PDA

View Full Version : Westminster Dog Show

BethMH
02-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Did anyone see the CNN news report tonight on the dachshund? I cannot remember the woman's name, but she quit the corporate world so many years ago and started a dog training business in her home. Now she's got a doxie who was in the Westminster Dog Show. He was so cute. And they showed him in the ring with a bunch of other doxies all running around on their leads. It was cool to see them feature a weiner dog in their story. I just happened to be channel surfing and hit CNN just at the moment they started the story.

Yolanda
02-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Yes!!, I saw, the same news clip. It was a wonderfully well done piece.

Sophie and Lili's Mom
02-17-2006, 12:27 PM
did you see the actual show on USA? The commentator said that "the Dachshund people call this dog the stripped doxie" when they showed the Brindle. I am on a preformance dachshund list (for Earthdog, Field Trials and Agility) and oh my is there a fuss being made about how much of an idiot he is...

Yolanda
02-17-2006, 12:43 PM
" ....the Dachshund people call this dog the stripped doxie ..."

Yes, I did hear the comment -- it showed his stupidty. Not that it will do any good but I sent an e-mail to the WKC regarding it. I bet Alice Love (the doxies owner) was livid and lodged a complaint.