PDA

View Full Version : I will see you at the bridge sweet girl

squirrel818
02-17-2006, 04:53 PM
I have posted here before about my dear friend Roxanne's 14 year old chi/ rat terrier mix Cocoa. She went to the bridge on wednesday morning :( I am so heartbroken. She was such a sweet sassy girl and I loved her so very much. Roxanne can barely get out of bed.
She has had and currently has other dogs that she loves beyond reason( she is a very special , loving human) but Cocoa was her soul mate. I feel terrible for her and I can't even imagine what she is feeling like right now. I haven't lost a dog since I was a child. I try to avoid thinking abou the inevitable when it comes to the wieners and Cocoas death has really brought that home for me. Their lives are just to short.
If you could spare some prayers and good thoughts for my dear friend I would be forever grateful. I want to send her something to let her know I'm thinking of her and that I'm sad for her but I'm not sure what is appropriate?I will email her a copy of the rainbow bridge poem however, I don't think she has ever seen it. I really just want to hug my puppers and bawl like a baby.

Jen
02-17-2006, 04:59 PM
Oh Amy, my heart goes out to you and Roxanne. It is not fair, we love our furkids so much, and they never live long enough. Tasha is my first dog, and I know what lies ahead will be so tough....still, it is worth it to have the wonderful time we do get to share with them, even if we find it to be much too short. :bighug:

oceangirls
02-17-2006, 05:03 PM
I'm so sorry Amy!! There is nothing in the world like losing one of our little innocents. Please tell Roxanne we are thinking of her and understand her (and your) pain. In time, happy memories will replace some of the pain.

Anything you send her would be appropriate, because she knows you understand her loss. The Rainbow Bridge poem is a very nice idea. Helping her create a memorial (pictures or otherwise) is another thought if she's interested.

I really just want to hug my puppers and bawl like a baby.

Go ahead!

quavec
02-17-2006, 05:15 PM
Oh Amy! Big :bighug: to you and Roxanne. My heart goes out to you both.

Yolanda
02-17-2006, 06:20 PM
Amy,

My heart goes out to Roxanne. Loosing one of our cherised friends is so hard. Tell her it is OK to grieve a little. Then put Cocoa's memory in her heart and smile everytime she thinks about the joyful life they shared.

My favorite poem is A Prayer at the Bridge. I had Lisa post it to the top of this section as a sticky posting. If she were my friend, would print it off and put it in a nice frame with Cocoa's picture.

JanUet
02-17-2006, 06:51 PM
Oh Amy,
My heart is just breaking for your friend Roxanne. Please tell her that she is in our thoughts and :pray:ers.
Yolanda's suggestion is perfect.
By all means....go hug your pupperz :hearts:

Helen
02-17-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. You mentioned that she can hardly get out of bed, so maybe you could go visit her over the weekend and help take care of her dogs. Maybe take them on a nice long walk, encourage her to come with you and get some fresh air? Whatever you decide will be appreciated, I'm sure.
Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that she gets through this.

BethMH
02-17-2006, 07:21 PM
Dear Amy,

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend during this very difficult time. I agree - our puppers' time here with us is much too short. I had my first furr baby two weeks shy of his 16th birthday. His passing was the most difficult thing I have ever faced in my life. I never thought I would get over it. Thank God Rueben came into my life. He helped my healing process and I cannot believe almost 3 years have gone by since my Beamer had to leave me and my little Rueben came along.

I am sure most of us, if not all of us, know the pain and sorrow she is feeling right now. It breaks my heart to know that someone is going through such grief.

We are all praying for her and her sweet angel Cocoa, and we hope she can begin the healing process soon.

God Bless Cocoa and all puppers around the world who have crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

squirrel818
02-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Yolanda I love your suggestion, I think I will do that. I have a nice picture of Cocoa from the christmas before last. Helen, I would love to visit her this weekend but she lives in Wisconsin :(

Goob
02-17-2006, 07:34 PM
:hug99: Awwwwe I'm sure she'll really enjoy the Rainbow Bridge poem. I'm so sorry.

Alex's Mom
02-18-2006, 10:31 AM
Amy, Alex and I are lighting a :candle3: for your friend and her little girl. It's always so hard when they cross the bridge...the unthinkable inevitable, as a vet friend of mine says. I've lost horses, cats and dogs, and it NEVER gets easier!!!! When Maxe crossed, having Alex was the only comfort I could find. When she crosses, I can't even begin to think how I'm going to deal with it. She truly is my soul mate dog too...we've been through so much together. I get teary just thinking about it.

Among my group of friends here, all of whom are dog/horse people, the tradition when one of our furkids crosses, is to give a frame and a card. We often have a little celebration in memory of them as well at the same time. It's good to be able to cry together sometimes.

A huge :gphug: for both of you. I firmly believe that they'll all be waiting for us when we cross the bridge ourselves. And if they aren't, well, then I'm not going!

Rae
02-18-2006, 01:27 PM
Oh Amy am so sorry to hear it. Losing a loved one, human or furry, is always the pits.

When my sister lost her mini pom last year she just about lost her mind. I had a picture of the two of them together and photoshopped it on to the rainbow bridge poem and gave it to her in a frame, and of course she loves it.

She almost made a shrine, but Mom and I had an intervention and went over there and now it is just the poem/photo with a littl shelf under it and a candle.

:bighug: to you and Roxanne and :candle: for Cocoa that she made it safely to the bridge. I hear there is no more pain or parting there.

You are a good friend, Amy. Rox is lucky to have you.

Nancy
02-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Amy,

I am very sorry to hear of your friends loss. I think the Rainbow Bridge poem is such a wonder idea to give to her.

Big hug to the both of you!

lotsadox
02-19-2006, 01:10 AM
Amy, I'm so sorry that Roxanne has lost her beloved Cocoa. There is really nothing that anyone can say at a time like this. We all have to grieve in our own way. I like the idea of visiting and caring for her dogs for her. The idea of printing the poem and framing it with a picture of Cocoa is a nice idea, too.

Sadly our little one time here on earth is limited and much too short. :bighug: to you and :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Roxanne.