PDA

View Full Version : Am I starving her?

jenfer
02-16-2006, 09:17 PM
I have been doing good for the past week... I did not share my dinner with Gigi at all. I let her sit and look at me eat with those sad sad eyes, but I didn't give in and give her a bite. Anyway, I don't know I am feeding her too little or it's just a habit for her that she gets "too excited" when I am eating. Last nite she had her dinner in like 5 seconds and then when I was preparing my dinner, she was there in the kitchen (obviously)... then when I ate she actually whines and "sit pretty" rather than just sitting. Well, I am not overly concern, but I can't tell whether I am starving her. She gets 1/4 cup kibbles in the morning and 2 medallions at nite. She usually get some treats and kong if I am not home. But she ALWAYS acts like she is hungry when someone is eating. :scratch:

K2
02-16-2006, 09:28 PM
But she ALWAYS acts like she is hungry when someone is eating. :scratch:

Um....she is a Dachshund~they're ALWAYS hungry!!! I'm sure you're not starving her. Stay strong!!

Lisa
02-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Nope Jen, you're not starving her....she is just being a DIVA DOXIE. Just watch her weight and make sure she is not losing any.

jennie_c_d
02-16-2006, 09:56 PM
If she didn't act hungry, I'd worry about her:)

Mine are gonna STARVE to death if their behavior is any indication.

JanUet
02-16-2006, 10:17 PM
No Worries FUR! It's just the Law of Doxie Land! :rotfl:

I don't share with Sophie or Casey anymore...they beg, whine and do the little gimme some food dance. My heart sinks when I look at them. But I have to be Strong!............or eat in the Bathroom.

Yolanda
02-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Nope she is not starving - she is a Doxie Queen.

Patt
02-17-2006, 12:28 AM
Don't pay attention to her Diva antics, keep your eyes on her little body. That would be a sure way to tell if she is 'starving' or not. I know it is difficult but I know you can do it!

Nancy
02-17-2006, 08:24 AM
or eat in the Bathroom.

:rotfl: IN THE BATHROOM!?! too funny!

Molly used to beg when I ate dinner, but she stopped as soon as she realized she wasnt going to get one morsel of human food!

Alex's Mom
02-17-2006, 08:43 AM
But I have to be Strong!............or eat in the Bathroom.

And that would save you??? :rotfl: Don't worrie, she's behaving quite normally! Alex scarfs her food down in 5 minutes (I swear, when she was eating kibble, not one piece ever was chewed! Now she's on meat, it's slowed her down...marginally!), and then says "that was a good appetizer, mom. Hey!! Why are you eating "my" main course???" Maxe always sucked in her cheeks, and lay down to beg, eyes half closed..."I'm so weak with starvation, I can't even stand. The only thing that'll save me is a bite from mom's plate" :please: Nope, I'd say situation normal! And if you're resisting, you're a much better woman than I :rotfl:

Rae
02-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Paula, you crack me up. thanks for the visual. :rotfl:

lotsadox
02-17-2006, 10:01 AM
She's a dachshund! :banana: When I had Bogart on a diet because he was 17 lbs (should be 12 -13 like he is now) he did the same thing. He actually barked at us when we were eating! He gradually got used to getting less food and is better now, but he still watches us and will sometimes whine or bark. You can't let someone eat without at least trying to get some!:hula1:

Jen
02-17-2006, 10:09 AM
I agree, she's a typical doxie! Do you feed her first or do you eat first? Pack order being important, we always eat first, then Tasha, and that way, even if she doesn't get food from the table, she does get food after we've eaten. If you're feeding Gi first you could try eating first yourself!

jenfer
02-17-2006, 11:44 AM
She eats before I do. I may try to eat first, but my schedule is all weird, so sometimes I want to feed her first.

She "acts" (or for real?) like she is starving all the time. I could see it if I am home from work and she hasn't eaten in 10-12 hours.

Bella's Mom
02-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Yep, she's just being a typical Dachsie Diva. :D Bella does it all the time too! You would think I never feed her... :rolleyes: