a T shirt :thumbup:

Barb
03-20-2009, 09:27 AM
If Captain Monkeypants qualifies or not, wins or not , he WILL have the biggest fan base made up of adoring aunties and uncas yelling their brains out for him !!!!

(Pat Rice - you crack me up..... just practicing :D )

And errrrrrr, I want to look like that girl modeling the shirt too !!!!! At least that size, anyhoo :rolleyes:

Otto'sMom
03-20-2009, 12:24 PM
I bet that model's thighs have never touched, even when her legs are closed. Ewwww.

ebmw1975
03-20-2009, 09:44 PM
I am going to be BEGGING my Dr to let me go, as I have a airline voucher that will pay for most if not all of my flight, and I know I can stay with Z or somewhere, and I know the DAH would love to stay at the house with the boys, and as long as I am not here, then thats fine. I will just take "stuff" to store at my mom's till I am back.
So everyone keep your :crossfin: , and prayers said, and whatever else can be done. I will even tell the Dr I will come in the week I get home and wont fuss about any shots or how many or whatever she needs to do, and I will even do PT if she demands it LOL.

Jen
03-20-2009, 09:51 PM
:crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin: you can come Brooke.

Andrea, can we get the shirt in black? For those of us whose thighs not only touch, but rub....

Otto'sMom
03-20-2009, 09:54 PM
I bet you can. You can order it on any shirt.

Barb
03-20-2009, 09:55 PM
:crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin: you can come Brooke.

Andrea, can we get the shirt in black? For those of us whose thighs not only touch, but rub....

Jen - I looked back at the link, and it looks like it is only offered in the pastel type colors, and white. My thighs rub together too.... I don't think they have ever been apart, much less never touched :( I got white. Just read Andrea's reply - maybe those colors are just THAT shirt and you can find a shirt that offers it in black. Sorry for sticking my nose in....

Otto'sMom
03-20-2009, 10:02 PM
Just pick a different shirt style, and you'll have to change the text color.

Jen
03-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Cool!! Thanks, Andrea.

Tex
03-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Oh Brooke, it would be SO awesome if you could make it!!!:crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin:

lotsadox
03-20-2009, 10:31 PM
:crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin: That you can make it, Brooke :cheer3: :cheer3: