PDA

View Full Version : Prayers and Rays for tomorrow! Update #12

LUVMYGUNNER
03-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Gunner will have his 4 week check up tomorrow, please sent prayers and rays, so he has a good check up. Also for a save trip. I do not like traveling on I-10.
We think he is doing realy good. He pee pee'd yesterday and hiked his one leg-that was good.
Doing good on his weight loss also..... he basically walks out of his crate, to go outside now--so we have to watch him a little, so he doesn't take of for the door, when we take him out. His tail wags a mile a minute.

lotsadox
03-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Sending tons of travel and good checkup :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Although it doesn't sound like he'll need the rayz for his checkup. It sounds like he's doing great :thumbsup:

LUVMYGUNNER
03-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Patricia we are pleased at how good he is doing, but you never know what the neuro expects.

areese
03-10-2009, 11:09 PM
I am very sure they will say he is doing GREAT!!!!
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a safe trip.

Patt
03-10-2009, 11:55 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Gunner and a good checkup. You have done a terrific job looking after him, so don't worry everything will be fine.

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for a safe trip.

Be sure to give us an update when you return.

Rileybugg
03-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Lots and lots :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Lisa
03-11-2009, 07:34 AM
:crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin: but he sounds like he is doing awesome!

Tex
03-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Safe travel :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and I'm sure he'll do great at his check up!

Mama S.
03-11-2009, 07:55 AM
I-10 on this side of the country isn't much better so travel safely and get a great check up!!!!

bsquared
03-11-2009, 08:38 AM
Sending mucho :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: !!!!!

bittyup
03-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Hope its not to late for Good check up rayz and safe travel rayz:bigrayz: :bigrayz: . :hearts: :hearts:

LUVMYGUNNER
03-11-2009, 08:18 PM
:woonana: Gunner has been discharged from the neuro's care. He said Gunner can also be of crate rest but....we are going to do 8 weeks.
He is still a little weak on his legs, but that is expected. We now have to walk him 4-5 times a day, for 5 minutes at a time--if he does well, then we do 10 minutes. He doesn't need water therapy or accupuncture.
He lost 2.2 lbs so far and lost 2 inches of his girth.
I told him what supplements I'm giving and he thought that was good.
Thanks for the Prayers and the rays.
Gunner loves you all.:love9:

areese
03-11-2009, 08:29 PM
I knew it!!!! Walking is gonna make a big difference to his strength, just wait and see!!! He'll be running soon :) And with the weight off he's gonna feel like a puppy!
:banana20:

lotsadox
03-11-2009, 08:31 PM
:woonana: Since he's going to be walking, he won't need hydrotherapy. He'll get those legs moving just by walking around. Great news, Irma :cheer3: :cheer3:

Barb
03-11-2009, 09:21 PM
YAY !!!! That is an awesome report !!!! You have done such a good job with his recovery, I know he will continue to progress quickly !!! GOOOO GUNNER !

LUVMYGUNNER
03-11-2009, 09:34 PM
I do have to say the first 2 weeks after surgery were awful, we got up every 2 hrs, to let him out. Once we had a scheduel it got better and better.

Jen
03-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Wonderful news Irma! Continued :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Gunner!

Sophie and Lili's Mom
03-11-2009, 11:35 PM
:woonana: Gunner has been discharged from the neuro's care. He said Gunner can also be of crate rest but....we are going to do 8 weeks.
He is still a little weak on his legs, but that is expected. We now have to walk him 4-5 times a day, for 5 minutes at a time--if he does well, then we do 10 minutes. He doesn't need water therapy or accupuncture.
He lost 2.2 lbs so far and lost 2 inches of his girth.
I told him what supplements I'm giving and he thought that was good.
Thanks for the Prayers and the rays.
Gunner loves you all.:love9:

Wonderful news!!!!!

Patt
03-11-2009, 11:54 PM
:wow: that is one outstanding update. Hooray for Gunner. :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

I'm am so happy for you and Gunner. Good job Irma! :appl:

Rileybugg
03-12-2009, 04:43 AM
Great news! Good job, Mom!!!

Alex's Mom
03-12-2009, 06:29 AM
:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Irma!!! You're doing such a great job! :hug99:

bittyup
03-12-2009, 07:14 AM
:party2:Go Gunner :party1:Go Gunner :appl1:Go Gunner :thumbsup: Good job Mom!

Lisa
03-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Fantastic update! :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

Tex
03-12-2009, 07:28 AM
What a wonderful update!!!:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

LUVMYGUNNER
03-12-2009, 09:57 PM
I'm going to order the "fee and easy" supplement for him tomorrow and also a wild salmon oil and start giving him that. This way I don't look like a pharmacy with all the supplements/herbs I have sitting in the kitchen. :)

Patt
03-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Irma, here's a supplement for your consideration. Vetri-Disc (back support formula) capsules, I give one daily to the Doxies.

LUVMYGUNNER
03-13-2009, 09:43 AM
Patt thats a good one also that you posted.
This is the one I found on an IVDD web page. What I like about it is that it has Glucosamine, MSM and Hyaluronic Acid all in one. Those 3 are real essential for back and knee problems. I found on dodgerslist where they recommented those 3 items and I have done a lot of research in it. This way I don't have to give to many vitamins--this has everything in one. :)

Dogs
Description:
Our most popular product ever! Free and Easy is designed to provide complete nutritional support for joints, cartilage and ligaments, combined with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory nutrients. This concentrated product contains no fillers. This product helps prevent arthritis, hip dysplasia, joint pain and cartilage degeneration. We guarantee satisfaction and will refund your purchase price if you are not happy with the results. Many repeat customers order the smaller size initially but subsequently order the larger 2 lb. economy size on their future orders. That is a sign of customer satisfaction!

Read the 10 reasons to buy Free & Easy

Read Testimonials and Success Stories

Ingredients:

Calcium Ascorbate (as Ester C), Gelatin, Calcium Heptahydrate (natural unrefined mined source with a spectrum of minerals), Chondroitin, Hyaluronic Acid, Glucosamine, Sulfur, Yucca, Una de Gato (Cat's Claw), Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Amino Acid Chelates of Zinc, Manganese and Copper.

Chondroitin 4750 mg. per oz. (170 mg per gram)

Glucosamine 300 mg. per oz. (11 mg. per gram)

Ester C is a buffered form of vitamin C that is "body ready" and 4 times more available to the tissues than ordinary vitamin C, which is highly acidic. In Ester C, the acid is buffered with calcium and processed to contain threonate, a metabolite which dramatically enhances absorption. Although animals can manufacture Vitamin C in their bodies under ordinary conditions, stresses such as heavy exercise, injuries or respiratory problems increase the demand for C. An important component of collagen or connective tissue, Ester CŪ functions as a chondroprotective, anti-inflammatory and immunoresponsive substance. Ester CŪ is the king of Vitamin C products!

MSM Methylsulfonylmethane) is a naturally occurring sulfur compound found in every cell of the body. It has a vitamin-like normalizing influence on body functions. MSM is considered a potentiator of most vitamins and other nutrients, such as vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, all B- vitamins, vitamin A, D & E, amino acids, selenium, calcium, magnesium and many others. MSM improves the cellular uptake of these nutrients, and prolongs their lives. The body can better utilize the nutrients, and taking dietary supplements is more efficient. Supplementing the diet with additional sulfur ensures the body's ability to synthesize collagen for connective tissue health, maintain membrane flexibility and promote cell regeneration. MSM is a strong antioxidant, capableof binding and inactivating free radicals. Pets who suffer from arthritis often benefit greatly from MSM. Several studies have shown that supplementation of MSM, significantly reduced joint degeneration and inflammation.

Gelatin provides an excellent source of the proteins and nutrients needed for formation of collagen and connective tissues.

Calcium Carbonate (heptahydrate) acts as a buffer for acid in the animals system. Our calcium source is actually calcium heptahydrate or geyser exudate, and contains a full spectrum of completely unrefined natural minerals in addition to calcium.

Chondroitin is also produced in cartilage. It is important for bone integrity and has an anti-inflammatory effect, as well as preventing destructive enzymes from breaking down joint tissue and hyaluronic acid. MPS's contribute to elasticity of blood vessels, and chondroitin negatively charges blood platelets and cells which prevents clumping and clotting in the arteries. This response is of major assistance to race horses and all pets under stress. MPS's have also been discovered to have growth stimulating effects, to improve movement of white blood cells, and to increase resistance to viral and bacterial infection.

Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic Acid is produced in a normal, healthy cartilage matrix in the joints. Hyaluronic acid has a critical function: to provide lubrication. This slippery and viscous substance prevents rapid erosion of the articular cartilage and the surfaces of the femoral head and the acetabulum. A membrane called the synovial membrane lines the inside of the joint capsule, providing further isolation of the joint space. Should the synovial membrane become injured or ruptured, white blood cells release enzymes and oxygen radials (free radicals) that attack and destroy hyaluronic acid. When this occurs, the loss of HA reduces the lubrication that prevents friction and limits erosion of the articular cartilage. Oral supplementation assists tile body in production of this important lubricating fluid, which is one of the GAG's. Hyaluronic acid is necessary for the production of healthy synovial joint fluid.

