PDA

View Full Version : Ellen Came

Yolanda
04-18-2009, 11:37 AM
Ellen came down to Fredericksburg yesterday with her two fur kids to visit for the day. :cheer3:

All the dogs did wonderful together we let them meet each other two by two or three. She took a lot of great picture and I never took my camera out. Hopefully she will post some soon. GooseMan did “honor” her with a wet tongue lashing. His way of giving loves.

They I took her to one of my favorite sit down restaurants, Mimi's Cafe for a long leisurely lunch. Then we too a small walking tour of historic down town Fredericksburg with a stop at Mary Washington (George’s Washington’s) Mothers home and gardens, the local dog store and my favorite place (The Fudge Factory), where we tasted the fudge. She liked the Key Line Fudge and I got my favorite Butter Pecan.

Back home we just sat around in the front yard talking and let the dogs play till they were tired.

Once it was dark, and the fur kids tired. I pulled out my four generations of quilts and showed them to her. I have quilts mad by my Great Grand Mother (1930ish), my grandmother (1960's), several by my Mothers (1980s), my only attempt (1984), and one of my friends (1998). She seems to think my early 1930 Feed Sack Quilt made by my great grand mother might be valuable. I need to have it recleaned and store properly after letting someone at the Virginia Quilting Guild check it over. :crossfin:

It was a long enjoyable day but still too short

areese
04-18-2009, 11:47 AM
That sounds like such a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Key Lime fudge sounds wonderful and I don't even eat fudge!!!!!!! I prob. would have had to try it.
Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Patt
04-18-2009, 04:29 PM
What a lovely day, I'm glad ya'll got to visit. BTW your place is beautiful. Yeah that Key Lime Fudge sounds yummy to me since both flavors are my fave. I'll have to try to find some.

bsquared
04-18-2009, 04:51 PM
Sounds like a great time! Yo, we'll have to try to get together when I'm in Winchester in a couple of weeks! :)