PDA

View Full Version : Plant Food

SaraInCT
02-18-2006, 08:27 AM
I have this large ficus (sp?) tree thing that I inherited from my mom when she moved back to California. It's not doing too well, probably because I'm pretty good at killing anything green, and the boys just love eating the dirt. I've been told it could probably do well with a little bit of plant food and more top soil but I'm concerned about the boys health if they were to eat soil that has the plant food in it. Any advice? Is there a safe, non-toxic type of plant food on the market that is safe or is all plant food safe anyway for animals? Thanks.

JanUet
02-18-2006, 11:31 AM
I can't offer you any advice onthe palnt thing. But It will be a comfort to you to know That I am the Queen of killing plants. I forget to water them half the time. I love plants and would like to have more but.....they just seem to go to the Plant bridge after I get my hands on them.:rotfl:

Can you raise the plant off the floor so the dogs dont' eat the dirt? Or cover it with plastic or something? I wouldn't want your crew getting sick from eating dirt or soil.

Patt
02-18-2006, 11:40 AM
I don't envy you with a ficus, I didn't have very good luck they are fussy. I found a link with Q&A perhaps that might help you. If you don't find an answer suggest you call your local nursery. Good luck! :)

http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extnews/hortiscope/tree/ficus.htm