PDA

View Full Version : I made the harness

areese
02-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, I gave it a try today. I guess it turned out ok. YOu can't see it too well in the picture. The buckle is huge cuz it was the only size I could find! Laika was mad at me cuz I tried it on her too many times. And there's the debris in the background LOL I made a big mess as usual.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/laikaharnessvest.jpg

Pokeys Mom
02-19-2006, 07:03 PM
Looks stunning!! I bet you had to use a big buckle to harness the power of a dachshund. :) Is that a shredded tube in the backgroud? (It looks like home) ;)

Goob
02-19-2006, 07:04 PM
With such a beautiful model, of course you had to make her a new harness!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

areese
02-19-2006, 07:10 PM
[QUOTE=Is that a shredded tube in the backgroud? (It looks like home) ;)[/QUOTE]

It's the remnants of my cutting out the harness. I had to keep revising and trimming..... I still don't have it snug enough across the front I don't think but I didn't want to rip it out again today..
There were fabric pieces and shreds of webbing and velcro and thread all over.... I was in a frenzy:rotfl:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
02-19-2006, 07:10 PM
Awwww! Looking good! Did you give her extra treats for being good? I always tell my pups how good they are & how nice they look. They love attention & compliments!:cheer2: I can pick up a coat & they will beg to be 1st to dress up for Mamie! esp. for pics. (Holding still to get a pic. is totally different & the price is T-R-E-A-t-s!!!)

LUVMYGUNNER
02-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I think it turned out real good--did you use the link I sent you?? Make sure you singe all the ends of your strapping. The buckle is ok large, I have seen someone that sells them do that--hug-a-dox does not. If nothing else go to Walmart and buy theres. I usually go to the diffreent dollar stores and buy all of theirs. LOL. I have enough for about a year.

Linus
02-19-2006, 07:25 PM
It looks great! I made one for Bailey one time...they aren't easy!

Fluffy
02-19-2006, 07:33 PM
It look great!! Laika is such a beautiful model, but look out! She has the "I'm gonna eat your shoes" look on her face!! :rotfl:

lotsadox
02-19-2006, 07:57 PM
It looks great! :banana: I love the fabric! :hula1:

areese
02-19-2006, 08:03 PM
Awwww! Looking good! Did you give her extra treats for being good? I always tell my pups how good they are & how nice they look. They love attention & compliments!:cheer2: I can pick up a coat & they will beg to be 1st to dress up for Mamie! esp. for pics. (Holding still to get a pic. is totally different & the price is T-R-E-A-t-s!!!)

Oh that's so cute. Laika wants the treats but she still doesn't want the coat. It's the velcro. She hates velcro. Now OWEN, being the small angel he is, just does anything for me and loves to put his coats on and thinks he looks SO good. But that's Owen :angel7:

Lisa
02-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Fabulous job! :appl: :appl:

She is just gorgeous. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

areese
02-19-2006, 08:06 PM
I think it turned out real good--did you use the link I sent you?? Make sure you singe all the ends of your strapping. The buckle is ok large, I have seen someone that sells them do that--hug-a-dox does not. If nothing else go to Walmart and buy theres. I usually go to the diffreent dollar stores and buy all of theirs. LOL. I have enough for about a year.

I did use the link-I used that pattern just made it bigger and squared off the back. Thanks again for sending it. I went to THREE dollar stores and couldn't find any buckles-no leashes and no collars, either! I know the one used to have them... I got the ones I used at wal-mart but they just had one size (BIG) Laika keeps trying to bite it. If I ever do see them at the dollar store I'll be buying them!!

LUVMYGUNNER
02-19-2006, 08:32 PM
If you can't find any, If you want, I can sent you some, ours always has a lot. I usaly buy their basic colors which are black, green, red, royal blue. Right now they have some camo ones also which i want to get.

areese
02-19-2006, 08:46 PM
If you can't find any, If you want, I can sent you some, ours always has a lot. I usaly buy their basic colors which are black, green, red, royal blue. Right now they have some camo ones also which i want to get.

Thanks :) I'll keep looking and let you know. I appreciate the offer a lot!
I'll look in Florida too if I get a chance (we are going for 10 days starting wednesday) My sister and I usually shop some :)
I found an old collar of Laika's I can take apart for Owen's harness (maybe I'll make it tomorrow!!) I was thinking to make his out of some bright green chamois-type fabric I have if it's big enough. I buy remnants all the time cuz I make these silly stuffed frogs (I call them phrogs) and sell them (or try to)
But anyway, I think I have some skinnier black webbing and a smaller black buckle that will look good on Owen with bright green...
I'll ahve to start systematically checking dollar stores. We live out in the country so there aren't a whole lot of options but ya know, every little town has at least one dollar store...

LUVMYGUNNER
02-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Check my post about 1000 posts and you can see one of Gunner's Harness/coats that I made out of Batman material. If you ever want me to pick you up some leashes/collars let me know. I use the 3/4 in for the back strapping-can be leash or collar and 1/2 in for the buckle around the neck--you don't ever want to make a harness and not have a buckle. You can make vests and put a hole in it for the collar D-ring to go thru if you don't want to go thru a lot of trouble.

HotDogMama
02-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Well, I think you did an Awesome job!!:appl: I bought some fleece today, and will be going to my sister's this weekend to try out the coat, I already have the fabric for the harness, and if the coat works out will try that too if I'm feelin fiesty! :rotfl:

LUVMYGUNNER
02-19-2006, 09:27 PM
Good job both of you.

Nancy
02-19-2006, 10:39 PM
She looks so pretty and pissed off at the same time! Make sure you make one for Owen!

Patt
02-20-2006, 05:09 AM
Beautiful sewing job! :appl: I wish I had your talent. :)

Rae
02-20-2006, 10:53 AM
I wish I had the talent, the time, the patience.... geez. you guys are great and she looks beautiful- perfect fabric for the diva.

Mama S.
02-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Looks fabulous! I'm off to find this link you talk about - see if I can get something going for the herd!
Sandi

Bella's Mom
02-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Laika looks like she is smiling in the picture! She sure is a beauty. :angel7: Great job on the harness!