PDA

View Full Version : Evil Laika, Bad Mom

areese
02-16-2006, 04:36 PM
This was one of the dumbest things I've done in awhile....:(
Last night Laika was in rare form. She's a really....busy dog. So she was busy getting into things and I was working on the newsletter for the art association I am a member of. Rob decided to go out to the barn and get some things we need to take on vacation. (we are going to Florida next Wednesday!!!!). So the dogs wanted to watch him walk out there (much excitement!) and Owen was on the favorite viewing chair at the dining room table. So of course Laika can't SHARE a chair with Owen so she got up on the table! So I see this dog standing on the table and like an idiot, I said, Laika get down and of course, for once in her life, she obeys me and LEAPS ALL THE WAY DOWN from the table to the floor. I almost had a heart attack. She's fine.....but it scared me so bad and it was my own fault. I thought she'd get down the way she got up, using a chair. It's about 30 inches from the table to the floor. Geez...

Jen
02-16-2006, 05:30 PM
What a fright for you!! I'm so glad she's ok, they are too brave for their own good, aren't they?

Frzframe
02-16-2006, 05:42 PM
Glad she didn't hurt herself and don't worry I think I would have done the same thing you did. :shocked:

oceangirls
02-16-2006, 06:29 PM
that's a dachshund all right. I'm glad she's fine, and you are NOT a bad mom!

Angel likes to climb up on the back of the leather chair, and then thinks nothing of doing her little "sit up and wave my paws at you for attention" thing. I have to watch her:shocked: . She is also not even remotely afraid of heights.

Lisa
02-16-2006, 06:54 PM
OMG, what a total I would freak too :scared1:. You're not a bad Mom, happy to hear she is alright!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Did you double check to make sure where you're staying in Florida has internet? You're going without the DLC are you? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have a wonderful vacation! :island: :dolphin: :island:

JanUet
02-16-2006, 06:55 PM
Casey thinks he is Superman half the time.....Can leap from the highest point and scare the beejesus outta Mommie.... It's Super Casey! I swear he is gonna be the death of me!!!

Height is not a Fear that Casey understands.
Glad to hear that Wonder Woman Laika is okay and did not even break a nail.

Yolanda
02-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Oh my something like that would really freak me out. Glad to red she is OK.

areese
02-16-2006, 09:04 PM
OMG, what a total I would freak too :scared1:. You're not a bad Mom, happy to hear she is alright!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Did you double check to make sure where you're staying in Florida has internet? You're going without the DLC are you? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Have a wonderful vacation! :island: :dolphin: :island:

I am staying at my sister's and she definitely has internet. cable internet, too, so I can see the pictures so much faster than I can here!!!!!
I'll be checking in I think :)
Wonder how it will be with five dogs in the house....my two weeners, and she has a greyhound, husky/shepherd mix, and a new rescue JRT...

jenfer
02-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Whew. I am glad everything is ok.

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-17-2006, 12:46 AM
Oh my something like that would really freak me out. Glad to red she is OK.

I know I would have been scared to death too!

Nancy
02-17-2006, 08:20 AM
Laika, you gotta slow down girl, you're going to give mom a heart attack! VERY happy to hear she is fine!

Alex's Mom
02-17-2006, 08:27 AM
I swear they do it on purpose sometimes!!! Would have scared me to death too...you're NOT a bad mom!!! Who can understand what goes through their furry little brains half the time? SO glad that she's OK...now that your heart has started beating again...LOL

lotsadox
02-17-2006, 10:14 AM
I"m glad that Laika is okay and you've recovered. I had a similar thing happen when I first got Miller. The DH walks in the kitchen and Miller, who has submissive peeing problems, is on the breakfast table. He doesn't think just says "MILLER" and of course it scares Miller and he pees on my breakfast table. Eeeeewwww! Then leaps off the table directly to the tile floor! :shocked: He was fine, but it took me a little while to recover.

Rae
02-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Patrice that is hilarious. You DID make DH clean the table reeeeeeeal well,right?

Jacqueline
02-17-2006, 11:24 AM
So I see this dog standing on the table and like an idiot, I said, Laika get down and of course, for once in her life, she obeys me and LEAPS ALL THE WAY DOWN from the table to the floor. I almost had a heart attack. She's fine.....but it scared me so bad and it was my own fault. I thought she'd get down the way she got up, using a chair. It's about 30 inches from the table to the floor. Geez...

You know that they all choose their moments for when to obey us....for the maximum Scare My Mom to Death potential :rotfl:

Just a word of advice for your trip down here to Florida....make sure you close the door behind you when you leave the cold weather....don't bring it with you. :boogie: :boogie: We are back to Paradise weather....enjoy your trip.

Bella's Mom
02-17-2006, 02:53 PM
They do love to scare us half to death. Glad she's okay...these dachsies.