PDA

View Full Version : Nan Hoolahan.

DoubleDaxiTrouble
04-15-2009, 01:25 PM
Will's Dad called last night to tell him his Nan had passed. His Mom didn't make it quite in time, just barely missed her... But at least she is home.

I've never met the lady, but I have heard a lot about her. She is a typical, cast iron Newfie grandmother, and like I told Will she is probably up in Heaven, kicking @ss and taking names, demanding to see the Big Guy. :rotfl:

My heart goes out to his family. I have never lost a friend, or a relative, not yet... Only my dog. I felt the grief would destroy me... I can't imagine what it must be like to lose your mother.

:hug99: to the Osmond family.

bsquared
04-15-2009, 02:22 PM
I'm so sorry! Nan sounds like my Gram Sullivan; no doubt Nan is up there with my Gram Sullivan and they are sharing some good jokes and Gram is showing Nan the ropes. :hug99:

vferraro99
04-15-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that. At least it was expected, so it's :sosad: , but not a surprise.

Many :hug99: :hug99: to you and Will.

oceangirls
04-15-2009, 05:00 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Nan :(. She sounds like a very special lady.

:candle:

Rae
04-15-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm sorry for you family's loss. Every time a family member dies, it's like a little bit of history vanishes.

But I am glad to know she's kicking heavenly hiney. :)

Mama S.
04-15-2009, 05:33 PM
You can bet there was a short lil German woman who greeted her with a spit and vinegar attitude! Hugs and peace to your honey and his family!

bittyup
04-15-2009, 07:34 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Nan. She sounds like quite a lady. Sounds like my grandma. My condolences to you and your family:bighug:

SusanF
04-15-2009, 09:38 PM
Sending my sincere sympathy in the loss of Wills Nan. Its never easy whether a human or a furbabe. The pain and sense of loss is difficult but Will can be comforted by the fact that Nan is with all our loved ones kicking a__ is heaven!!:hug99:

Alex's Mom
04-16-2009, 06:20 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this...but she's got lots of good Newfie women up there with her, and I just bet they're brewing up some tea, and having a good old natter as we speak!! :hug99:hug99: to you and Will.