Glucosamine
Glucosamine is a precursor molecule for chondroitin and other mucopolysaccharides MPS's or glycosaminoglycans (GAG's). These modified sugar chain substances react with collagen and elastin to maintain the structure of joints, arteries, heart, brain, skin and other tissues, and they are the basis of cartilage as well. So, GAG's and MPS's maintain the elastic or gel nature of tissues. Glucosamine is also a precursor for hyaluronic acid, making up 50% of the acid.

Sulpher
Sulfur is a mineral important to the synthesis of collagen and elastin, and contributes to the flexibility of cells. This flexibility allows toxins and fluids to pass through, alleviating pressure build-up and inflammation in joints. Sulfur is the fourth most plentiful mineral in the body, and is highly volatile in feeds, so dogs benefit dramatically from bioavailable sulfur supplementation.

Yucca
Yucca contains high concentrations of steroid saponins, which are similar to cortisone, without the side effects. Research has correlated the development of arthritis to toxic wastes in the colon, and yucca has shown impressive results in the preventing the formation of these toxins.

Uno De Gato - Cat's Claw
Una de Gato or Cat's Claw is a powerful Amazon botanical that has been revered as an anti-inflammatory substance and antioxidant for generations. Modern research has isolated a number of organic compounds called alkyloids which assist the body in disposing of harmful microorganisms and cellular debris and inhibiting platelet aggregation. In vitro studies prove Cat's Claw to be a powerful antioxidant, scavenging the free radicals (by -products of exercise and cellular metabolism) that contribute to degenerative disease including arthritis.

Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is also called "medicine plant" for its' soothing properties internally and externally. Aloe is high in Vitamin C, amino acids, enzymes, and contains potassium, calcium, sodium, manganese, magnesium, silicon, iron, lithium and copper. A great digestive aid, aloe is healing to the stomach and beneficial for ulcers as well.

Amino Acid Chelates of Zinc, Manganese and Copper
These minerals are important in the body's production of superoxide dismutase. SOD is an enzyme essential for proper functioning of the immune system and for the prevention of free radical formation. Extensive research has proven the benefits of SOD in relief of arthritic conditions. Manganese and copper in particular are essential for the production of GAG's and collagen formation. Dynamite's amino acid chelated minerals are patented formulations which are proven to have superior absorption over the proteinate, oxide or sulfate forms. Chelation also protects minerals from negative interaction with other nutrients.

Directions, Hints and Other Cool Stuff
Therapeutic Use ..............10 lbs. and under - 1 gram (1/4 tsp) for every 3 lbs.
Therapeutic Use ..............Over 10 lbs.1 gram (1/4 tsp) for every 6 lbs.

Maintenance Use...............10 lbs. and under - 1 gram (1/4 tsp) for every 5 lbs.
Maintenance Use ..............Over 10 lbs. - 1 gram (1/4 tsp) for every 9 lbs.

We use pure enzyme-extracted forms of chondroitin and glucosamine, instead of the sulfate (extracted with sulfuric acid) or hydrochloride (extracted with muriatic acid) forms used by other companies.
Jim's intention in creating this product: it must be a holistic formulation, it must cause no harm, it must remove toxins and free radicals.
L. Phillips Brown, DVM, Intercal Research Veterinarian, says "Dynamite's Free and Easy is the most synergistic joint formulation on the market."
Paul R. Bruton, DVM, says " In my 15 years of practice, I've used Cosequin, Synoflex, Arthroflex, FlexFree (and many other 'flexes'), Adequan and Legend. None compares cost wise or gives as consistently good results as Dynamite's Free and Easy".

Available Sizes
8 oz. Container ....................................... $33.85 + $4.75 shipping = $38.60
2 lb. Container ........................................ $91.10 + $8.50 shipping = $99.60

Additional Products to help your dog live a healthy and disease free life:
Dyna Pro for Dogs
Free and Easy for Dogs
Herbal Green for Dogs
Hiscorbadyne for Dogs
Showdown for Dogs
Longevity Pack

Order Page

Order Free & Easy Safe Shopping Guarantee Testimonials FAQ

Barb
03-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Irma - do you have the link to where you are ordering this supplement from? There are several ingredients that I already give, but others that WOULD be good !!!

LUVMYGUNNER
03-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Here is the link:
http://www.yourdoghealth.com/freeandeasy.htm

at the bottom is a place you click on to order.
I just want to get a supplement where everything is in it. A lot of pills have fillers, and this doesn't.
I would order the sample pack first--then the 8 oz. It sounds like a lot of money but when you separate each on indivitual and figure at least 8-10 dollars for each supplement. Then that is a lot of money to.
For a dog with no back problems you would use the maintenance--so it goes a long way.
There are 15 separate supplements in there, so the cost in the indivitual purchase would be high