PDA

View Full Version : The Flying Sausage Soars and Piper Man Gets Speedier!

Tanya
05-01-2009, 11:32 AM
We had the best flyball weekend a couple weeks ago. My team hosted a tournament in La Crosse, WI, and The Flying Sausage was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! I have been so focused on how Piper has been doing, that Peaches Wiener must have decided she needed the spotlight back. Peaches has been running for about 2.5 years now, and her best time EVER was 6.6 seconds. She has run that numerous times, but normally falls in the 6.8-7.1 range with her runs. Well, she blew that away! She started off the tournament running a 6.5 and back-to-back 6.3s. I was speechless! :shocked: Then she ran a 6.2 on both Saturday and Sunday. In a sport measured to the thousandth of a second, that much of an improvement is huge! :thumbsup:

Also, this was her first time running a 3 day tournament. Normally she only runs on Saturday and Sunday, but she also ran on Friday evening this time. On Sunday she didn’t even want to get out of bed. Then when we got to the tournament, I found out she’d be running on 2 teams. She was the height dog for 1 team, and she was Piper’s back-up on another team because he can’t run full-time yet. I thought her times would be a little slower since she had already run 2 days, but as soon as she got in the racing ring she was reenergized. She didn’t slow down at all. :holyshp: Keep in mind that she has to jump 7 inch hurdles because that is the minimum jump height, and she is only about 8 inches tall maybe. In her last race of the tournament she was still running 6.5-6.6 seconds. Some of our big dogs were slowing down, and they were jumping 7 inches just like Peaches. I don’t know what got into her, but I couldn’t be more proud!!!

Piper Man had a pretty good weekend too! His times were all over the place, but he is improving with each tournament. He also gave me a surprise when he ran a 6.9!!! :cheer3: That was his first time running sub-7 seconds, and I am pretty sure I screamed when I saw his time pop up. I knew he could run that fast…now I just have to get him consistent.

Here are some shots of the P’s on the flyball box!

Peaches has a “swimmer’s turn” off the box. She pushes off the box like a swimmer pushes off a pool wall…think of a sausage shaped Michael Phelps! :D
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee146/tanyab21/Peaches_Box_LaCrosse_Web.jpg

Piper doesn’t have a “swimmer’s turn”…yet. It’s something I plan to work on with him. He was afraid of the box for over 2 years, so I am just thrilled to see him hitting it. Now that he has a lot more confidence, I think we might have some success teaching the turn.
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee146/tanyab21/Piper_Box_LaCrosse_Web.jpg

areese
05-01-2009, 11:39 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!! What great pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb
05-01-2009, 11:48 AM
:wow: That sport is just amazing - I would SO love to watch it in person !!! The pics of the kids are fabulous and GOOOOOO P&P !!!!

lotsadox
05-01-2009, 12:06 PM
That is soooo cool! :cheer3: :cheer3: I love the box pictures. The expressions on their faces are priceless.

Barb, you need to come visit this summer during the Reliant dog show. They have tons of agility and fly ball going on. It's so fun to watch.

Plus there's lots of dog shopping :cheer3: :cheer3:

wawailc
05-01-2009, 12:18 PM
That's just amazing! CONGRATULATION P&P and Mom!

TheDoxieHaus
05-01-2009, 12:22 PM
That is great! Peaches is amazing! Great pictures!

Lisa
05-01-2009, 01:20 PM
Awesome!

:1jump: :1jump: :1jump: :1jump: :1jump: :1jump: :1jump:

Great pictures too. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Otto'sMom
05-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Best pics EVAR! They love it so much. So if Peaches is the canine Michael Phelps, when are you posting her with her bong?

Rafi
05-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Those are great photos!!!:cheer3:

They both look amazing, I'm glad Piper is coming around, and getting into the sport.

Jen
05-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Those photos are amazing! You have very talented pups, and have spent a lot of time on training!

Patt
05-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Flyball looks like so much fun, and keeps the furkids entertained. Totally awesome pics of Peaches & Piper Man. :hearts:

:thankyou: for sharing.

KansasDoxieMama
05-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Love the pics.

Just requested books about Flyball to teach all mine! Love it.

None around Kansas though, the group in Wichita doesnt have enough ppl, and only looking for ppl that can travel with ease....darn.

:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

bittyup
05-02-2009, 03:00 PM
OMG!!!Those pictures are awesome!!!!:cheer3: :cheer3:

Claudine
05-02-2009, 07:23 PM
:appl: :cheer3: :appl: :cheer3: :appl: Hooray for the fastest wieners in the West ( or is it East??) I just love their pics; they look soooo intense!! Talk about concentration!:woonana: :woonana: :woonana:

Alex's Mom
05-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Very Cool Pics!!!!! They sure look like they're enjoying themselves :hearts::hearts:

Tex
05-03-2009, 10:27 AM
:way2go: Peaches and Piper!!!! Those are awesome pics!!!:cheer3: :cheer3: